TSM Forums
Sign in to follow this  
Hunter's Torn Quad

John Kronus found dead

John Kronus was found dead today at his girlfriend's apartment in New Hampshire. At this point, no other details are available.

Kronus & Perry Saturn, as The Eliminators, were pushed by Paul Heyman as "The Best Tag Team in the World," during much of 1996 and 1997, as multiple-time ECW tag champions. New Jack & Kronus also held the title.

John Kronus was found dead today at his girlfriend's apartment in New Hampshire. At this point, no other details are available.

Kronus & Perry Saturn, as The Eliminators, were pushed by Paul Heyman as "The Best Tag Team in the World," during much of 1996 and 1997, as multiple-time ECW tag champions. New Jack & Kronus also held the title.

Ummm....... hmm. I don't know what to really say about this one. Does anybody know if he was one of the guys taking something. And man, NANCY GRACE is gonna have a field day with this one.

I'm pretty sure Kronus had substance problems though I'm not positive. May have been the reason he didn't join Saturn in WCW.

I don't think Mero ever wrestled Kronus unless it was in the indies or Mero had a brief ECW stint that I'm completely forgetting about.

RIP Kronus

Damn that sucks. One half of one of my all time favorite tag teams is gone.

Kronus was in such bad shape for those Hardcore Homecoming shows but he was still able to do some of his agile moves and that was kinda cool to see.

Yes, Kronus was into pretty much every drug imaginable. I can tell you that with certainty.

Honestly, I can't say I'm surprised at all. I had a feeling he was going to pass soon due to his sketchy history.

Seems the guys from the old ECW are the guys with the most severe issues.....honestly it's not surprising.

if Kronus was still upwards of 400lbs and a heavy drug abuser I can't say I'm totally surprised.

Here's Keller's erroneous report, calling Barely Legal "One Night Stand":

- SEND US NEWS

WWE News

ETC. News: Former ECW tag champ, Eliminator John Kronus, found dead today

By Wade Keller, Torch editor

Jul 18, 2007, 20:30

Email This Article - Printer Friendly Page - Back to Main Listing

Former ECW Tag Team Champion John Kronus was found dead in his girlfriend's apartment in New Hampshire today.

He teamed with Perry Saturn, who went on to a singles career in WCW and the WWF after splitting with Kronus. Kronus also teamed with New Jack in ECW.

He wrestled with Saturn on the first ECW PPV, "One Night Stand," in 1997, defeated The Dudleys to regain the ECW Tag Team Titles.

Others on that PPV who are now dead are Pitbull II and Louie Spicolli (prelim match).

That fucking sucks. I knew him a bit, years ago, and he was a pretty nice guy who was always up for anything.

Very entertaining member of The Eliminators. The "sizzle" to Saturn's "steak" in the team, IMO, before weight issues really held him down. But a fun "sizzle" that was busting out the Firebird Splash and all kindsa fun offense. Although, despite not having the best body, the guy could fly and had some entertaining singles contests in the Dub as well.

So here's to Kronus and his goofy laugh. R.I.P.

man this is happening far too often and it really makes it hard to latch on to a wrestler and be a fan of theirs because you dont know if they could die tommorow, Lord knows the liberal douches like Nancy Grace, Hannity and Colmes, etc... will drag his name through the mud and somehow link him to Benoit and not even bother to look at what may have happened, considering he had knee surgery last week according to reports, he may have got a blood clot that killed him much the same way it happened to Chris Candido, and Mero will whore his list out adding his name

RIP John Kronus and God Bless his family and friends

Awful news, I was always a fan of the Elminators. I was only watching Hardcore Homecoming the other day and thought it would have been great to see Saturn and Krous reunite.

Is Saturn done with wrestling now? Did his neck injury become too much?

The Total Elimination was always my favorite double team move.

QFT

I think the Motor City Machine Guns should start using it, it would fit them.

As much as I hate to say it, it's a shock he lived this long. The guy was a wreck for years on so many levels. Condolences to his family.

I met him at an indy show in 2000 to do a brief radio interview. He was an extremely nice guy to talk to. He kept joking that he was drinking beer in a high school (the show was in the gymnasium).

RIP Kronus.

Awful news, I was always a fan of the Elminators. I was only watching Hardcore Homecoming the other day and thought it would have been great to see Saturn and Krous reunite.

Saturn is done. He got stabbed in the back a few years ago to, I believe.

RIP Kronus.

No, he was shot three times in the neck. Basically, he stumbled over some dudes raping a woman in an alley and went Batman on them. They shot him. He said "Yahtzee! You're welcome," and continued kicking their asses til he saved the chick. I might've slightly embellished some details there, but that's basically what happened. And then he rehabbed for a year to get back into shape... only right before Hardcore Homecoming he suffered a broken neck, not sure if it was in training or during a match. I haven't heard much about him since then, so I guess it's safe to say he's not coming back to wrestling.

Ummm....... hmm. I don't know what to really say about this one. Does anybody know if he was one of the guys taking something. And man, NANCY GRACE is gonna have a field day with this one.

Looks like Grace is all over Mike Vicks jock now. It's about ratings and Beoit is becoming old news.

No, he was shot three times in the neck. Basically, he stumbled over some dudes raping a woman in an alley and went Batman on them. They shot him. He said "Yahtzee! You're welcome," and continued kicking their asses til he saved the chick. I might've slightly embellished some details there, but that's basically what happened.

Did he by any chance use Moppy as one of his weapons?

Yea the media might jump on this and try to somehow tie this into Benoit. Like when Jericho was on foxnews, and the lady asked him if Benoit had ever introduced Jericho to Dr Astin ( I mean come on that is a stupid question)

Anyhow sad news as per usual. Kronus was always quick for a big man and I was shocked to still see him hitting the 450 when he was much fatter during his XPW days.

and by the way Wade forgot to add Big Dick Dudley to the list of deceased wrestlers at Barely Legal (He came out in the main event and tried to chokeslam Tommy Dreamer only to have it reversed)

RIP John and Thank You

i read that Nancy Grace is gonna discuss this on her show tonight, who wants to bet that she'll try to link this to Benoit and say Kronus was depressed that he was demoted from ECW to XPW, and Mero will bring up his list again and Debra will talk about how Austin clubbed her like a baby seal with a wet noodle