TSM Forums
Sign in to follow this  
Hunter's Torn Quad

Edge injured; out of action for undetermined length of time

Smackdown title curse strikes again

Edge has a torn pectoral muscle from taking a bad bump during the Mardi Gras angle on the Smackdown show that aired on Friday. He is out for an undetermined length of time, depending upon whether he goes in for surgery and just tries to have it heal from rehab. He was particularly bummed over the timing of the injury because the plan was a long reign as champion and top star on the brand.

The plan as of yesterday, which still could be changed today, was for a Battle Royal to determine the new champion. The winner of the Battle Royal will make their first title defense on Sunday's Great American Bash in San Jose.

Three prospective or reigning Smackdown champions in a row go down with torn muscles. Something in the water, maybe?

I hate that...a Battle Royal to determine a champ. I can understand if it was a test of endurance like the Rumble, but Battle Royals are so short and simple. Would it kill them to have a 4 man tournament? If anything, if they really do have a Battle Royal, they should have the final two face each other for the vacant title at GAB.

Not saying that Edge was on the gas, but torn muscles are an injury commonly seen with steroid users...

I agree that a battle royale is very underwhelming to crown a new champ. Why not at least make the winner of the BR face Kane in a singles match, since he's the #1 contender and all?

Good God, this is such bullshit pure and simple.

I've joked about it time and time again, but good God, SD just might really be cursed for real. :lol:

Ok, I'm going to go ahead and call it:

Mark Henry, World Heavyweight Champion

So, is this the reason behind Edge's "big announcement" concerning the WHT?

And it will be either Batista, Finlay, Khali, or Henry who gets the belt if he does vacate it. I'm guessing it will be one of the last two.

I don't have a doubt that it'll be Mark Henry. If it's anyone else, I'll be shocked. It's the only thing that makes complete sense right now.

Mark Henry isn't doing anything else right now, he isn't involved in any major angle, and he's been pushed the past few weeks by destroying different guys.

They could do a face/heel match at the PPV just as they were planning to do, only this time with it being Henry vs. Kane.

Having Mark Henry beat Kane in his first title defense would make sense, and make him look that much stronger.

After Kane they could go to Henry/Mysterio once again, and hey, I always did like their matches together.

It's not Edge, Edge is one of the best in the entire business right now, but at least it's something that makes sense, and the guy seems to continue to improve over the past year or two.

It'll suck if it turns out to be a minor injury like with Kennedy and they pull the title off of him. Although I suppose they can remedy it easier than the Money in the Bank situation. Just have him take the title back after he's healed up.

Good God, this is such bullshit pure and simple.

I've joked about it time and time again, but good God, SD just might really be cursed for real. :lol:

Ok, I'm going to go ahead and call it:

Mark Henry, World Heavyweight Champion

A self-fulfilling curse/prophecy, in that case.

I see Khali, because Khali/Batista's the only Smackdown match already booked that could feasibly slide into the ME slot left from Kane/Edge. Maybe throw Kane in as an extra challenger, make it a triple threat for the gold.

man this really sucks some major Nerf balls, lookin back at the draft now more then ever they got raped big time, i think they might have to take someone from ECW or Raw to at least balance things out

They could do a lot if they added Ken Kennedy to the mix. Since Edge is the guy that cost Kennedy's shot at the title in the first place, it would be perfect if they had Kennedy somehow grab the title from Edge.

Man that's fucked. I'll jump on the "I hate Battle Royal's to crown new champions" bandwagon, too.

How long's that type of injury take to heal? A year?

I say they pull a longer version of Vader/Rick Rude. Rude was injured or something and got Vader to defend his title in his place back in early 90's WCW (only a couple of times though - or maybe even once, I can't exactly remember). Hook Mark Henry up with Edge and have Henry be his go to title defending monster. Edge gets to stay on TV, heel it up on the mic, and still technically be the champion. Henry gets to be main event level again, and this even sets up a face turn by either man when the Edge is healed and can come back.

Man that's fucked. I'll jump on the "I hate Battle Royal's to crown new champions" bandwagon, too.

How long's that type of injury take to heal? A year?

I say they pull a longer version of Vader/Rick Rude. Rude was injured or something and got Vader to defend his title in his place back in early 90's WCW (only a couple of times though - or maybe even once, I can't exactly remember). Hook Mark Henry up with Edge and have Henry be his go to title defending monster. Edge gets to stay on TV, heel it up on the mic, and still technically be the champion. Henry gets to be main event level again, and this even sets up a face turn by either man when the Edge is healed and can come back.

Good idea, but this is the WWE, so we'll get a battle royal with a big man winning.

They could do a lot if they added Ken Kennedy to the mix. Since Edge is the guy that cost Kennedy's shot at the title in the first place, it would be perfect if they had Kennedy somehow grab the title from Edge.

That's what I was thinking. Send Kennedy back to Smackdown. Even though I don't think he should get the title just yet, I'd rather see him as Smackdown champion than on RAW feuding with Super Crazy.

Would it be too much to ask to have 4 matches on Smackdown, with the winners competing in a 4-way at the PPV for the vacant title? You would have to postpone Khali/Batista, but if they both won their respective matches, they could add heat to their feud during the PPV and blow it off at Summerslam.

Batista vs. Chris Masters

Kane vs. Finlay

Henry vs. Matt Hardy ( I would have said Flair, but he is out with an ear injury and personal problems. The announcers could say that if Hardy wins, he would compete for the World, not US.)

Khali vs. Eugene (There is really no one left)

This is a hoss-a-riffic title match for the PPV, but their is really no other direction to go. One of these four are going to win the title. I say give it to Henry for a couple of months and let him run with it.

Why can't Edge just wrestle on Sunday and job the title to Kane? Hell, give the big man one decent little run with the belt. If UT can wrestle hurt to drop the belt then surely Edge can do it too.

If Mark Henry actually wins the title do you realize two of the main champs in WWE would be Henry and Nitro? How can they go to sleep at night after that?

Why can't they just have Edge put the title on the line against Kane on SmackDown and have Kane win the belt. and than Kane could defend the title against Mark henry or Finlay or someone.

I'am serously, SERIOUSLY, convinced that god is perpously trying to sabatoge SmackDown. I mean, ever sence 2005. many of SmackDown's top stars have been injured for long periods of time. seriosuly. this is starting to get flat-out redicules.

Why can't Edge just wrestle on Sunday and job the title to Kane? Hell, give the big man one decent little run with the belt. If UT can wrestle hurt to drop the belt then surely Edge can do it too.

If Mark Henry actually wins the title do you realize two of the main champs in WWE would be Henry and Nitro? How can they go to sleep at night after that?

Nitro isnt that bad, sucks on the mic but he is a very solid wrestler

Well this sucks for Edge. But Batista must be thrilled that he can get title shots again.

The only knock I have on Nitro is that he can't cut a promo.

Anyways, I'm going to go out on a limb and say that Rey Mysterio gets the title.

Guest Dolfan483

Since hes so over, have Matt Hardy win it on Friday, and lose it on Sunday.

Fucking pussy letting something like a completely torn pectoral muscle slow him down. Slap a bandaid on it and get back out there for my entertainment, girly-man.

You can't "work around" a torn pec. There's absolutely nothing you can do in the ring that wouldn't further aggravate the injury.