TSM Forums
Sign in to follow this  
Mecca

Smackdown Spoilers...

Dark Match:

- Chavo Guerrero LOST to The Unknown Wrestler after a modified Scorpion Death drop, in a dark match. Seriously this was what he was announced as. Unknown had a Gladiator/300 look, and the crowd actually got behind while it was 50-50. Chavo missed a frog splash to give Unknown the opening. His finisher kinda looked like Goldust's finisher

SmackDown! Opener:

- Teddy Long and Kristal announce the wedding will take place on September 21st on SmackDown. Long sweet talks his lady and starts locking lips when Khali interrupts. Khali speaks a ton of gibberish that nobody appreciates and scares Kristal to the back. His translator guy complains that Batista ruined Khali's celebration. Long then announces Batista vs. Khali at Summerslam.

-Kane immediately came out and Khali left the ring (don't know how that will look on TV since there was no staredown).

Kane vs. Chris Masters

Masters comes out for a match versus Kane. Kane immediately came out and Khali left the ring (don't know how that will look on TV since there was no staredown). Masters comes out for a match versus Kane. Masters attempts the Masterlock several times and had an advantage as they enter a rest hold. Messy spot with Masters attempting a swinging neckbreaker. Another resthold and Kane powers out with a suplex. Masters tries to suplex Kane, but Kane reverses it. Sidewalk slam by Kane who then attempts his flying clothesline but masters reverses into a Masterlock. Kane reaches the ropes and hits Masters with a chokeslam for the 1-2-3

Winner: Kane

Deuce & Domino cut a promo on their match against Flair and Batista.

Chuck palumbo promo.

Mark Henry vs. Jobber

Henry dominates with a huge backbreaker, club against the back and bear hug for the quick victory.

Winner: Mark Henry

Afterwards, Henry grabs the mic and says nobody can beat him and shows a clip of him taking out the Undertaker.

Promo for Jessie and Festus about clothing & style.

Matt Hardy vs. MVP - Arm wrestling Match

MVP does the stalling and tapes up his hand before taking the tape off, much to everyone's dismay. They finally lock up with MVP with the early edge. Hardy suddenly comes out with a victory. MVP then says he wasn't ready and challenges Hardy to a match here which Hardy accepts.

Hardy opens up attacking the hand/arm of MVP. Continuous armbars by Hardy. MVP gains the upper hand with a stun gun over the top rope on Matt.

MVP with a modified full Nelson resthold, which Matt reverses with punches. Matt misses an elbow and MVP hits a yakuza kick to send hardy outside. MVP brings Matt back in and applies a front face lock. Then goes back to it after a nearfall.. Matt gets MVP on the top of the rope and hits a superplex. Matt tries a small package for and running bulldog for a nearfall. Matt hits a side effect and 2nd rope legdrop for nearfalls. Matt goes for the twist of fate, but MVP ducks out and leaves the ring, title in hand.

Winner: Matt via countout.

- Deuce looks for Cherry and finds her coming out of Batista's locker room. They leave, but Batista walks to the door and Flair opens up laughing and enjoying himself.

Noble is backstage and is getting teased by Shannon Punk and Funaki.

Promo for Rey Mysterio. Chavo talks about Rey returning to Vickie and Vickie makes Rey vs. Chavo at Summerslam.

Another Chuck Palumbo promo

Shannon Moore vs. Jamie Noble

Noble with the early advantage. Moore gets in some offense before Noble hits his finisher.

Winner: Jamie Noble

After the match, Hornswoggle comes to the ring and runs under it, surprising Noble with a pie to the face and a shot from the fire extinguisher before heading to the back.

Kenny Dykstra (w/ Victoria) vs. Jimmy Wang Yang (w/ Torrie)

Yang got in a hurricanrana and splash to the outside before Kenny got the upper hand. Back and forth action until Yang hits the top rope moonsault for the pin.

Winner: Jimmy Wang Yang

Michelle McCool promo.

Deuce & Domino (w/ Cherry) vs. Flair & Batista

Batista and Deuce open up with Batista having the early advantage. Domino and Flair go in and Domino gets the edge with a running elbow. Flair tags in Batista who gives Deuce a nasty knee to the side. Flair tags in and puts on the figure four on deuce. Domino breaks it up and tags in and gains the offense on flair. Deuce tags in and Flair battles back with chops before getting hit in the face. Domino tags in and applies a rest hold on Flair. Tag back to Deuce. Flair fights back with chops and Deuce applies an arm lock.

Flair fights back against Deuce and Domino. Flair makes the hot tag. Batista hits a spear and black hole slam. Batista sets up a Batista bomb, but Khali comes out. Khali squeezes Flair's head like a grape and leaves as Deuce & Domino beat up batista and leave the ring.

Winners: Ric Flair & Batista

After the show

Batista grabs the mic and tells Khali to come out. Batista tries to gain the upper hand, but Khali overpowers him with a clothesline. Khali squeezes the back of Batista's neck as the crowd rallies behind Batista. Batista hits a spear and spinebuster and Khali heads to the back. Flair runs out and hits Khali from behind with a chair, causing the ref to call a DQ. Flair and Batista then pose for the fans. Ah, the old days of Evolution. Chimel then tells everyone goodbye and that they will return to Phoenix in the future.

- Sources say the wrestler who beat Chavo Guerrero in the ECW dark match last night was none other than Seamus O'Shaunessy. Seamus, who is from Ireland, was rumored to have recently signed a WWE developmental deal. He has the "gladiator" look that was described in the spoiler report and his finisher, The Irish Curse, is basically a Scorpion death drop as described in the spoiler report.

Seamus was described by Jim Ross earlier this year as a "superstar of tomorrow."

HOHO! Good for SoS! He's a good wrestler, hopefully he impresses and gets some time on WWE TV.

They have a Brit wrestler under development named Drew Galloway that I was reading someone describe as "100 times better than SoS so why is he getting the look and not Galloway" what do you think of this? I'm gonna guess you know more about both of them than me.

Wow, I heard that SoS was going to be given a chance but I didn't think it would be this quickly. I mean it's a bit of a step up from IWW. Has he even been in OVW?

For those of you who have never seen SoS, he looks like this:

Pose-02.jpg

According to his wiki page, he was also one of the security guards on RAW in Manchester and was pedigreed by HHH.

HOHO! Good for SoS! He's a good wrestler, hopefully he impresses and gets some time on WWE TV.

They have a Brit wrestler under development named Drew Galloway that I was reading someone describe as "100 times better than SoS so why is he getting the look and not Galloway" what do you think of this? I'm gonna guess you know more about both of them than me.

That would be THEE Drew Galloway you're talking about! He's a good talking, has a pretty good look, no idea why he isn't being used yet. Have they got something against his Scottish accent? He's good lad seen him work a few wZw shows.

Is there some unofficial rule that states some members of the SD Six have to wrestle each other every year at Summerslam?

As for the spoilers, I'll probably catch this as other than Kane/Masters it looks pretty solid.

I used to say everytime we saw SoS on IWW, "Could he be anymore Irish?"

They shouldn't have put him in this weird gimmick, he could have been a tag team with Finlay.

Guess he was used as part of the on going 300 pimp WWE are doing, which is a shame. Hopefully that's not the only thing he's been used for.

Drew Galloway should form the Foreign Legion with SoS and someone else, his stable was fun to watch in IWW.

Guest Hasbeen2
I used to say everytime we saw SoS on IWW, "Could he be anymore Irish?"

They shouldn't have put him in this weird gimmick, he could have been a tag team with Finlay.

I'd say they will look at that eventually, if Finley and Hornswaggle aren't moved to Raw to help try and stop the bleeding.

Seems like the natural option on paper. I've read interview with him in the past and he's mentioned how that'd be a dream to tag/work with Finlay. Goes either one of two ways- they let him be himself and tag him with Finlay or they assume having another Irishman will somehow detract from Finlay's gimmick so they'll stick him in something else. Looks like the latter.

Drew was the guy MVP beat during his 'bring out jobbers and say they're champion of their country' phase, when he was feuding with... uh... ya know... right? I believe it was him, IIRC.

Seems like the natural option on paper. I've read interview with him in the past and he's mentioned how that'd be a dream to tag/work with Finlay. Goes either one of two ways- they let him be himself and tag him with Finlay or they assume having another Irishman will somehow detract from Finlay's gimmick so they'll stick him in something else. Looks like the latter.

Drew was the guy MVP beat during his 'bring out jobbers and say they're champion of their country' phase, when he was feuding with... uh... ya know... right? I believe it was him, IIRC.

I believe Roots Genoa is the fellow you're trying to think of.

Wow, thought there were some really nice spots in the Yang/Dykstra match. The reversal of the leg sweep into a leg drop, Dykstra sliding and grabbing Wang's legs when he hit the ropes, the knees during the crossbody, which looked pretty nasty...and I'm always amazed when Kenny gets on the top rope (he just jumps up, without turning around). I enjoyed the match.

Gotta love Victoria now being paired with Kenny considering she is about 36 and he is 21.

What do you expect from WWE Creative? 2 Talents that they have nothing for, so they pair them up for a few weeks and hope for the best, then will forget about them totally. And they wonder why ratings are so bad.

Khali's clawhold on Flair was laughable.

Kane deserves to be a main-event player. They should have continued the three-way feud with him, Batista and Khali after GAB. IMO, it would have been alot more interesting.

Gotta love Victoria now being paired with Kenny considering she is about 36 and he is 21.

What do you expect from WWE Creative? 2 Talents that they have nothing for, so they pair them up for a few weeks and hope for the best, then will forget about them totally. And they wonder why ratings are so bad.

i would say she looks her age. granted it's a hot 36, but you can tell

and here's my main issue with WWE. why are victoria and kenny a team??????? no backstory to it, no backstage segment to explain it or give a reason.

it's like how two out of the five stars of a rating are for the feud leading up to a match.

if jobbers wrestle each other in a five star classic, but with no build and for no reason, no one cares. if it's shawn michaels and john cena culminating a well developed feud, that's what gets the five stars

I believe Roots Genoa is the fellow you're trying to think of.

Took me a minute.

Me too, but I'm no Fire Pro buff.

It's weird how Kenny, while still in basically the same role he had on RAW, actually has a modicum of credibility on Smackdown all of a sudden. How come Smackdown's lower midcarders don't seem like a complete waste of time, like the Duggans and the Vals and the Highlanders (NOT VAL VENIS~!)? Or is it just me? Because I'm really becoming a fan of Kenny's and it's only since he's been on Smackdown.

Wrestlingexposed is claiming that SoS wans't The Unknown:

The superstar that faced Chavo Guerrero at this week’s SmackDown tapings that worked under the name of the “unknown wrestler” was Johnny Stamboli.

Considering the source, take it with a grain of salt.