TSM Forums
Sign in to follow this  
dubq

Sunshine

650917078.jpg

Anyone else see this yet? I'm surprised that it hasn't had a wider release.. only four obscure theatres in all of Toronto are playing it right now...

I went into this movie expecting something good.. what I got was something much more!

This is sci-fi at it's best. Beautifully shot.. flawlessly executed.. not one weak performance from the cast OR crew, IMO.

Simply amazing. Boyle directing and Garland writing just mesh together so well with the product that comes out on-screen. I have to say this is probably one of Cillian Murphy's best performances, that I've seen, and it also really shines a whole new light on Chris Evans as an actor.

Yeah it was at Tyneside Cinema, here in Newcastle, a few months ago.

It was a great film, really enjoyed, the whole story and execution of it was well down and grounded. Was very much a typical British Cinema does Space feel to it.

Can't remember seeing Chris Evans in it though.

Good God do I wanna see this.

Yeah it was at Tyneside Cinema, here in Newcastle, a few months ago.

It was a great film, really enjoyed, the whole story and execution of it was well down and grounded. Was very much a typical British Cinema does Space feel to it.

Can't remember seeing Chris Evans in it though.

Chris Evans, aka Johnny Storm in Fantastic Four - not the British DJ.. incase that's who you might be thinking of. ;)

He played Mace

- the character who dies when trying to get the mainframes back into the cooling tanks.. his leg gets caught and he subsequently freezes and bleeds to death. He was also the main guy against going off the mission by trying to get to Icarus I.

haha yeah that's who I was thinking of, the DJ haha.

Yeah, he was really strong in this film, the whole cast was. Was great storyline to it, something realistic, the ships seemed pretty believable too. Had a slight 'Event Horizon' thing going on near the end, which I didn't mind, but I certinaly did enjoy it.

haha yeah that's who I was thinking of, the DJ haha.

Yeah, he was really strong in this film, the whole cast was. Was great storyline to it, something realistic, the ships seemed pretty believable too. Had a slight 'Event Horizon' thing going on near the end, which I didn't mind, but I certinaly did enjoy it.

I was thinking the same thing, actually. I'm one of the few people that I know who actually likes Event Horizon, so I definitely dug the twist in this flick.

In what sense?

i guess i didnt buy the icarus 1 captain's ability to completely sabotage the mission. he seemed to gain superhero abilities and heightened senses. he had no skin, for goodness sakes! the movie became cheesy at that point.

Wow, I thought this was already out in the states.

Yeah I enjoyed the movie alot. I know people who thought it was boring but personally felt it had been a while since there was a proper sci-fi deep space movie. Not the best film i've ever seen but I would recommend other people to somehow see it.

I saw it twice in the cinema (Once I sneaked into it after 300, the oter time I dragged my girlfriend there). Loved it, but more for the asthetic than the plot. Brilliantly filmed movie.

I think it's out on DVD in the UK shortly for all you Yanks who can't get to see it, although it's a movie that you really need to see on the big screen.

Hot damn, this movie ruled. I dunno if this or The Lookout is my favorite movie of the year so far, right now The Lookout is still ahead, but this is definately up there. I think I would've left off

the part at the very end of the space stuff inside the thing with the bomb, and just given Capa the Slim Pickens sendoff

, but other than that and one really badly delivered line, I can't complain at all.

"What are you trying to remind us of our lost humanity?"

I think I know what inflection the writer was going for, but that is NOT how Evans delivered it. Blech. And he was doing so well, too.

Just a SLIGHT change of inflection would have made it a throwaway line to be forgotten by the time the next scene starts. But instead, it was stuck in my craw for the next few scenes. Bah.

I saw this. I have to say I could have done without the third act.

And I like Event Horizon, I just think using Searle's character in the same vein as Pinbacker and leaving him out all together would have made the film better.

I LOVED 2/3 of the movie. Its just that last act....ugh.