TSM Forums
Sign in to follow this  
OldSchoolWrestling

OAO Raw Thread - July 30, 2007

I hope they have one hell of a dark match planned for that live crowd. Not only was it a pretty bad RAW, but there was a shitty ending to the Booker/Lawler match, and in the other two big matches, Kennedy/Lashley and Carlito/Cena, the heels both won pretty much clean.

That made me have a warm fuzzy feeling. And you could just hear all those poor little girls and kids crying in the back ground.

Bad news is...Carlito will be murdered next week by the dreaded firemans carry takeover off the stage or something.

Obviously Carlito went over so people believe he even has the slightest chance of beating Lashley at Summerslam. Same reason Lashley jobbed clean to Kennedy

You gotta love a Raw where they manage to find time to have both Lawler and Slaughter in matches and yet don't have one of the most over guys on the roster even on the show (Jeff Hardy). Add me to those puzzled as to the lack of Jeff tonight.

I've ranted about this a few other times, but what in the hell is up with WWE constantly bringing back these ultra washed up guys for matches? This is 2007, I should not be seeing Sgt. Slaughter on my TV. Nor Jimmy Snuka. Maybe Dusty to put his son over and use a mic but certainly not in the ring. And as much of an old school Lawler fan as I am, there's no way Booker should be struggling with him if he's going to be feuding with HHH soon.

It is hilarious that Orton is unaminously declared this awesome #1 contender and yet now that I think about it I can't recall him actually beating anyone that could be considered a contender, at least not in a singles match (he did pin Lashley in a tag match). Even since he's done this concussion crap he really hasn't beaten anyone of note. HBK? Match was stopped, Orton didn't actually win and really was likely going to lose had Shawn not passed out before the superkick. RVD? Hell, he JOBBED to Van Dam. Other than that he has beaten up rookies like Cody and old men like Dusty and Slaughter.

Oh wait, Orton did beat Jeff in that GAB beat the clock thing. That is his only singles win over a viable guy on the roster.

For the first time in many weeks I actually enjoyed a match on RAW, two matches to be exact. The Kennedy/Lashley match and Lawler/Booker up until the finish. The last Raw match I thought was decent was Benoit/Lashley from the draft show.

You can PUNT a football a lot further than you can punch it or clothesline it with your arm.*

Thus, Orton's punt = dangerous.

I'd rather get punched in the face or shoved down than someone takes a running kick at my skull. Quit bitching.

________

By the way, what's with Orton fighting with Cena while LAYING ON HIS BACK and swinging like a kitten playing with yarn? Did the fuckhead trip on the ring apron when he was supposed to be distracting Cena? That looked SO bad.

How do you BOTCH getting on the ring apron?

You can PUNT a football a lot further than you can punch it or clothesline it with your arm.*

Thus, Orton's punt = dangerous.

I'd rather get punched in the face or shoved down than someone takes a running kick at my skull. Quit bitching.

Agreed. Isn't that kick illegal during a match anyways? I seem to remember hearing somewhere that using the points of your boots was against the rules which is why wrestlers stomp with the bottom of their foot.

By the way, what's with Orton fighting with Cena while LAYING ON HIS BACK and swinging like a kitten playing with yarn? Did the fuckhead trip on the ring apron when he was supposed to be distracting Cena? That looked SO bad.

That's funny. My girlfriend and I where thinking the kitten thing too.

Cena did run into him...

I'm so suprised that not only Carlito won a match, but Kennedy won one too! Over the two top faces (before HHH comes back) no less.

But does anyone get this sinking feeling that Cena will be beaten from now up untill Summerslam by Randy and friends only to "overcome the odds" in their match?

I'm thinking he got up on the apron, but ducked down when Cena came after him, only the camera didn't catch him until he had already ducked.

I'm thinking he got up on the apron, but ducked down when Cena came after him, only the camera didn't catch him until he had already ducked.

Yeah. The replay showed that Orton was just trying to catch Cena's attention and not actually attack him.

Two weeks ago, RAW ends with Cena getting RKOd. This week, RAW ends with Carlito spitting an apple on Cena. As shitty as RAW can be, atleast I'm enjoying the last 5 minutes as of late.

Good point. As a Cena hater myself, I've enjoyed the last two Raw endings. Plus I'm really hoping they follow through and job him to Orton at Summerslam. I know some of you are saying WWE will do that, but it's by no means a foregone conclusion. Orton has been built really well lately, so it would obviously make sense, but that doesn't mean WWE will do it. I just hope they do.

Where exactly can anyone or anything go if Orton doesn't win the title? There's no one viable left to challenge Cena, particularly with Kennedy buried since he's been on Raw (though perhaps the win over Lashley can get him back on track a bit). Still, would anyone think Kennedy could beat Cena if Lashley and Orton couldn't? Besides, HHH is going to need his job bitch Orton to beat for the title when he returns.

Maybe they will wait until Dec. to give Orton a title win and set him up to job out at WM to HHH. Make him Jericho the Jobber II.

You know what I found hilarious? During the opening of Raw Cena mentioned the various guys who have attacked him before a PPV (Lashley, Orton, Khali, etc.). He actually critiqued the ultra stale and formulaic booking of his own feuds. You can add Michaels to that as well, although that was a bit more subtle. Van Dam attacked him last year as well.

Further, Cena losing all these non title matches just to retain at a PPV is getting old. He has lost to Khali, HBK, and now Carlito in non title matches, probably a few more I'm forgetting.

I thought Raw was competently booked and was an ok show. I was surprised to see Lashley job to Kennedy but was happy to see it. I suspected he must have a legit injury and sure enough that's what's being reported.

On another note, and I won't name name's because that's not how I roll, but someone in this thread sure was making an effort to break from the pack in terms of being totally annoying and worthless to the board.

On another note, and I won't name name's because that's not how I roll, but someone in this thread sure was making an effort to break from the pack in terms of being totally annoying and worthless to the board.

Ok,I'm not gonna step on any toes. @ Site Administrator:you can delete my account,I won't be back.

:)

Ok,I'm not gonna step on any toes. @ Site Administrator:you can delete my account,I won't be back.

:)

I'll be honest kid, I didn't even notice you.

I actually find it rather funny how WWE has finally managed to make me WANT Orton to win a match. Wasn't there a rumor going around about a month ago that HHH had personally requested Orton win the title at Summerslam, and remain untouchable until his return? All is coming to pass, so far.

Guest KCC

Holy...fuck

Raw on Monday night did a 2.5 rating (not a typo) with a 1.83 in males 18-49, a 1.99 in males 18-34, and 3.4 million viewers. Lowest Raw ratings since moving to USA, and the demo levels were 1/2 point lower than the previous lowest. Expect complete insanity.

http://www.f4wonline.com/content/view/3962/105/

Holy...fuck

Raw on Monday night did a 2.5 rating (not a typo) with a 1.83 in males 18-49, a 1.99 in males 18-34, and 3.4 million viewers. Lowest Raw ratings since moving to USA, and the demo levels were 1/2 point lower than the previous lowest. Expect complete insanity.

http://www.f4wonline.com/content/view/3962/105/

I didn't even watch RAW. Nothing about the show intrigued me one bit. I'm more into ECW than RAW.