TSM Forums
Sign in to follow this  
DrVenkman PhD

WWE General Discussion for August 2007

My experience with WWE is something that can never be replaced. It gave me the opportunity to get a taste of what it's like to live your dream

Translation: "I'm not gonna burn any bridges OH GOD PLEEZ HIRE ME BACK"

I will defiantly not be sitting around waiting for something to happen. I am doing everything in my power since my release to make many opportunities available.

Translation: "I've been on the phone with every indy promoter I can get ahold of, begging for bookings."

My experience with WWE is something that can never be replaced. It gave me the opportunity to get a taste of what it's like to live your dream

Translation: "I'm not gonna burn any bridges OH GOD PLEEZ HIRE ME BACK"

I will defiantly not be sitting around waiting for something to happen. I am doing everything in my power since my release to make many opportunities available.

Translation: "I've been on the phone with every indy promoter I can get ahold of, begging for bookings."

Girls don't beg for bookings. You should know that.

Who the fuck is Shantelle Taylor?

she wrestled Jamie Noble in a dark match and was under a mask. So pretty much no one important.

KING BOOKER SAYS HE'LL QUIT WWE OVER BEING MOVED TO ECW

In a recent interview to promote a show in Akron, Ohio, King Booker said that if he would have been drafted to ECW he would have quit the company. He said that being drafted to RAW was a great thing. Booker also said that he will never wrestle under Booker T again as he feels the King Booker name has really taken off and helped him get to the top.

KING BOOKER SAYS HE'LL QUIT WWE OVER BEING MOVED TO ECW

In a recent interview to promote a show in Akron, Ohio, King Booker said that if he would have been drafted to ECW he would have quit the company. He said that being drafted to RAW was a great thing. Booker also said that he will never wrestle under Booker T again as he feels the King Booker name has really taken off and helped him get to the top.

kayfabe.

I just posted a topic on this in the Movie Forum, but felt I should post it in here too:

Found this on Rajah.com:

Several comic book news websites are reporting that WWE superstar Triple H being considered for the lead role in upcoming "Thor" movie. The Marvel Comics superhero is based on the mythological god of thunder and war.

Unfortunately for Triple H, there is one major obstacle in his way. Director Matthew Vaughn is not happy that a pro wrestler is being considered for the lead role in his biggest project to date. He addressed the rumor of Triple H's involvement in a recent interview. "I'll give you two reasons I dont put much stock in the otherwise very interesting rumor - "Chris" and "Benoit". With wrestling taking its biggest PR hit ever, I would be incredibly surprised if Marvel were to take that big of a risk with Thor."

The Thor character is a comic book superhero and the mythological god of thunder and war. The movie is scheduled for a 2009 release. It is being produced by Marvel Entertainment and will be distributed by Paramount Pictures.

I checked Superherohype.com which is where I rely on for most of my comic movie news and have not seen this. I did find something on Comics2Film.com when trying to research it, but I don't really know that sorce. It could just be a rumor, but if that quote from the rumor is true, that is a dick move by the director. I don't know if I'd want a wrestler as a lead in a movie either for a few reasons, but saying you don't want to cast him because of Chris Benoit is silly. Especially when the movie won't be in theaters until a year or two after the incident occurred.

With wrestling taking its biggest PR hit ever, I would be incredibly surprised if Marvel were to take that big of a risk with Thor.

Yeah, Marvel requires only the most moral and upstanding individuals to star in their movies, like Robert Downey Jr. as the upcoming Iron Man.

Regarding Booker, I don't actually think that was kayfabe at all. Or maybe part of it was about the King gimmick, but I bet he truly feels that way about ECW. Let's face it, since ECW was relaunched take a look at the major draws put on that show and where they are now:

RVD: Busted for pot, depushed and jobbed out, left WWE entirely when his contract was up.

Big Show: Career shortened considerably by being in hardcore matches in ECW, left when his contract was up.

Angle: Spiralled out of control and was injured and/or suspended during his brief ECW run, and then was released soon after.

Benoit: The dude killed his family and hung himself about 2 weeks after being traded to ECW. Some think this is a coincidence. I do not.

So why wouldn't Booker refuse to go to ECW?

Benoit: The dude killed his family and hung himself about 2 weeks after being traded to ECW. Some think this is a coincidence. I do not.

You're not seriously suggesting that Benoit's motivation for killing his family stemmed from being switched to the ECW brand, are you? Please tell me you're not that naive.

So why wouldn't Booker refuse to go to ECW?

Because, with the WWE's lowest ratings and a roster that never makes it past the third match on PPV, everyone on that show tends to make less money?

An interesting note from the latest F4Daily, is that Booker T's new contract, which he has yet to sign, has a stipulation that he would be allowed to sit in on production meetings.

And something funnier, from the latest F4W:

In what they are claiming is a cost-cutting measure, which is hilarious if you take a look at the latest financials, WWE is apparently no longer going to be putting name plates on the championship belts. They're even taking it off the big gold belt that Ric Flair used to wear, which is a tragedy.

But all I can remember is that one interview where Booker "said" he didn't wanna get involved with that side of wrestling. Just wanted to transition into commentary, being a road agent, or trainer.

Guess a lot can change in two years.

Seeing as Booker is running his own promotion now maybe he's decided he wants to do more behind the scenes in general.

I'm half joking about the Benoit/ECW thing. In no way, shape, or form does it rationalize what he did, but it seems like I read somewhere that Benoit was upset about having to go to ECW, feeling it was a demotion and that he was paranoid about being released. I can see Benoit feeling slighted and unhappy with being traded to ECW, and it could be one of the plethora of reasons (unhappy at home, unhappy at work, drugs and roids, who knows what else) why he went off the deep end.

In regards to Booker, the meetings might be interesting if he and HHH keep feuding on TV. Wonder if Booker would try to play some backstage politics of his own?

An interesting note from the latest F4Daily, is that Booker T's new contract, which he has yet to sign, has a stipulation that he would be allowed to sit in on production meetings.

And something funnier, from the latest F4W:

In what they are claiming is a cost-cutting measure, which is hilarious if you take a look at the latest financials, WWE is apparently no longer going to be putting name plates on the championship belts. They're even taking it off the big gold belt that Ric Flair used to wear, which is a tragedy.

You read things like this and it just makes you shake your head. It blows my fucking mind that name plates of all things would even cross someone's mind as a cost cutting measure with a company that large.

The name plate thing to me seems like someone from the inside trying to swerve a dirtsheet. It's just too absurd to be true.

With wrestling taking its biggest PR hit ever, I would be incredibly surprised if Marvel were to take that big of a risk with Thor.

Yeah, Marvel requires only the most moral and upstanding individuals to star in their movies, like Robert Downey Jr. as the upcoming Iron Man.

If "WWE Films" is on the poster or in the trailers then it will bomb.

So Kevin Kelly came into my store the other day. He was a pretty cool guy. I guess he was in town for some kind of convention.

About Booker, I was actually at one of the news site and they had at the bottom for one of those fake news links saying

KING BOOKER SAYS HE'LL QUIT WWE OVER JOBBING TO HHH AT SUMMERSLAM! BREAKING NEWS!

About Benoit, I'm sure he wasn't exactly thrilled about having to go to ECW.

If "WWE Films" is on the poster or in the trailers then it will bomb.

You're absolutely right, except two out of three WWE Films have made a profit.