TSM Forums
Sign in to follow this  
JaMarcus Russell's #1 Caucasian Fan

When should John Cena Drop the Belt?

I dont post in the WWE forum that much, but I read it on a regular basis. Now, to the topic. John Cena has been the WWE champ for almost a year. Most around here are divided with him. Some love, some hate. As for me, John Cena is the reason why I started watching wrestling again last year after a 3 year hiatus for it. Ive enjoyed Cena's run for the most partbut now I believe its time for him to drop the belt. Its really hard to say who he sould drop the belt to, but I believe it should be at Summerslam or at Unforgiven (give him the year I guess). Its really hard for me to say who he should drop the title to, but I say Randy Orton. I believe that this past year Orton has improved greatly with his ring work and his character work. Plus we havent seen a meaningful Cena/Orton matchup since theyve been in the E. I think it would be an entertaining fued if done correctly and would give Orton legit main event status. Well this just my two cents. Im kind of interested in here peoples thougts.

P.S.- If this should be in the General discussion topic, then close please.

I dont know.... It is very cloudy...... Cena isnt my cup of tea but i put up with him. I do like that since he's champion we all think way outside the box on who will beat him. It is a dangerous scenario because the last 2 people that beat him, their reigns amounted to nothing. I have a good feeling about lashley but if not him then orton at Summerslam.

ASAP. Today, if they've got a house show. Tomorrow at the PPV, if not. Who to? Anyone but Lashley. Have some random person come out, challenge Cena to a match for the belt, he accepts, they smash in his teeth with a baseball bat and take the title. Who does this? Don't care. Put it on Maria. As long as Cena loses the damn thing and they get rid of that hideous spinner belt.

According to the latest Observer, the tentative plan is for Cena vs Orton at Summerslam with Orton winning the title and the returning HHH (after vanquishing King Booker at Summerslam) to chase Orton with Cena in the mix.

Cena beats all challengers credible or otherwise until Mania when HHH turns heel and squashes him.

Nah, they could've done that last year and didn't, don't think they'll try to now.

ASAP. Today, if they've got a house show. Tomorrow at the PPV, if not. Who to? Anyone but Lashley. Have some random person come out, challenge Cena to a match for the belt, he accepts, they smash in his teeth with a baseball bat and take the title. Who does this? Don't care. Put it on Maria. As long as Cena loses the damn thing and they get rid of that hideous spinner belt.

Take It Easy..... WWE is scared that Cena - Belt = No Ratings. So He may surpass Savage... who knows? All I know is that The belt needs to be done with

I would agree with not giving Lashley the belt. I dont think hes really up to it and even capable to carry the load right now. He can barely speak, but is servicable in the ring with the right kind of worker. To me, to be the champ you have to speak when needed to and carry the load for the main event. Lashley hasnt displayed that ability at all just yet and putting the belt on him now, would set back the work they did making the WWE championship important again.

The good thing about Cena's reign, is that the belt is somewhat credible and whomever he loses it to go is going to get a huge rub.

Seriously, I was gonna say MONTREAL, but then I remembered Survivor Series moved to a different locale. If he's gonna drop it, make it at Wrestlemania and no where else. If he didn't drop it at lesser know pay per view such as New Year's Resolution and One Night Stand I'm sure it would've meant more.

BTW, imagine if Cena still had the belt straight from Wrestlemania 21 to now? Geez, how many days would that be?

I say no one is ready to get the title off of him at the moment.

I honestly can't imagine anyone other then Cena with that title right now. Orton, Booker and Kennedy doesn't feel right and no way in Hell do I want Lashley as champ.

I have no comment about Triple H until I see his work after coming back from this injury.

If we're talking hypothetical fantasy situations, I'd have Toshiaki Kawada challenge him and have a 20 minute match consisiting of head dumps, stiff kicks and GANSO BOMB~!

Seriously though, King Booker. Kennedy's jobbed out too many times so soon after the draft and HHH shouldn't just walk into a title shot. (Orton? Fuck Orton.)

Have Cena retain at GAB, have Booker worm his way into the rematch at Summerslam, and then have him gain a cheap pin over Lashley to take the title feud away from Cena.

:lol:

My sentiments exactly.

Hell, I would GLADLY accept another HHH title run over him keeping the belt one more day. And even if he loses the belt, which they should just rename the "Cena heavyweight championship", he has to turn heel before I even come close to being interested in seeing anything he does.

With that said, as much as it pains me to say this, I'd rather him have the belt than Lashley.

Guest droptoehold

Summer Slam to Sid

He has pretty muched faced everyone and beat em.

Save Kennedy and Orton for a good feud. Monday

after the Bash have Sid come own and Own Cena.

Each following week have him own Cena til Summerslam

come summerslam have Sid dominate & win making

Cena contemplate his future and take a leave of absence.

Bring him back in Oct / Nov

Lashley at Great American Bash, leading to Orton vs Lashley at Summerslam where what son in law wants, he gets and Orton wins there. I think that it would be better if Cena jobbed to someone that's well pushed like Lashley than against inconsistent Orton.

Lashley at Summerslam. He's not ready but it's worth a shot. Then hot shot it back to Cena the next night on raw. No one would expect it and it would get some good ratings when people here about it on the west coast and around the world.

TO: CM PUNK

WHEN: Royal Rumble or Wrestlemania

Unless there is someone out there currently in WWE-land that is healthy and has the ability to construct a heel promo live on tv I don't think anybody else is worthy of defeating Superman Cena. My second choice would be Mr. Kennedy but is he healthy and how many times is he going to lose on tv before they start building him up again?

I would love to see him drop it to a returning Chris Jericho but doubt that will happen. My prediction is that he drops it to Kennedy or Triple H at either Summerslam or Survivor Series.

RVD? Ha. I'm glad RVD got out while he could without returning that job to Cena.

Anyway, it's going to either be Lashley or Orton at this point. I heard some Meltzer update saying Orton at SS and then HHH will inevitably beat Orton. So just consider what we're going to see:

--HHH comes back and buries Booker, since Booker really doesn't have much heat left with the King gimmick.

--Kennedy has already been jobbed out and buried on Raw.

--Cena would end up probably beating Lashley and while it might not totally bury Lashley it would be a setback for his 8 months of mega push.

--Cena jobbing to Orton would make Cena look awful and sorta bury him, since Orton is a joke and has jobbed to everyone under the sun (including a guy whose contract was up AND in storyline had a concussion).

--HHH would of course get to bury Orton in the end.

Thus who ends up on top when all is said and done? HHH. And maybe a returning Shawn.

According to the latest Observer, the tentative plan is for Cena vs Orton at Summerslam with Orton winning the title and the returning HHH (after vanquishing King Booker at Summerslam) to chase Orton with Cena in the mix.

Fuck.

i cant quite figure out the sudden infacuation Triple H has with Orton Orton's an ok wrestler, but hes screwed up more times then most people have fingers, he makes Teddy Hart look like a saint and thats saying something, yet he keeps getting chance after chance to be a big star

RVD? Ha. I'm glad RVD got out while he could without returning that job to Cena.

Yeah, because his career would have been in just terrible shape if that had happened. As opposed to right now.....

Uh, anyway, tonight to Lashley.

Do the WWE have any wrestlers left that aren't dead or injured?

Uh... Paul London.

Cucaracha, that wasn't exactly my point. If they had gone out of their way to do some lame RVD/Cena rematch only so Cena could get some meaningless win.....it just would have been pathetic and needless. At least by leaving that door open perhaps RVD could come back some day and feud with Cena with the point being "John, you beat all these guys but you didn't beat me!"

As far as HHH/Orton goes, geez just read a bit between the lines. HHH wants Orton to get the belt because he knows Orton will obviously job to him. Has little to do with Hunter thinking he's a swell guy.

Do the WWE have any wrestlers left that aren't dead or injured?

Uh... Paul London.

well, they still have eugine.

At the moment i cant see anyone having the belt except cena, as much as i hate him as champ. I think he will keep it untill around summerslam, maybe the ppv after summerslam & drop it to HHH, which could lead to another angle with HBK. OK i hope its not the latter part of that sentance!