TSM Forums
Sign in to follow this  
Hunter's Torn Quad

Edge injured; out of action for undetermined length of time

LATEST SPOILER NEWS ON WWE WORLD CHAMPIONSHIP TONIGHT

by Mike Johnson @ 6:00:11 PM on 7/17/2007

The plan right now is that

the Great Khali will win the WWE World championship on Smackdown once Edge vacates it due to his pectoral tear. Khali vs. Batista at the Great American Bash will be for the championship

See, I totally edited this so the spoiler would be safe. All I'll say is, even after thinking about it that it still doesn't make an ounce of sense to me.

The plan right now is that...

I don't care but please mark this as a spoiler thread or blackout the blatant spoiler here.

Batista is really the only credible guy to put the title on at this point IMO.

That's a horrible choice. Batista last title reign was crap. He sucks.

I'd rather have a year-long reign by Kane than even a week of Batista as champ again.

This whole Edge situation sucks. First Taker, now Rated R? I was really enjoying Edge's title run. He has been an absolute joy to watch. I really hope he's back soon.

The plan right now is that The Great Khali will win the WWE World championship on Smackdown once Edge vacates it due to his pectoral tear. Khali vs. Batista at the Great American Bash will be for the championship.

lol

...and you thought Lashley Vs. Cena was going to be bad?

Guest joshtothemaxx

Out of everyone on the roster I think the only person that would get non-wrestling fans talking would be Flair. As a quick little experiment, I sent my stepbrother and Dad to the wwe.com rosters page and told them to pick who they would want to watch win (Dad watched in the 70s and 80s, stepbro in the Austin-era) and they both said the only person they gave a fuck about was Flair. I hope he runs back to the tapings from wherever he is to surprise everyone.

I just wanna know why they want to just go and screw over Kane like that... it's not his fault Edge got injured. Sure, Kane was not going to win the belt, but I doubt Edge was going to lose it to Khali of all people.

Also, I believe this is the 7th title shot for Batista in less than 4 months. (maybe 6th)

Damn. I was hoping he would name a substitute to wrestle in his place until he gets healthy - I know it's Booker/Orton angle from a year ago, but it would have been cool to see tweener Edge have Rey defending the title, and then turning on Rey when he was ready to return.

BOOOOOO! <_<

If Khali does win the belt and then defends against Batista they will be taking Batista into Luger territory if he does not win.

Why not give Kane the title? He is over and would do a lot for him.

Alvarez needs to be taken out to the shed and be shot if this is the real spoiler. What a massive overhype job he has done for a nothing spoiler.

This surprises you?

Well, I can see not wanting Khali to be such a jobber with the belt that he simply loses at GAB right after winning it. That said, Batista needs to win the title at SummerSlam. I don't exactly know what else you can do, cause keeping the title on Khali for any length of time is a farce.

You know the deranged aspect of it? I can actually see them keeping the belt on Khali until WM next year and UT coming back to take him down. And what's worse, if that is booked right I can see that actually drawing money.

The worst part is this was completely conceivable. Switch the title to the other main event angle of Batista/Khali. How is this supposed to get us talking any more than now when the newsbit broke? Like HTQ said, the only two things fit that statement, and I was hoping it would be the major surprise name. Oh well.

Alvarez needs to be taken out to the shed and be shot if this is the real spoiler. What a massive overhype job he has done for a nothing spoiler.

Why?

When I read his comment I knew exactly who Alvarez was talking about.

Giving the belt to one of the worst wrestlers ever will get people talking

this would be a perfect way for Kenndy to jump back to SD and win the title he never had a chance to win!

perfect storyline....

:\

this would be a perfect way for Kenndy to jump back to SD and win the title he never had a chance to win!

perfect storyline....

Psh.......Triple H needs more heels to beat....like he'd let the guy go back to Smackdown when he personally got him moved to Raw so he could beat him.

perfect storyline....

Psh.......Triple H needs more heels to beat....like he'd let the guy go back to Smackdown when he personally got him moved to Raw so he could beat him.

well he wanted to beat Edge also, but that didn't stop him from jumping

They should at least put Kane in the Kahli/Batista match and make it a 3 Way Suckfest.

Id actually be for Mark Henry winning since his promo made it out as him willing to take on everyone and Id be interested in a sick way in seeing him vs Kahli..

Well I guess edge can come back and say he is the uncrowned champion but good grief does this fucking suck. Two world champions in a row that have to forfeit their titles due to injury.

Although at times like this, I think it would be a perfect chance to attempt to make a real star by having someone totally unexpected win the title, I don't have a huge problem with Khali winning it. What I do have a problem with is once again fucking batista is in the world title picture. Why can't they actually attempt to make some new stars instead of constantly going back to the same old people? Especially one that has been either married to the title or in the title picture since he came back from his injury.

Man..between Cena or god forbid the Roid King. being champion on raw, and khali or batista being the champion on smackdown for the foreseeable future...things are about as bleak as I have seen them in quite some time.

"Two world champions in a row that have to forfeit their titles due to injury."

Plus, you've got Lashley forfeiting the ECW World Title. And the "title reign" of Vince McMahon. And Johnny Nitro holding a major title, much less a World Title. Plus, Taker's Streak/Batista's Run in a mid-card WM match.

Not a good year to be a champion unless you're John Cena the Monster Slayer.