TSM Forums
Sign in to follow this  
Enigma

Jeff Hardy suspended for 30 days

Jeff Hardy may be done with WWE. Hardy wasn't at RAW last night and there's concern within WWE that he won't be back for SummerSlam and that he might not be back at all. His program with Umaga was scrapped and Umaga was turned babyface on RAW. More details are coming.

-- PWI

Fuck, again? He looked fairly on track recently.

I'm blaming his career. His body cannot do it anymore. The guy can barely make it to the ring without looking winded, his move set and his ladder matches have probably left his back in horrible shape and odds are even he knows that he goes forward with the Umaga feud that they will expect him to get hurled around like a rag doll which will lead him back to painkillers to keep going.

Jeff needs to walk away. His style and now rapidly aging body does not work for the WWE schedule anymore. Too much punishment for so little days off between. He's better off just calling it quits and go do something else.

I wonder if Matt has got any text messages about his dogs or physical address yet...

</obvious Benoit reference before anyone else>

I wonder if Matt has got any text messages about his dogs or physical address yet...

</obvious Benoit reference before anyone else>

You know, I can actually laugh at that now.

Whether that makes me a heartless jackal or not...

I was really down on the guy by the end of 2002 and was glad to see him go in 2003. His work and attitude in TNA didn't help my view on him at all, but he seemed to be working really hard this run - I was JUST having the "Jeff has been working really hard" conversation with a friend last night. He was having good matches and was actually becoming a highlight of Raw. This is quite unfortunate.

On that note, at least he made it a year (or just about). When he was re-hired in 2006 I figured he'd be gone by the end of the year.

If WWE releases him now, then Jeff may still be able to get snatched up by TNA in time to no-show Bound For Glory. :lol:

If Jeff is done with WWE, he'll probably get a call from TNA about thirty seconds after his release.

son of a bitch, this sucks. What on earth would cause him to be in this much trouble? Someone mentioned legal troubles maybe but whatever it is, it must be pretty damn serious. Just when you think things couldn't get worse for wwe, something else happens. 2007 is the year from hell for the wwe.

I'm disappointed that we probably won't get to see the finish to the Jeff-Umaga feud. Their match at GAB was surprisingly decent, and last week's Raw had me looking forward to a No DQ match between them. But, yeah, sucks that he might not be back. He was really consistant during this run.

Guest joshtothemaxx

Man the WWE is getting fucked over hard lately with all these talents getting injured, quitting, or dying.

Maybe his ego got the best of him... Maybe he wanted to be WWE Champion already?

Sure the Drugs play a BIG factor and im not surprised if thats the case...

Jeff took a pretty sick bump on the back of his head last week when he blew that spot in the corner. Maybe after that he finally said "fuck this."

I don't want him to leave really - his matches keep me watching RAW, and he has inspired my rommate to bust out her version of his seizure intro dance!

Son of a bitch dammit that sucks. Jeff has been on his A-Game ever since he returned last year, and has looked like a million bucks in the ring ever since. I hope he's able to work through whatever is going on with him, and come back.

Q&A with Jeff is on WWE.com's front page. He's a weird dude.

This month, the reckless rogue, Jeff Hardy, dives into our mailbag to answer your high-flying questions:

Out of all the ladder matches in WWE history, including the ones you’ve participated in, which is your favorite?

MONTGOMERY GAINES, BAKERSFIELD, CA

The TLC match from SummerSlam 2000. It was in Raleigh, NC, so it was great to be in front of a hometown crowd. It was the first time that anyone had ever hung from the rings that the belts were also hanging from. That was just totally awesome.

You and your brother have tangled with Cade & Murdoch a bunch of times; I’m curious—does that redneck Trevor Murdoch smell as bad

as he looks?

JOHNNY O., LOS ANGELES, CA

Actually, he doesn’t smell that bad—it’s the dip he chews that stinks. You can always tell when Trevor’s about to walk into a room, because you’ll get a whiff of that rank dip smell.

Like you, I paint my fingernails. And I take a lot of crap for it. Anyone ever get on your case about it?

N. TISCHLER, DES MOINES, IA

Actually, I can’t remember the last time anyone ripped on me about my nails. I think people are pretty used to it by now. Back in the day, when Matt and I first started in the business, I wasn’t allowed to wear polish on TV. But, when we started the whole Brood thing, I got cleared and have been doing it ever since. It has definitely grown on my dad, along with my crazy hair and all that stuff. I think the nail polish is the least of his worries.

Regarding your dancing on the entrance ramp—is that a mild seizure or something?

PAUL K., VIA E-MAIL

It is a mild seizure. Actually, I got it from Michael Hayes. I’ve modified it a little bit to fit my own style, but it was a Freebirds thing. Michael Hayes used to do the wrist flick and the hip motion before he’d tag his partner. Mine would be considered a little more contemporary, but it’s rooted in the old-school Freebirds.

Now that the dust has settled, what, if anything, do you have to say to Lita?

JEREMY S., BEND, OR

You’re right, stuff has settled down. We actually went to see her in a play she was doing in Atlanta, which was really cool. It was sort of comedy, mixed with horror, and all these guys dressed like ghouls and demons. She’s also been busy with her band and stuff. Honestly, I’d wish her nothing but the best right now.

I know you’re in a band, but I don’t know where to get any of your stuff. Where can I download your jams?

KENNETH B., VIA E-MAIL

Our band, Peroxwhy?gen, has a MySpace site. Check out myspace.com/peroxwhygenrocks; we’ve got a few demo tracks on there. Some of the recording is pretty rough, but you’ll get an idea of what we’re all about. With my schedule, it’s tough to put time into the music, but I try to whenever I can.

How much physical pain are you in when you wake up every morning?

TIFFANY R., FORT MYERS, FL

I’m always sore, but it’s not too bad. More than anything, my elbows, lower back, and my ankles hurt the most. If I don’t tape my ankles before I wrestle, my feet feel like they’re going to fall off. I’ve got bone chips in my elbows, which prevent them from moving a lot, and I was told that I have tendonitis in my right elbow, so I have to wear a pad all the time. I’ve been pretty lucky, though, because I haven’t had any major, career-threatening injuries to keep me out of action for a long time.

How the heck do you shave your wicked beard? Do you have some sort of magic razor?

DAVEY J., TRENTON, NJ

Actually, I just use a regular ol’ straight razor. If my beard has grown really long, I’ll shave it down with an electric razor first. The whole process can take me up to 45 minutes. I end up going through a lot of shaving cream, and I use Aqua Velva afterwards to keep my skin from drying out.

You once wore plaid and daisy tights to the ring. Ever get embarrassed when you see old pix?

WE_DON’T_NEED_ROADS, VIA E-MAIL

We wore them to stand out. Matt and I were influenced by the Rockers, and they used to wear some crazy stuff. The yellow daisy tights were my favorite. Matt sewed every pair, too. We wanted to make people remember us, not just for our wrestling ability, but for everything else, too.

If you were an American Gladiator, what would your name be?

MIKEY MIKE, TOPEKA, KS

Biruster. The statues I make out of aluminum are called Aluminummies. They’re like the Autobots. Their Decepticon-like enemies are called Birusters…because they can make the Aluminummies rust. I’d set up at the end of the Eliminator, and destroy the contenders when they tried crossing the finish line.

You risk life and limb by jumping from insane heights. Which fall has hurt the absolute worst?

gr8_bluedini, via e-mail

When SmackDown first debuted, I had a match with RVD. Toward the end, I jumped off a 14-foot ladder onto a table and it just exploded. That was, by far, the worst hit I’ve ever taken. I got the wind knocked out of me, and I was unconscious for a few seconds. They actually had to stop the match because I was in such bad shape.

I read that Vanilla Ice was a big influence on you growing up. Did you prefer the ninja rap era Ice, or the Cypress Hill-era Ice?

DAVID CHRISTOPHER, AGOURA HILLS, CA

Ninja Rap. He really was a big influence on my style, especially the way he danced. I always thought he was a really great dancer, and he motivated me to want to learn how to dance. I’d really like to meet him. I caught a few of The Surreal Life episodes he’s been on, where he freaks out and destroys the set. We could do some damage together for sure.

Got a burning question? In the coming months we’ll be sorting through fan mail for Maria, Matt Striker and Johnny Nitro. Send your query to [email protected] (with the subject line, “Cash for Questions”), or send it the hard way! (Snail it to: WWE Magazine, 1241 E. Main St., Stamford, CT 06902.) If it doesn’t suck, we’ll print it—and send you 20 bucks in cold, hard spendin’ cash.

The above article can also be found in the August edition of WWE Magazine. Pick up your copy on newsstands today. Or subscribe to WWE Magazine.

yeah, who honestly didn't see Jeff Hardy going home happening?

I don't know how reliable the information is, but over at The Hardy Show forum, people that personally know Matt and Jeff Hardy are saying that Jeff is hurt pretty bad, and it possibly has something to do with that sick botch that he took last week on RAW against Ken Kennedy.

PWInsider did a brief update saying that he didn't no show but did give notice that he wouldn't be at Raw last night. Still nothing concrete as far as what exactly is going on.