TSM Forums
Sign in to follow this  
Atticus Chaos

Bonnie Hammer submitting ideas to Vince

It would be so awesome if a wrestler branished a gun threatening the crowd with "say what again! I dare ya I double dare ya mutha fuckas! Say what one more goddamn time!"

It would be funnier if Lashley did it when if he turns heel.

Off topic, but is "Sex, Lies and Headlocks" any good?

It would be funnier if Lashley did it when if he turns heel.

Off topic, but is "Sex, Lies and Headlocks" any good?

It was an okay read. It's been a while since I've read it, but I remember it being well written. It is filled with some factual errors, but nothing so egregrious that it makes you question his credibility. It's a nice overview of Vince McMahon and WWF's rise to power. It's a little easier to manage than pouring over old Observers.

It's also the basis for building up every new female face. "I'm pretty, hooray! I want to show my titties in playboy!"

Female heel: show some shame, slut!

Crowd: boo!

Female face: oh, it's ON, bitch!

*lame feud*

It's not like they ever stopped doing it and having Sable come back and do it again should make any real difference. Plus, they did they already.

In spite of the fact that his relationship with Linda is most likely professional for the most part, I still find it amazing that Vince managed to get married and reproduce, as well as have sex with several other women.

I say this because he obviously has no fucking clue as to what many women are actually like.

It's also the basis for building up every new female face. "I'm pretty, hooray! I want to show my titties in playboy!"

Female heel: show some shame, slut!

Crowd: boo!

Female face: oh, it's ON, bitch!

*lame feud*

It's not like they ever stopped doing it and having Sable come back and do it again should make any real difference. Plus, they did they already.

In spite of the fact that his relationship with Linda is most likely professional for the most part, I still find it amazing that Vince managed to get married and reproduce, as well as have sex with several other women.

I say this because he obviously has no fucking clue as to what many women are actually like.

I'm not sure when he married Linda, but his kids were born in the 70's and he's rich, famous and has power. Chicks will fuck him.

Shouldn't WWE create its own identity for this decade, rather then falling back into the 90s?

If the 90s means exciting unpredictable complex intertwining storylines between multiple personalities at the same time such as a link to the opening of Summerslam 97 or a link to the opening of Survivor Series 98 and the new identity means whatever passes for story today (Not much), we should probably go back to the 90s.

God, I just watched those links and they make me miss wrestling so much. Not the crap that passes for it now with Cena and Lashley embarrassing themselves in a feud based on nothing, but the interesting, well-written stuff that they had back in the day.

Honestly, I find the idea that the product has "advanced" to be ludicrous. Yeah, a few of the specific "attitude era" angles wouldn't hold up now, but the storylines were about 100x more cohesive and well-written, the booking was more exciting, and the characters were much deeper and more realistic.

Not only were they relatively more cohesive, there was a storyline for everyone from the Headbangers, the Oddities and the JOB Squad to Austin, Undertaker and Mankind

Shouldn't WWE create its own identity for this decade, rather then falling back into the 90s?

If the 90s means exciting unpredictable complex intertwining storylines between multiple personalities at the same time such as a link to the opening of Summerslam 97 or a link to the opening of Survivor Series 98 and the new identity means whatever passes for story today (Not much), we should probably go back to the 90s.

God, I just watched those links and they make me miss wrestling so much. Not the crap that passes for it now with Cena and Lashley embarrassing themselves in a feud based on nothing, but the interesting, well-written stuff that they had back in the day.

That 2nd link was awesome. Brings back memories... i remember at the time, i felt that was one of the weaker stories they did.. now its soooo much better than what's been on TV the past couple of years.

That 2nd link was awesome. Brings back memories... i remember at the time, i felt that was one of the weaker stories they did.. now its soooo much better than what's been on TV the past couple of years.

The other 7 parts to that video (Each 10 mins long) leads up to Mankind winning the world title if anyone is interested in watching the rest. Would someone like Mankind be made into a world champion today?

The only person who would fit into that mould would be Eugene, which means his chance has gone. His time would have been when Bischoff was pissing all over him.

No, because that kind of gimmick is so hard to actually write well, that the current staff would sink it before it was 3 months out of the gate. Instead of puttting him in serious feuds and giving him a chance to get over, they'd just have him stare googly-eyed at the divas while they showed a little bit of cleavage or pour green slime on him and have him wear it for 6 months in endless pointless lower-midcard matches.

Exactly. Mankind came in and immedietely not only feuded with, but pinned the Undertaker. More than once. That right there assured he wasn't going to be seen as a joke. But aside from the "in hindsight this is gonna look like a baaaad idea" cases like Khali, when's the last time they pushed any newcomer like that? Oh yeah, Brock, and it worked, the fucker's been off TV for three years and the crowd still pops if you just mention his name.

Exactly. Mankind came in and immedietely not only feuded with, but pinned the Undertaker. More than once. That right there assured he wasn't going to be seen as a joke. But aside from the "in hindsight this is gonna look like a baaaad idea" cases like Khali, when's the last time they pushed any newcomer like that? Oh yeah, Brock, and it worked, the fucker's been off TV for three years and the crowd still pops if you just mention his name.

But both Mankind and Brock got to a point where it was "put up or shut up" as far as whether or not they deserved the spots they got. Both guys proved themselves worthy of their spots. Brock's initial push got nothing but bad reviews from the people here, and it wasn't until around or after his title win at SSlam 02 that people started to give him a little recognition.

You know, with the ratings falling like we've seen this week, it's looking more and more likely that we'll some of the changes mentioned in this thread.

Russo going back to WWE could be the catalyst behind wrestling becoming good, and TNA becoming unique. Though, I guess that all depends no who really is booking TNA, and how different Russo would be in WWE.

What did Russo even do when he returned to WWE that last time? I know he was only there long enough for a cup of coffee, but did he do anything at all really?

And I agree with you Chriswok. Once upon a time, Vince Russo did work out in WWE with Vince McMahon acting as something of a filter, and TNA would be far better off without Russo. Heck, maybe if Russo left TNA Cornette could get more power, or maybe they'd actually be willing to bring in Paul Heyman...and maybe Heyman would be more willing to actually go there as well.

What did Russo even do when he returned to WWE that last time? I know he was only there long enough for a cup of coffee, but did he do anything at all really?

I think this might have been the time when he had the idea of turning Rock gay. All I remember for sure is he was put in the writing team and his ideas were considered so out of touch that he was removed and made a 'consultant' and sent home/quit all in the space of 24hrs.

I think this might have been the time when he had the idea of turning Rock gay. All I remember for sure is he was put in the writing team and his ideas were considered so out of touch that he was removed and made a 'consultant' and sent home/quit all in the space of 24hrs.

Oh man, is that true? Jeez :huh:

Didn't he also want to bring back Mankind, Steve Austin, Bret Hart and a bunch of other former stars in as a faction in yet another lame attempt at an invasion angle?

Oh man, is that true? Jeez :huh:

I never remembered hearing about this anywhere. There are certain people here,(and elsewhere) who hate Russo no matter what he does. He helps to raise ratings for TNA Impact to an all time high, yet his detractors find a way to discredit him for the accomplishments. Yet when ratings fall for a week,(a little or a lot), he is the first one to blame. And for anyone in The WWE to say/insinuate that Russo is out of touch is extremely laughable, especially given what they have done in the last 6 years. Almost as laughable as say drawing a 2.5 rating for a non-holiday, middle of the summer edition of Raw. Oh wait...