TSM Forums
Sign in to follow this  
Lil' Bitch

War

Didn't Jet Li retire?

Pretty sure he meant from films in his home country.

I've been looking forward to this film ever since it was first called ROGUE. Jason and Jet beating the hell out of the bad guys all the while beating the hell out of themselves? They had me at Jason Statham in mindless action film.

And dammit Luke-O, Kevin Nash looks like a huge Kenny Rogers in that picture.

I'm not making movies for myself anymore. I see now that I can't retire yet--not before I make a few movies that may help inspire greater wisdom and more sane behavior in the world. I'm looking further, much further, than box office returns.

See, this movie will inspire greater wisdom in the world. How can one not go see this movie now? It's apparently action filled and has an inspirational message to bring us all together.

:lol:

I have to admit I'm intrigued at this movie, ever since seeing the trailer a while back. Is it just me or is Statham incredibly bad ass in everything? I've liked the guy ever since first seeing Snatch.

Didn't Jet Li retire?

Didn't Terry Funk retire?

My guess: Li's recent Hong Kong flicks hadn't been doing great business, so they drummed up the "retirement" angle to sell more tickets to the marks.

And oh yeah, I'll watch the shit out of this War flick.

:lol:

He looks like he's serenading someone to "Lady" in that pic :)

"You're the love of my life... You're my Lady..."

I'm not making movies for myself anymore. I see now that I can't retire yet--not before I make a few movies that may help inspire greater wisdom and more sane behavior in the world. I'm looking further, much further, than box office returns.

See, this movie will inspire greater wisdom in the world. How can one not go see this movie now? It's apparently action filled and has an inspirational message to bring us all together.

The message? Don't stand in mine or Jason's way or we kick your ass.

I'm inspired already.

I'd love if it more actors pulled the retirement angle to get their grosses up...

voice over guy "This summer see Al Pacino in his final ever movie role"

three months later

"Um...I meant I was retiring from mob movies. I'll still do other stuff."

When people REALLY retire, they tend to be pretty quiet about it. Like Sean Connery: he just stopped making movies. (Whether or not his last movie, the shitacular League of Extaordinary Gentlemen had anything to do with that is up for debate.)

War

What is it good for?

Absolutely nothin'! Good God y'all.

And oh yes, I'll be seeing this sonofabitch on opening night if the podunk multiplex shows it

Speaking of Statham, I have Lock, Stock, and Two Smoking Barrels ordered and hopefully will get it fairly soon. Is it as good as Snatch?

Anyone know why the Transporter movies were only PG-13? They seem like prototypical violent R rated actioners. Hell, it's not like those being PG-13 seriously added $$ at the box office.

Lock Stock was much better than Snatch.

Snatch was a watered down Lock Stock.

I enjoyed it from beginning till probably the last two minutes. The abrupt ending was a disappointment to a film that was much better than I expected. The film had a good plot, great action, and a hell of a twist. Jet Li was also really good, it seems his English speaking films nowadays are getting better.

Didn't they already fight in The One?

Yeah, but it wasn't much of a fight. I was satisfied with their rematch in War though, these two really went at it!

I enjoyed the film too (and really didn't see some of those story twists coming at all).

The audience at the showing we went to last night seemed to be 1/2 Asian. Nothing wrong with that, just something I observed (makes sense too I guess).

Oh and having seen Lock, Stock now I can safely say it's nowhere near as good as Snatch. Just too many gangs and pointless characters to keep track of in it.

Has anyone seen this?

I saw it last weekend, overall not too bad, a little disconnected and confusing story a bit with turns on this character and that happening at every turn (even before you know WHO these characters are somewhat) but it all makes sense near the end with a major swerve upon all of the other turns and confusion. There was a bit of a flow problem with the film, as it kind of went in a roller coaster effect, but overall not too bad. Worth checking out.

I saw it. The first hour was boring as shit with needless exposition that no one cares about. I thought it all came together really well though and I liked the final battles.

And it had Catalina from My Name Is Earl