TSM Forums
Sign in to follow this  
DrVenkman PhD

WWE 24/7 Discussion Thread - August 2007

Guest bp2007
I used to have 24/7 Online but stopped using it when matches became repetitive.

I'm not a fan of any VOD service as Comcast near me sucks.

I went on 24/7 Online and saw videos like "JR's Pick, Hot-Beds, History of the Intercontinental Title" and they are drawing my attention. Has anybody else watched these programs and could tell me how they are? I know $4 doesn't seem like a lot but I give a lot of my money to WWE as it is that I don't know if I should give them anymore.

The first part of History of the Intercontinental Title was awesome. Patterson defending against DeNucci (eh), the complete Patera title win over Patterson (awesome), and Morales defending against Slaughter (short but good). Part 2 on 8/15 is supposed to cover the Morales-Muraco feud.

JRs pick last month was HBK vs. Vince from Mania and thus far has been hit or miss.

Wrestling Hot Beds has great potential. North Carolina this month, so it's the Hardys' first title win from 1999, Flair-Rock from 2002, Helms-Matt Hardy from No Mercy 2006 (the best of this show), and Flair-Vader from Starrcade 93.

Hopefully the selection improves when this summer skin shit stops.

Very cool. I think I'm going to re-invest in it. Any word on the "Surprise" they said would only be available on 24/7 Online in September?

The Old-School month seems interesting as long as it doesn't show all videos I've seen before.

Thanks for the help!

Guest flairfan

i never got this weeks updates. I emailed 24/7 tech support five times, with no results. Thus I have filed a claim on WWE at the Better Business Bureau. Its just not right to make someone pay for content you dont provide.

Guest flairfan
Actually, except for the automatic reply, I don't think WWE ever answers to (or even read) emails.

Which is another reason we shouldnt stand for their crap. The BBB is the way to fight stuff like that.

you know the malenko-dragon match from the current mnw (2/24/97) is damn good. it had a dq finish bu tit made sense, as Malenko was really pissed at losing the CW title due to Eddies mistake. he spent the whole match beating on Dragon and at the end got dqd for refusing to break in the ropes poudning on his head. but still a classic match for Nitro (and as usual the announce team was too busy talking about Hogan and nWo thats what made wcw so big at the time, they had so much talent in the mid-card roster.

Actually, except for the automatic reply, I don't think WWE ever answers to (or even read) emails.

Which is another reason we shouldnt stand for their crap. The BBB is the way to fight stuff like that.

I'd check on your cable company first. Why do I get my updates and you don't?

Guest flairfan

I'd check on your cable company first. Why do I get my updates and you don't?

I have contacted my cable company and they said it was WWEs fault and they do not load the content. They practically laughed in my face.

However check this. THE BBB got WWEs tail moving. Check this email:

We have received your message regarding the missing content on your system and have contacted your cable operator and have asked them to correct the problem.

We will let you know when we hear back from them.

Please feel free to contact me directly should you continue to have issues with your WWE 24/7 service.

Thanks very much.

Jim Brown

Left me his direct email and his phone number!!

Guess what.? I turned on my wwe and the new programs where there as they should be!!

Now thats how its done..

The Rockers/Rougeaus match from the 6/89 arena show is fantastic. I'm not sure I've ever seen the face in peril thing go on as long as it did here, but it involved the right teams to keep it from getting to monotonous. Props to Shawn for overselling every above-average spot, too. The Rougeaus were a terribly underrated heel team. Jacques especially was such a natural heel.

I watched Flair vs JYD today (taking full advantage of being able to not pay attention since I have a digital box in my computer room now). Barry Windham looked very SCSA-ish during his run in with the black boots, tights, and leather vest. Also, the big drawing of Flair they put on screen before the match rocked it.

I got all of the stuff it said on the Sunflower Broadband web site, except I got Monday Night War's instead of the Ric Flair And The Four Horsemen DVD.

I really need to invest in a DVD recorder. I'm not the kind who can sit and watch a two or three-hour show in one sitting. With the selections, I'm usually having to pass over at least a couple programs I'd like to watch, but just don't have the time for.

The Monday Night Wars discussion is a must see. It quickly turns into the "Let's gang up on Eric Bischoff" show, and to be honest, Bischoff does an amazing job of defending his actions. You'll see a couple of times, though, where Bischoff looks as if he is ready to punch Michael Hayes for what Hayes is rambling on about. The talk on Montreal is also very interesting, especially when Lawler raises the question on whether or not Hart and McMahon had planned it all along.

The problem with it, though, is that it doesn't cover a lot of stuff even with a 97 minute run time. The emphasis on the program is how Eric Bischoff ran WCW and his strategy with Nitro, and mostly Hayes doing a lot of bitching about how WCW was trying to put WWE out of business. We get very little in regards to the WWE's plight, especially the role Steve Austin and Mr. McMahon played in the turn around (Which, to me, is one of the key reasons Raw took over the ratings war).

Still, it's quite fascinating to watch. Bischoff does a lot of talking, and Hayes does a lot of interrupting. Lawler doesn't say a whole lot, while Ross throws some jabs here and there. Foley, though, does get pretty heated when the whole situation about Bischoff giving away the title change comes up. I found it interesting that Foley brings up the fact Nitro was live in the Georgia Dome while Raw was taped from Worcester, and how Nitro should have destroyed Raw that night. They even play clips of Nitro leading up to the "Finger Poke of Doom", but they don't mention it, even though many see it as the point of no return for WCW.

Another interesting thing to watch is how the WWE had to find footage of just Malenko, Guererro, and Saturn together without "You Know Who" in regards to talking about their jump.

I have everything (and it all arrived quickly) except the Legends show, which I had no idea was even coming out. But Cogeco here never has those in first run (on top of not having recent PPVs or PYBOs in the Big Ones section). Maybe I should send of a letter to the BBB.

Guest WWE247FanaticSeries

Hi! Before Summerslam '97 Pt. 1 was HBK over-selling the big boot! Never thought they would show it!

I have everything, but Horsemen DVD. That is actually fine, I love how they should the shows leading up to the two pay per view's they showed this month.

Everyone must watch Funk vs Candido in Shorties.

Just Classic shitty WCW.

Tony - "The horse with one of the biggest highspots of the night!"

Tony - "I'm Mike Tenay"

The Horsemen DVD is edited. When it comes to mid-90's WCW and Pillman joined the Horsemen, they say something like "We were riding once again" and then wham, we go straight to the conclusion.

Seriously.

Wow, that Raw sure had a lot of non-conclusive finshes. Still some fun nostalgia, though, and the missed a WWF mute. I liked the sign "The Man Vince Jobs Vader".

Also, Sting's helicopter entrance in that shortie is pretty cool but seems like a big waste of money for such a crappy match with no finish.

The Monday Night Wars discussion is a must see. It quickly turns into the "Let's gang up on Eric Bischoff" show, and to be honest, Bischoff does an amazing job of defending his actions. You'll see a couple of times, though, where Bischoff looks as if he is ready to punch Michael Hayes for what Hayes is rambling on about. The talk on Montreal is also very interesting, especially when Lawler raises the question on whether or not Hart and McMahon had planned it all along.

The problem with it, though, is that it doesn't cover a lot of stuff even with a 97 minute run time. The emphasis on the program is how Eric Bischoff ran WCW and his strategy with Nitro, and mostly Hayes doing a lot of bitching about how WCW was trying to put WWE out of business. We get very little in regards to the WWE's plight, especially the role Steve Austin and Mr. McMahon played in the turn around (Which, to me, is one of the key reasons Raw took over the ratings war).

Still, it's quite fascinating to watch. Bischoff does a lot of talking, and Hayes does a lot of interrupting. Lawler doesn't say a whole lot, while Ross throws some jabs here and there. Foley, though, does get pretty heated when the whole situation about Bischoff giving away the title change comes up. I found it interesting that Foley brings up the fact Nitro was live in the Georgia Dome while Raw was taped from Worcester, and how Nitro should have destroyed Raw that night. They even play clips of Nitro leading up to the "Finger Poke of Doom", but they don't mention it, even though many see it as the point of no return for WCW.

Another interesting thing to watch is how the WWE had to find footage of just Malenko, Guererro, and Saturn together without "You Know Who" in regards to talking about their jump.

I agree with a lot of what you say, but I think you failed to mention that Michael Hayes also gives Bischoff ALOT of props on several subjects, and even numerous times says he would do the same exact thing and doesn't blame him for some of the things he did.

I feel the need to mention this anytime I watch SummerSlam 97:

- The opening video package, "If life were fair...", is several kinds of awesome.

- Sunny looks super hot in her silly segment with Todd Pettengill.

The Horsemen DVD is edited. When it comes to mid-90's WCW and Pillman joined the Horsemen, they say something like "We were riding once again" and then wham, we go straight to the conclusion.

Seriously.

wow..i know what Benoit did was wrong, but is this really fair to many of the superstars especially legends like Flair and Arn

I agree with a lot of what you say, but I think you failed to mention that Michael Hayes also gives Bischoff ALOT of props on several subjects, and even numerous times says he would do the same exact thing and doesn't blame him for some of the things he did.

Agreed.

Guest WWE247FanaticSeries

I marked when I heard JR say "WWF", and I rewinded it so I could see if I was just imagining it, but I wasn't!

The Legends show is certainly must see but man it pissed me off a few times. What was with JR's mean spirited crack at the British Bulldog along the lines of "Honestly, how many times can we repackage The British Bulldog?" as if to belittle his career. Hey asshole, it wasn't MY idea to turn the guy heel in heatless fashion in late 1995. Shit, unlike 80% of the Attitude Era roster at least the Bulldog could actually WORK. The WWF had no desire to get rid of the Bulldog after Montreal, he would have stayed on the roster like Owen had he not paid 6 figures to get out of his deal out of loyalty to Bret. That line pissed me off from JR. Having guys that could actually work wasn't a high priority in 1998-99 though.

Bischoff had a few lying gems as well. Stuff like Raw doing ratings in the 4s and Nitro in the 2s in the early half of 2000 when he and Russo came back. Yeah right...Raw was doing mid 6 ratings and even as high as 7.4 at the peak of Rock vs. HHH. I also found Bischoff full of shit when he said the Foley trashing on the Jan. 4, 1999 Nitro wasn't personal. Let's say Ken Shamrock won the title from The Rock on that show, or HHH, or whoever. Do you seriously think WCW would go out of their way to trash those guys? It was specifically because it was Foley that won, a guy Bischoff cast aside and scoffed at as a main eventer.

As an aside isn't it ironic that all of the guys badmouthed Bischoff over the Foley comments, yet JR denigrated the Bulldog on this show in somewhat similar fashion?

I have no idea why Foley would believe that WCW's live Nitro from the Georgia Dome should have beaten the taped Raw with his title win. The irony is that WCW's ratings did actually improve from the previous week (5.0 from a 4.6), it's just that Raw went from 4.9 to a 5.7 for the title change. Also, Foley has a bizarre way of not mentioning just how that Nitro actually ended. To me, the part that offended me most was the juxtaposition of the Fingerpoke bullshit alongside Foley's emotional title win. Imagine Schiavone saying the stuff he did about Foley knowing that WCW was going to do THAT in the main event.

The Legends show is certainly must see but man it pissed me off a few times. What was with JR's mean spirited crack at the British Bulldog along the lines of "Honestly, how many times can we repackage The British Bulldog?" as if to belittle his career. Hey asshole, it wasn't MY idea to turn the guy heel in heatless fashion in late 1995. Shit, unlike 80% of the Attitude Era roster at least the Bulldog could actually WORK. The WWF had no desire to get rid of the Bulldog after Montreal, he would have stayed on the roster like Owen had he not paid 6 figures to get out of his deal out of loyalty to Bret. That line pissed me off from JR. Having guys that could actually work wasn't a high priority in 1998-99 though.

Bischoff had a few lying gems as well. Stuff like Raw doing ratings in the 4s and Nitro in the 2s in the early half of 2000 when he and Russo came back. Yeah right...Raw was doing mid 6 ratings and even as high as 7.4 at the peak of Rock vs. HHH. I also found Bischoff full of shit when he said the Foley trashing on the Jan. 4, 1999 Nitro wasn't personal. Let's say Ken Shamrock won the title from The Rock on that show, or HHH, or whoever. Do you seriously think WCW would go out of their way to trash those guys? It was specifically because it was Foley that won, a guy Bischoff cast aside and scoffed at as a main eventer.

As an aside isn't it ironic that all of the guys badmouthed Bischoff over the Foley comments, yet JR denigrated the Bulldog on this show in somewhat similar fashion?

I have no idea why Foley would believe that WCW's live Nitro from the Georgia Dome should have beaten the taped Raw with his title win. The irony is that WCW's ratings did actually improve from the previous week (5.0 from a 4.6), it's just that Raw went from 4.9 to a 5.7 for the title change. Also, Foley has a bizarre way of not mentioning just how that Nitro actually ended. To me, the part that offended me most was the juxtaposition of the Fingerpoke bullshit alongside Foley's emotional title win. Imagine Schiavone saying the stuff he did about Foley knowing that WCW was going to do THAT in the main event.

Without being able to watch the show, I can say Foley makes a similar statement on the MNW DVD (which I re-watched randomly recently, before someone bumped the 3 year old discussion thread in the WWE folder which I found kind of funny) about feeling Nitro should have beat Raw (though I also think he says he felt they made Golbderg look too foolish).

While I'm sure there was SOME level of personal attack on Foley, I'm almost certain Tony would have been directed to give away any taped world title change. And yes, if an unproven main eventer like Shamrock was given the title, a snide remark would still have been made.

I'm with you on what you say, but I think you might be a little bit off on the Bulldog thing. I honestly thin k that JR was referring to the last run the Bulldogd had where he would wear the jeans to wrestle was "bizaaaaaaaaaaaaare" and was placed in the main event scene, even though he couldn't work worth a shit at that point. Bulldog was a very solid worker up until 96 or so, but his last run in WWE was pure garbage and I think that's the shot that JR is making.

In unrelated stuff, I'm watching the Boston Garden show on big Ones from '85' and I'm into the 4th match. You want to talk about a stinker so far? Good lord, I just saw King Tonga, Corporal Kirshner, and David Sammartino win the first 3 matches........in 3 god awful, awkward matches. Talk about your terrible workrate, I can't blame the crowd for being totally silent so far.