TSM Forums
Sign in to follow this  
DrVenkman PhD

WWE General Discussion for August 2007

Where does that leave John Cena for WM?

He wins Money in the Bank, or they try to get a legend to put him over.

Better not be the former. Cena doesn't need the rub from winning MITB.

Who exactly is going to have the WWE title going into WM? Is it going to be Kennedy or will HHH beat down Orton soon after SS? It would work better if Kennedy got the title due to the fringe benefits of being Vince's "son" but who knows. You know what it sounds like to me though? Ric Flair handing his son David the US title back in WCW. Yeah, Kennedy is of course a better worker than David (anyone is) but I've seen very little from Kennedy in the ring that screams out main eventer.

And no, Edge isn't beating UT. Edge is little more than a job boy for the WM streak. At least they are getting the belt off Khali at SS most likely. But what does Khali do at that point? Maybe more feuding with UT?

Good thing that D'Lo might be getting resigned, but Sydal? He looks small in ROH, I mean he's billed at 5' 9" but looks 5' 7" or so. I think he's an excellent wrestler with a bag of charisma, but the fact he's so small may really stifle him.

There was that rumor of the WWE wanting a Harry Potter inspired wrestler/gimmick that would call for a small, young looking wrestler...

If the bottom Batista picture would show him screaming or whatever, it would be a total ripoff of the Fable game cover art.

I know I'm four pages too late but :

6bx780x.jpg

=

08_francine_americandad.jpg

+

familyGuy_Meg_single1_72.jpg

Daniel Rodimer, who Stephanie was super high on, has been released according to Bryan Alvarez. It was a mutual decision, and he's going back into real estate.

I wonder if it was Stephanie's decision, and if not, if she fought against it.

If the bottom Batista picture would show him screaming or whatever, it would be a total ripoff of the Fable game cover art.

I know I'm four pages too late but :

6bx780x.jpg

=

08_francine_americandad.jpg

:lol:

+

familyGuy_Meg_single1_72.jpg

Guest Kesh

hey dont know if you guys have heard but some sites (idiotsrunningawebsite.net) have some new information thats up. appearantly the current plan is for Kennedy to be revealed as the kid during a 3 hr raw in october. Steph will be returning full time sometime around there and her and hhhs relationship will be acknowledged. Apparently Shane will be brought back for an inring role, likely kennedys opponent, around the rumble. The current plan is for Triple H to take on Kennedy in Raws title match with all th McMahons playing a role.

On the Smackdown side of things it seems as though Batista will win the strap this sunday, and have a gimmick rematch with Khali at the next ppv. Batista will drop the title to a returning Edge at Survivor Series or Armageddon. Thus setting up Edge vs Taker as Smackdowns Wrestlemania title match.

maybe this is old news but I saw it and I just thought I'd give ya'll a heads up.........

ughhh I do NOT want Kennedy to be the kid.. i feel it would be a huge bomb, especially considering how many stupid obvious hints the audience has been given.

The whole 'con-artist' contingency plan seems like a better idea than 'plan A' does, to be honest.

Guest Macaroni
ughhh I do NOT want Kennedy to be the kid.. i feel it would be a huge bomb, especially considering how many stupid obvious hints the audience has been given.

The whole 'con-artist' contingency plan seems like a better idea than 'plan A' does, to be honest.

I was amazed they had a contingency plan to begin with, let alone a decently thought - out one at that. But yeah, I'd be curious to see what reaction Kennedy would get with the fans if they did go through with him trying to get a piece of the McMahon fortune. Would they cheer for him as the lesser of two evils?

Daniel Rodimer being released makes me very happy. Im glad I never have to see him get a super push on TV after that crappy performance he gave at the house show I saw him on.

So basically the plan is for HHH to return and pedigree his way through all the new heels that are still unestablished as even mildly worthwhile heels on RAW to begin with?

Both plan A and plan B sound like Plan C for RAW. With Plan C being they have zero credible heels again since they will have all been destroyed by HHH.

Is it just me, or does anyone else think they are running out of steam and should reveal Vince's child already? My brothers are marks, and after MSG they knew that Kennedy was gonna be his son, so they are just waiting for the reveal. Wouldn't it be pushing if for them to wait until October? I don't know how many more skits they can run with this, so how much longer can this last?

Does anybody remember the name of the Tag Team of Lance Cade/Trevor Murdoch, for awhile they were called something like the Texas Rednecks? I heard them called the Redneck Wrecking Crew recentlybut ,does anybody remember the other name, they called them a couple of times around September 2006?

Do you know what bugs me about Taz's commentary? Apart from the fact that it's not very good? His main commentary skill is just to say a signature move really excitedly followed by the words, "here we go!"

"F-U HERE WE GO!"

"CHOKESLAM HERE WE GO!"

etc etc

I just find it bugging, like the way Don West "right there" after every sentance describing a move/angle/situation

Not true, I think JBL is an excellent colour commentator.

I'm not much of a fan of Jerome, but I used to think he was great when he was a heel, he's a lame face.

JBL: Good night sweet prince...

Every announcer has an annoying catch phrase, even the best ones.

JBL: Good night sweet prince...

But thats not all he has, my point was that is all Taz brings to the table.

Does anybody remember the name of the Tag Team of Lance Cade/Trevor Murdoch, for awhile they were called something like the Texas Rednecks? I heard them called the Redneck Wrecking Crew recentlybut ,does anybody remember the other name, they called them a couple of times around September 2006?

Was it the West Texas Rednecks?

I only like Taz when he's with Cole, because he picks on him... and I really have never liked Cole. But honestly, JBL does a better job of being the heel announcer on all fronts, so take that as you will.

Thank god Rodimer got released. Having been subjected to his horrendous OVW work I can tell you the guy is all "the look" with zero talent. Couldn't work a lick, no charisma, even less mic skills. He scared me quite honestly because he's the exact muscular bum that WWE would sign and push on Raw regardless of his lack of talent.

Guest shrevedude

Poll: If you wanted to show a wrestling novice what putting on a good wrestling match is all about, which Chris Benoit match would you choose?

Oh yeah. When you've doing live commentary on a match, it's easy to fall into a pattern and say the same stuff. When I was doing play by play, I had this annoying tendency to say "One, two, NO!" every time there was a near fall.