TSM Forums
Sign in to follow this  
Enigma

oAo Monday Night Raw Thread -- 8/6/2007

Damn..I was hoping we wouldn't have to see him for quite a long time. Why can't he just stay off the fucking show and not take up time that could be made for building up actual wrestlers? what a fucking egomaniac.

Could it not be his disappearance from our screens that has caused the ratings to go down? I personally find Vince McMahon pretty entertaining, I'll admit that he needs refresh himself and style of feud he puts himself into, but overall he's a really entertaining guy. It must be embarrassing for some of the roster to have a 60 year old guy be more entertaining and do more outrageous things for the company then they do.

I seriously doubt that. Considering the lack of compelling storylines and the Benoit stuff, it would take some really warped thinking to think its only because Mcmahon hasn't been on tv. Of course that probably means Mcmahon and his yes men think thats the case. Everything that can possibly be done with the Mcmahon character has been done so anything they try with him will just be a rehash of the same old crap.

I think it was scherer over at pwi, that said he wonders if there was some sort of error that caused such a huge drop from the 3.4 to the 2.5 in just one week and I have to wonder that also. It does seem rather bizarre that the ratings would drop that much in just one week for no real apparent reason. The bad news is, if that was the case...and the rating goes back to the mid 3's or even low 3's this coming monday, guess who is going to take credit for it? Mr. "I push myself more than anyone else on the roster" Mcmahon.

Those on the roster probably aren't embarrassed, they are probably frustrated. Because if Mcmahon cared as much about them and pushed them as much as he cares about pushing himself, they would be a lot more entertaining than they are.

I would honestly rather see stephanie mcmahon out there than him at this point.

And lo and behold, I just saw Downhome posted this in the raw thread

I have heard from two sources that Nielsen has contacted a number of programmers and said that there was a problem (glitch) in Monday's ratings, as I suspected may be the case. I am not sure what the extent of it is, but as I said yesterday, I wouldn't be shocked to find out that there was a problem since the drop was so huge. I have heard that Nielsen has contacted WWE about it but with the three straight weeks of 3.4s for Raw prior to this week, WWE does realize that there is a real problem with the make up of their shows and are working on doing what they can to fix them, regardless of whether there was a big drop on Monday or not.

Could it not be his disappearance from our screens that has caused the ratings to go down?

You seriously think that Vince not being on TV is more likely to cause a huge drop in ratings than one of their top stars snapping and killing everyone near him?

Could it not be his disappearance from our screens that has caused the ratings to go down?

You seriously think that Vince not being on TV is more likely to cause a huge drop in ratings than one of their top stars snapping and killing everyone near him?

It wasn't a serious suggestion, just throwing it out there. I thought I was in the WWE Booking Office for a while, I slipped into Brown Nose mode. But aye, on further reflection, I retract my statement. Haha.

It's so sad that WWE is deluded enough to believe that Vince is, or ever was, a ratings draw in any way whatsoever. I was hoping he would stay off-screen forever, especially after WWE had to drop the stupid death angle.

It's so sad that WWE is deluded enough to believe that Vince is, or ever was, a ratings draw in any way whatsoever. I was hoping he would stay off-screen forever, especially after WWE had to drop the stupid death angle.

It's so sad that you can't admit that he was at one time. Agreed, though, he shouldn't be a regular character on TV anymore but he was an important part of the attitude era.

If you don't think McMahon was ever a draw for them I got some serious news for you....

Guest Vincent Vega

Orton goes corporate and aligns with Vince in the fight against Stone Cold John Cena.

Orton goes corporate and aligns with Vince in the fight against Stone Cold John Cena.

I'd rather Orton go Dude Love for a few months and then go corporate and align with Vince, all setting up the swerve when The Lashley turns heel and joins up with McMahon at the expense of Orton and Cena.

*tries desperately to think of an incident where an unpopular wrestler attacked someone in the crowd, just to make a really bad pun*

*tries desperately to think of an incident where an unpopular wrestler attacked someone in the crowd, just to make a really bad pun*

that doesnt ring a bell... refresh my memory if you will...

That's the point. I really want to think of an incident where an unpopular wrestler ('the proverbial shit') attacks ('has hit') a member of the crowd ('the fan'), but I can't. If I could, I might have managed to be damn funny. Unfortunately I'm having to settle for theoretically funny, which isn't worth a damn.

Cant think of an unpopular wrestler who has done this. I remember Stan Hansen attacking fans when working for AJPW and really getting after it, but Hansen was super over so that doesn't count.

Cant think of an unpopular wrestler who has done this. I remember Stan Hansen attacking fans when working for AJPW and really getting after it, but Hansen was super over so that doesn't count.

Am I wrong, or didn't that actually go down fairly well with the fans in question?

I think the general reaction is something along the lines of "Oh my god, Stan Hansen punched me in the face! I'm never wiping this blood of of me ever!"

POSSIBLE ANGLE FOR VINCE ON RAW

Take it for what it's worth, but there are rumors making the rounds that Raw head writer Brian Gewirtz is lobbying for Vince McMahon's appearance on Raw this Monday will have them pick up the limo angle from the point where Vince was to make his return. Back when the limo exploded, the word making the rounds was that Linda McMahon would be framed for his death and Ken Kennedy would end up getting a rub from Vince. It will be interesting to see what happens.

POSSIBLE ANGLE FOR VINCE ON RAW

Take it for what it's worth, but there are rumors making the rounds that Raw head writer Brian Gewirtz is lobbying for Vince McMahon's appearance on Raw this Monday will have them pick up the limo angle from the point where Vince was to make his return. Back when the limo exploded, the word making the rounds was that Linda McMahon would be framed for his death and Ken Kennedy would end up getting a rub from Vince. It will be interesting to see what happens.

I understand that Bonnie Hammer is all wet for the TV that came out of this angle, but it makes no sense to go back to the Zombie Vince Saga at this point. The momentum is gone, and nobody is really in the mood for an "attempted murder" storyline right now.

Wasn't there an angle where Heidenreich was assaulting plants in the audience when he was still with Heyman?

That is true shit hitting a (fake) fan there.

How did we go from Vince McMahon striking back to wrestlers hitting fans??? Better not have been my proverbial shit post...