TSM Forums
Sign in to follow this  
DrVenkman PhD

WWE General Discussion for August 2007

World Wrestling Entertainment has come to terms on the release of Tomasso Whitney as of today, August 9. WWE wishes Tomasso the best in all his future endeavors.

Source: PWInsider.com

- No word yet on how Bobby Lashley's surgery went, but one source says they went in looking for a torn rotator cuff and may have found something else which is serious. Lashley will be out of action for atleast a month, but probably much longer than that. Stay tuned for an official update.

World Wrestling Entertainment has come to terms on the release of Tomasso Whitney as of today, August 9. WWE wishes Tomasso the best in all his future endeavors.

Source: PWInsider.com

Who?

He's not Kozlov, he's a guy they signed from the New England area out of Chaotic wrestling...He was Thomas Penmanship up there.

Who the fuck is Tomasso Whitney?

What I read on him, I think on Rajah, was that his only WWE TV appearance was playing the lawyer for Muhammed Hassan back in 2005. He is from New England and was doing a gimmick similar to Rick Martel's model gimmick in OVW.

Can anyone believe it was EIGHT years ago today, one of the best, if not THE BEST debut in WWE history occured?

You mean Jericho's debut where the Rock buried him big time on the mic and he proceeded to not even feud with Rock but instead with the jobber members of DX (X-Pac, Road Dog)...and not even beat those guys?

And yes, I did enjoy his debut at the time, but in hindsight Jericho did jack shit in the WWF right after he debuted.

Tomasso was a guy in OVW who was doing a goofy shrink type gimmick, getting Justin "The Ox" LaRoche and Charles "The Hammer" Evans to count to 5 and relax before matches. It's hard to forget a guy named Tomasso....he even looked sorta like Harpo Marx.

WWE seems to really be wanting everyone to go see Rush Hour 3 because when I try to go to WWE.com, it doesnt load and all I see is this:

rushhourxq6.jpg

yea i am having that same issue too

Who the fuck is Tomasso Whitney?

What made me laugh was that wrestlingexposed called it "breaking news!"

What I've noticed on wwe.com is that their polls are really weird lately. Last time they asked who had the best finisher, and they put 3 wrestlers on the list and King Leonidas of 300, and now "Who would win in a Four Way Match?" King Xerxes of Persia, Mark Henry, Frank Miller creator of 300 or Kane...... :huh:

You mean Jericho's debut where the Rock buried him big time on the mic and he proceeded to not even feud with Rock but instead with the jobber members of DX (X-Pac, Road Dog)...and not even beat those guys?

And yes, I did enjoy his debut at the time, but in hindsight Jericho did jack shit in the WWF right after he debuted.

I loved his debut but I also liked when Jericho interrupted the Undertaker and Taker dropped that line "I get more shower time then you get ring time, boy."

That cracked me up at the time.

According to my TV preview for Raw this coming Monday, it says that Vince's illegitimate child would be revealed. So much for a long burn.

Source: PWTorch Newsletter

Just when you thought the Mr. McMahon character would be taking an extended period of time away from WWE television - he's back and at the center of a whole new controversy that will have him back on RAW for the next several months.

This past week on RAW, Jonathan Coachman informed Mr. McMahon that he has been served with a paternity suit alleging that he had "sired an illegitimate child".

As previously reported, the paternity suit is scheduled to reveal Mr. Ken Kennedy (..... Kennedy) as Vince's born-out-of-wedlock son. It is still unknown who will play the part of Kennedy's mother.

The on-air revelation that Ken Kennedy is Vince McMahon's son will lelad to a post-Summerslam feud between Mr. Kennedy and the The Game - Triple H. It is expected that Hunter will acknowledge on television for the first time that he is Vince's real life son-in-law. The original post-SummerSlam plans to have Triple H feud with Randy Orton have been changed. Orton will likelly continue his feud with John Cena into the fall.

For those who don't know, "Kennedy" is actually Vince McMahon's middle name. Before Ken Kennedy was called up to WWE from the developmental system, it was Paul Heyman who told Ken to use McMahon's middle name as part of his ring name as a way to endear himself to Vince. The "Kennedy" name connection will be addressed as part of the storyline.

The "illegitimate child" storyline is a direct response to RAW's recent ratings erosion. RAW is in a major slump, drawing tis lowest viewership in close to a decade. Vince considers himself one of the biggest draws in WWE and feels that putting himself in the middle of a major "soap opera" storylines is the best thing to turn business around.

And Brooke Adams says in the latest WWE mag she'd like to pose for Playboy so that will make some of us happy.

And the No Mercy poster...

ortonnomercy.jpg

That "No Mercy" poster isn't half bad. I'm actually digging the evil crippler Orton far more than the "Legend Killer." Giving active talent concussions seems a lot more threatening than beating up old men.

Wow, that picture of Orton is just creepy.

Call me crazy, but this Kennedy-McMahon storyline doesn't sound that horrible. At least it will be something different, and give someone new a chance to get elevated.

So does the return of Vince McMahon mean he survived the limo explosion? Or did they drop that part of the storyline? I knew both were ionterconected before the whole Benoit thing.