TSM Forums
Sign in to follow this  
JPopStarKami

Going to a house show next week

Never been to a WWE live event before. I have tickets to the one in Wildwood on August 10th. What can I expect? What kinda sign should I make?

Shame Jeff got suspended though, I guess I won't be seeing him there.

No stage, no ramp, no big screens, no pyro and no explosions. Some wrestlers half ass it while others cut loose and have fun because there is no pressure of TV.

Personally, I hate when people bring signs to house shows.

The first half of the show will probably be crap (with a possible women's match that they think you care about but you don't) but the second half should be fun. The good thing about a house show is you get longer matches than you see on television. At a house show for WWE RAW I went to two years ago the Shelton Benjamin-Carlito, Ric Flair-Shawn Michaels, and Cena-HHH all went near/over fifteen minutes.

It'll be nothing like what you see on TV. No cameras, no fancy lighting, no pyro, no ramp, and no big screens.

Just a ring, simple lighting, and a black curtain.

Unless you're in the front five rows, there's no point in wasting time on making a sign. Like an above poster said, I laugh at people who bring signs to house shows who aren't in clear view of the wrestlers.

I haven't been to a house show since '02 when Trips was defending the Undisputed title in rematches against Jericho. The show was ok. Don't bring a sign. You'll look like a tool. Just have fun, buy some merchandise if it's cool.

don't make a sign, the people behind you want to see the action. the main event is usually right after intermission. a lot of times you get to see odd 6 man tag team matches. you also sometimes get to see gimmicks that are being tested in front of a crowd.

I've enjoyed house show more than any of the Raw I've been to. I actually have the most fun at SD! tapings for whatever reason.

I went to a house show here in Columbus Ohio when The Rock first came back from making his first movie. I swear, It was the LOUDEST pop I have ever heard anyone get in my life. It was literally deafining.

House shows are really fun. I've had better times at house shows than television events. I went to a WCW one and Jericho did a 10 minute promo, and it was better than the one he delivered the next night on nitro.

Ive been to one house show and a consecutive Raw/SD/ECW TV and that Nitro from South Padre Island. House Shows are really weird... dont take signs but take buttloads of pictures and try to look around at restaurants to see where they eat... my friend met Shawn Michaels at Logans at Mcallen..... when they came to hidalgo.

CATCH THE FLYING SHIRTS!!!

God, over here we get screwed for ticket prices. I was looking to see if there was any house shows near where I'll be this year, but the cheapest they start is £25 ($50), while you guys get $20 cheap seats. It cost me less to go see the England football team play.

Ive been to one house show and a consecutive Raw/SD/ECW TV and that Nitro from South Padre Island. House Shows are really weird... dont take signs but take buttloads of pictures and try to look around at restaurants to see where they eat... my friend met Shawn Michaels at Logans at Mcallen..... when they came to hidalgo.

I go to the house shows in Hidalgo all the time :) but anyways, i agree with the signs, only if you sit like entrance isle side or front 5 rows then don't bother, but do stick around after the events to see them leave. last house show, kennedy and mvp were leaving late together and we were really just face to face with them. my friend was marking out for kennedy and another was calling mvp a power ranger which prompted a verbal ass kicking from mvp :) but yeah, do the merch early before the show too

God, over here we get screwed for ticket prices. I was looking to see if there was any house shows near where I'll be this year, but the cheapest they start is £25 ($50), while you guys get $20 cheap seats. It cost me less to go see the England football team play.

I almost went to a WWE event this year in the states that was also a house show but was also deterred by the high prices. For lower arena they wanted nearly $40 which was double what I had paid two years ago.

House shows are great. Almost all the ones I've attended were better than the few TV shows I did go to. There's no script for the wrestlers to follow so you won't have to worry about having to see lame comedy skits. You never know what you're going to get. You might see matches take place that are booked, might be booked for SummerSlam since WWE needs to do their test matches for whatever upcoming PPVs or you might just get some weird booked matches (John Cena Vs. Daniel Rodimer for example).

I go to the house shows in Hidalgo all the time :) but anyways, i agree with the signs, only if you sit like entrance isle side or front 5 rows then don't bother, but do stick around after the events to see them leave. last house show, kennedy and mvp were leaving late together and we were really just face to face with them. my friend was marking out for kennedy and another was calling mvp a power ranger which prompted a verbal ass kicking from mvp :) but yeah, do the merch early before the show too

Yeah The merch WILL Fly Off immediatly... I screwed my friend out of the first and 2nd Edge Shirt.. I got the last large both times!

I wonder how much December to Dismember tickets cost...

Assuming the show was on Friday, how was it? Was it that crappy you didn't post a live report?

Sorry about the delay, been playing Trauma Center all weekend.

Here's the summary:

Long ass line to get in in the first place. Passed the merchandise table, but didn't really see anything that was worth swimming my way through that huge crowd around it for. Got a soft pretzel and sat down.

Sat in ground seats. Ring looks deceptively smaller than it actually is from this view. Kind of hard to see the superstars when they're on the mat because of everyone's heads in the way. I can't even see them when they're entering until they get into the ring.

The lights dimmed and Howard Finkel (sp) came out to 'Welcome to the Jungle'. Then he introduced Regal, who first informed us that 'Umanga' (lol) wouldn't be there due to transportation issues, and anyone could receive a refund before the second match. Then he told us that the Women's, tag, and WWE championships would be defended.

First match: Daivari came out and spoke a bunch of gibberish in his language before a talent billed from Wildwood came out. I think he was John something. Surprisingly, Daivari actually jobbed.

Second match: Before the match started, Howard came up and asked for an audience participant to announce the next match. Super Crazy came out followed by Snitsky. Surprisingly, Super Crazy got in a lot of offense and it was more entertaining than the usual squash on RAW. I guess they're not using the big boot for Snitsky's finisher anymore, since Crazy lost after a pumphandle slam or something.

Howard came up and asked for more audience participation, inviting an audience member to be a guest manager, who then went in the back.

Third match: Johnny Jeter (I like his new look) defeated Charlie Haas. Jeter's not half bad.

Fourth match: Carlito issued an open challenge and Cody Rhodes accepted. Carlito beat him with the backstabber. Pretty standard fare here.

Fifth match: Candice Michelle (with the guest manager, think it was a girl) beat Beth Phoenix to retain the Women's title. Snooze-fest.

Intermission. I bought another soft pretzel. Yummy.

Sixth: Cade & Murdoch beat Cryme Time to retain the titles. Thought it was a pretty good tag match, with some funny spots here and there. Though Cade and Murdoch won, Cryme Time beat them down post-match, and then auctioned off one of their hats for 50 bucks, lol.

Seventh: Mr. Kennedy came out to a huge pop and got the mic from the ceiling, and introduced himself. Val Venis came out and did the job, as expected.

Eighth: Main event time. The whole place exploded for Cena, including these two annoying Cena marks behind me. Speaking of Cena, there were a lot of shirts on little kids and signs they were holding up. I guess Cena really is over with the kids. My father thinks it's because he's clean cut and doesn't have any tattoos, and isn't a freak (using Batista as an example) so the parents let them like him. *Shrugs* As for the match, it was actually pretty fun. Longer than the main events you'd seen on TV. Nothing too out of the box, although Cena actually does show a few more moves than he does in TV, not too many more though. Orton actually hit the RKO at one point and got a delayed cover, Cena kicked out. Cena did five-knuckle shuffle, STFU, Orton got the ropes, Cena hits the FU for the win.

Tickets were 40 bucks. All in all, it was alright, I guess...but it probably would have been better spent on a PPV. Ah what the hell, I liked it. It was surreal because the crowd acted exactly like it does on TV, I felt like I was watching the show while being in it, sorta. Kinda hard to explain.

I'm not going to give star ratings for the matches because I'm no expert. But there's the rundown.

You guessed that Cena is over with the kids? Man... you should live over here.... AT Buffalo Wild wings there are hindred kids dressed like cena... not even funny and when us anti cena fans boo him... they rub it in our faces that cena won... hell they tip over our cokes!

I was at a house show a few months ago and I couldn't get over the amount of kids and women that were cheering Cena/buying his shirts, etc. We also had a Cena/Orton main event and there was a pretty steady "Lets Go Cena" "RKO" chant.

You guessed that Cena is over with the kids? Man... you should live over here.... AT Buffalo Wild wings there are hindred kids dressed like cena... not even funny and when us anti cena fans boo him... they rub it in our faces that cena won... hell they tip over our cokes!

LOL sounds like the Buffalo Wild Wings in Brownsville... yup, gotta love ppvs there... that's why i always sit in the heel section aka the bar area

LOL sounds like the Buffalo Wild Wings in Brownsville... yup, gotta love ppvs there... that's why i always sit in the heel section aka the bar area

holy crap.. thats exactly what im talkin about.... i go to BWW in brownsville as well! Damn Small world! and if you notice the jackasses who get up on tables on the floor.... thats me and my friends!

holy crap.. thats exactly what im talkin about.... i go to BWW in brownsville as well! Damn Small world! and if you notice the jackasses who get up on tables on the floor.... thats me and my friends!

then i think you know my table... we're the ones that usually cheer all of the heels (we mainly cheer for king booker, edge, cm punk, the hardys, wgtt and orton) and it's usually myself and two other guys, used to be with my boyfriend also but he's no longer here so the group moved down to three... seriously, you'll find us usually bar side... might go there for summerslam so i'll keep an eye out :) i think i might know your group seriously, is it you and a few guys that go to or just graduated from pace? if so, then i totally know you guys :) it's not hard to spot the heel tables in that place LOL besides my friends love to do the orton pose so you can definitely spot us

Heh. During Backlash at a sports bar, me and some buddies started doing the Boo-Yay chant during the main event. We booed every time Cena made an offensive move, and yayed every time he got hit. We had a couple kids looking like they were about to start screaming at us, but oddly enough most of the bar seemed more entertained by our mild antics than by the match itself.