TSM Forums
Sign in to follow this  
Hawk 34

ECW 7.31.07

Holy shit...Burke about busted his ass. I totally thought he was going to when I saw that he was going to do a running start...and sure enough he almost did

Guest mqatrombone

Why is it the rest of the WWE seems to have trouble selling, yet these three are doing a good job of it?

Damn that was a nice little match there.

And dead on about the selling. There were a few times where I thought each competitor was really hurt, espcially Burke (and that busted lip def helped) but that was a great match.

Loved Burke's little pissed off flurry.

Nice near falls in the second half of the match and Elija Burke loses to CM Punk for what the 23rd time? But who really cares since they all put on an above average performance.

I think Burke is the best seller in the company right now. I think he will have to be moved to another brand to get a push since he has been fed so much to Punk because of roster limitations. A Burke - Matt Hardy US title feud could be really good.

CM Punk's "Wow that hurt" gotta chuckle outta me

Cause im sure he meant that

I need to go back somehow catch that, I missed it.

It goes perfectly with his "YAHOO!!!" from last week.

If Burke goes to another brand he would be losing to less talented wrestlers making his loses look like the weekly burial at least in ECW he gets some offense in.

Strangely enough I found this show a bit better than Raw, though they seriously need to get Morrison off the mic. Let him practice in front of a mirror or in the back, but he's lethal in front of a crowd.

There were some fun things on this show though. Stevie getting 2 in a row over Thorn was amusing, nice to see him not be a total jobber. Also the main event was quite good, but let's see where they book it from here. Personally here is what I would do:

Punk takes Morrison the full 15 mins. next week, thus earning the title shot at SS. Make it Extreme Rules for the hell of it. And there Punk wins the title. But they should not have Punk simply beat Morrison next week, since they have an avenue to get Punk the title shot without blowing their wad with Punk actually beating him.

Dreamer is someone who seems to work better now than he did at his peak, if that makes sense. As in when he was younger he did these goofy brawls that didn't really show the man could work (recall the Cactus promos on this exact topic, where he bemoaned Tommy for doing hardcore brawling when he should be actually wrestling).

Both Raw and Smackdown writers need to watch ECW to see how well Dusty is booking the wrestlers on his show.

No, no they don't! They'll think Dusty is doing something wrong and I don't want that to happen.

I really enjoyed ECW tonight, I still like how they're using wrestling to help put storylines/feuds over. I also like how they're doing differant things with some of the wrestlers but yet keeping certain wrestlers the same way but just giving them more of that edge. The putting over of Stevie Richards is awesome and it's about fucking time and it's a perfect example of something they're doing differant with someone that really wasn't being used right.

I also like how ECW has quite a few feuds and storylines going.

-Stevie Richards vs Kevin Thorn, which I'm sure is going to go for a few more weeks, unless Stevie gets destoryed next week.

-Big Daddy V w/ Matt Striker vs Boogeyman, V has never looked better even without a shirt. I like Matt Striker more as a manager than I do a wrestler but next time he has a actual match, I probably won't mind as much.

-The Miz Storyline, he's annoying that's it, they're using him as annoying gimmick, it works..DON'T FUCK IT UP DUSTY And...umm other booker guy.

-ECW title, I like how people are actually FIGHTING for a shot at the ECW title. They've been doing a great job of actually building the ECW title back up as something important that wrestlers actually want. Instead of a centerpiece for two guys who are feuding about something OTHER than the ECW championship title.

Both Raw and Smackdown writers need to watch ECW to see how well Dusty is booking the wrestlers on his show.

No, no they don't! They'll think Dusty is doing something wrong and I don't want that to happen.

I really enjoyed ECW tonight, I still like how they're using wrestling to help put storylines/feuds over. I also like how they're doing differant things with some of the wrestlers but yet keeping certain wrestlers the same way but just giving them more of that edge. The putting over of Stevie Richards is awesome and it's about fucking time and it's a perfect example of something they're doing differant with someone that really wasn't being used right.

I also like how ECW has quite a few feuds and storylines going.

-ECW title, I like how people are actually FIGHTING for a shot at the ECW title. They've been doing a great job of actually building the ECW title back up as something important that wrestlers actually want. Instead of a centerpiece for two guys who are feuding about something OTHER than the ECW championship title.

i don't think the ECW title is anywhere near built up yet. to me it has everything to do with the quality of wrestlers in contention for it. back when the brand started it was as strong as the raw and smackdown titles, but that gradually ended after lashley defeated big show. i'd suppose when he-who-must-not-be-named was drafted to ECW he'd bring some of that star power back, but we all know what happened.

when the champion is johnny nitro/morrison, who could be good but isn't yet, and the challengers are c.m. punk who probably is good but hasn't had that star-making moment yet, elijah burke who fits punk's description, and the has-been tommy dreamer, the championship has issues regardless of how the matches look.

there's 20 altogether on the ECW roster. eliminate styles, tazz, RVD, and extreme expose and there's 14 counting cor von, who hasn't been seen in a month and mike knox who hasn't been seen in six. i'm waiting for the angle where dreamer calls sandman and says "ECW needs you back, man", then coach doesn't let him leave and it becomes a battle between sandman's business on RAW and his ECW "family". (I'm gonna let yall figure out how good an angle that could be over spitting an apple in someone's face accidently. in RL that's an accident and you clean up and carlito says he's sorry. when i saw that, i got the impression bobby lashley handles his problems like a delinquent eight-year old, or better yet, you don't spit the apple out in public. i don't think the WWE creative incorparate enough real-world psychology into the writing)

What I want to know is why WO has been so slack in posting up a show report! Things seem to be a bit lacking at Wrestling Observer Headquaters. Da Meltz needs to good slap.

What I want to know is why WO has been so slack in posting up a show report! Things seem to be a bit lacking at Wrestling Observer Headquaters. Da Meltz needs to good slap.

You don't enjoy the fan reviews? I mean hey it's awesome to go to the WO and read stuff where guys act like it's the worst show ever witnessed and make corny jokes.

But I use it to get the results. If you just read through the forum you'll get:

Well that was weird

Did they fuck that up?

Holy Shit! Mark Out Moment!

And I don't know what there talking about and feel left out :(

Whereas, I'll read WO, get the results, and THEN come here to read your reviews and then I understand the hillarious jokes.