TSM Forums
Sign in to follow this  
Hunter's Torn Quad

Bound for Glory taking place in Atlanta

While I know it won't happen I'm kind of hoping for Sting to get the win again making it a yearly tradition for Sting to win the belt at Bound for Glory. Then I'd like to see him do a nice angle with Joe on his way out, since if I'm correct his contract should be coming up again soon. Unless he signs again, which is cool with me.

Why? That's real stupid. Sting's days as being the top guy are, by all intents and purposes, over. The sooner TNA realizes that, the better.

I can see how they justify keeping Sting near the top. He's a good worker, he's very over with the fans, and he's willing to help younger talent. He's one of the few veterans that understands how the elders of the business are meant to act. I could see them keeping Sting strong and near the top, maybe not necessarily ON top, for the next few months/years until he's ready to hang up his boots save for the here-and-there "out of retirement" matches. Then he puts over somebody young who could use the rub.

I can see how they justify keeping Sting near the top. He's a good worker, he's very over with the fans, and he's willing to help younger talent. He's one of the few veterans that understands how the elders of the business are meant to act. I could see them keeping Sting strong and near the top, maybe not necessarily ON top, for the next few months/years until he's ready to hang up his boots save for the here-and-there "out of retirement" matches. Then he puts over somebody young who could use the rub.

Yeah, I really like Sting. He gets a lot of message board hate (though it's more DVDVR than here), but he does what other veterans *cough*Kurt Angle*cough* won't and use his status to elevate others.

See, if he's just putting people over then he's not really the top guy, is he? I agree that it's a good role for him to be a guy that's mixed in between the upper midcard and main event, just to make other people look good. But to be the TOP GUY winning titles at their "signature" pay per view? Not really.

Yeah, I really like Sting. He gets a lot of message board hate (though it's more DVDVR than here), but he does what other veterans *cough*Kurt Angle*cough* won't and use his status to elevate others.

To his credit, it was Angle's idea to give Lethal the rub at the last ppv (the original finish was that Lethal wins via screwjob), and the bookers fucked that one up with having Lethal getting tossed out like a jobber by Samoa Joe just an hour later on the show.

Also, regarding Sting, I feel the same way as Corey, he is an established "top guy" and deserves to be treated as such. If he helps talent get over, thats even better - in fact, thats pretty much a model company employee if you ask me.

Well to be honest I still think a good Sting world title run would be better for TNA than what they are doing with the Angle reign. It's been awhile since TNA had a good babyface champion. I just think TNA does the heel champion way to much. Sometimes it's good to let your top babyface run with the gold rather then have all your babyfaces look like morons against your top heel constantly.

Can't fucking wait for BFG, I'm so psyched! Angle / Sting is probably my last dream match. I don't count the TV match since I never saw it, I heard it wasn't good, and it was just a meaningless throwaway match, but now TNA can redeem themselves with a such great main event being booked.

Monster Balls match update....

Current lineup, according to this weeks WON, is Mesias v. Rhino v. Abyss v. Raven.

-- There will be a 15 Man Reverse Battle Royal at Bound For Glory next month. The final four wrestlers in the ring will then do a four-way match with the winner getting a TNA title shot. Wrestlers scheduled to appear in the match include Chris Harris, James Storm, Black Reign, Sonjay Dutt, Robert Roode, Kaz, Chris Sabin, Alex Shelley, Petey Williams, BG James, and Kip James.

PWI

Looks like if this is the likely lineup that the best the likes of the Guns and Kaz will get is a brawl round the ring at BFG as you would expect Harris, Storm, VKM, Reign and Roode to be the favourites to get to the 4 way if you go by TNA booking.

I'd love to see the final 4 come down to Harris, Storm and two other guys. I'd really like to see AMW team up to take out the other 2 guys so they can kill each other trying to get the title shot. As someone who's watched TNA from the actual bitter beginning...I'd totally mark out for some classic AMW spots followed by them rekindling their feud for such high stakes.

It would RULE...

And thusly I expect to see Junior Fatu pin Robert Roode.

Monster Balls match update....

Current lineup, according to this weeks WON, is Mesias v. Rhino v. Abyss v. Raven.

Not anymore.

It`s Abyss vs. Rhino vs. Raven vs. Black Reign now.

I'd love to see the final 4 come down to Harris, Storm and two other guys. I'd really like to see AMW team up to take out the other 2 guys so they can kill each other trying to get the title shot. As someone who's watched TNA from the actual bitter beginning...I'd totally mark out for some classic AMW spots followed by them rekindling their feud for such high stakes.

It would RULE...

That would be freaking awesome. I enjoyed them as a tag team, but I didn't ever imagine that Storm would be so entertaining on his own.

I live in Atlanta and have tickets to the show, but I thought it was worth mentioning that I've heard NO local advertising for it at all, other than the usual Impact commercials.

To be honest none of the guys in that Reverse Battle Royal are even serious title contenders, at least not to me. Shouldn't Christian vs. Joe be the #1 contender match since those guys are actually upper echelon?

So TNA's big ppv is tonight. Anyone ordering?

I don't watch TNA as much as I used to (very regularly) but I can see Sting and Angle being the selling point, but is there anything great planned for the undercard?

I'm ordering...but then I've ordered every TNA show since like...week 2 of the Wednesday shows.

I always look forward to seeing TNA in front of a new crowd...which makes me excited for tonight.

Sting/Angle intrigues me...mostly because I've ignored the storyline and just looked at it as two big name guys working the main event. That's something that TNA hasn't really ever had. It's always been JJ or Christian who...as much as I like them...weren't really legit main eventers before getting to TNA. Angle main evented WrestleMania...Sting main evented Starrcade... I don't know...it works for me.

Christian/Joe has been really good both times they've done it. It made for a really really good main event earlier this year...and I expect it will deliver big time tonight.

Lethal/Daniels will be good.

I like that they're doing Steiners/3D again here...because I think that you need those matches that the crowd is going to treat like a "Big deal" even if it obviously won't be a classic. And the buildup actually hasn't stunk!

LAX/XXX UX: Yeah I don't know why their doing it...but since UX is TNAs big gimmick match they'll give it time...and that can only be good. Watching Homicide and Senshi beat each other up is fun.

Then there's some weird PacMan stuff, some Monsters Ball and a couple battle royals...

I don't know...they always work hard.

I'll be getting the show for sure, looking forward to it, as it seems like a pretty solid ppv from top to bottom.

I'd love to see the show, I wish TNA had online webcasts like WWE does. Well, actually I think they do but it isn't available to Americans for some reason.

I'll actually try to watch this one, using a stream. I'm not to the point with TNA where I feel like I should actually order (ie, spend actual money on) any of their PPVs just yet.

Some live notes from TNA Bound For Glory, courtesy of Mike Johnson, who is in Atlanta for the event:

- In one of those "believe it or not" moments, the electronic sign outside the building promoted "TNA WRASLING".

- TNA will be using cables for the Ultimate X structure this time around, as opposed to the scaffold setup. The Ultimate X match will open the PPV.

- There is only one entranceway for the wrestlers to come out from (the Impact Zone in Florida has two), with a small rampway.

- There are two large screens set up inside the building.

- Dave Penzer welcomed fans to the show and introduced So Cal Val, who came out with the TNA Championship Belt. It was announced that Val would be coming around to take photos with the fans. They also announced that Dixie Carter was in the crowd to meet with the fans

Mike Johnson, who is live in Atlanta for TNA's Bound For Glory, sent in the following:

- The side of the venue behind the hard camera is darkened, and no fans are being sat there.

- Jeremy Borash came out to the ring to rally the crowd, and went over the list of names that have a history in Atlanta. When he mentioned Pacman Jones, the crowd booed.

- Borash introduced interviewer Crystal, and announced she would be meeting fans at ringside.

- There will be two dark matches on tonight's show, and we will have results shortly.

Mike Johnson, who is live in Atlanta for TNA's Bound For Glory, sent in the following:

The first dark match featured Joey Matthews (aka Joey Mercury) & Johnny Swinger, sporting matching outfits, vs. The Motor City Machineguns (Chris Sabin & Alex Shelley).

The Machineguns played face for the match. At one point, Swinger & Matthews went for the old "Problem Solver" finisher that Swinger & Simon Diamond used in ECW. Shelley got the pin on Matthews after a series of kicks from the Machineguns. Real good opener.

The second dark match was Ms. Brooks vs. a local DJ from Project 96.1 FM. Slick Johnson was the referee. The DJ did some mic work, saying if he won, Brooks had to go back to his hotel room, but if Brooks won, she could have a shot at the "family jewels". So, Brooks kicked the DJ in the groin, hit a DDT and got the pin in about 20 seconds.

Don West and Mike Tenay were then introduced to the crowd.