TSM Forums
Sign in to follow this  
milliondollarchamp

Damages

is anyone watching this show its probably the best show of the summer and the cast is awsome Glenn Close, Ted Danson, Tate Donovan, Zeljko Ivanek and Rose Byrne.

I always been a fan of Ted Danson but sort of doubted that he had any legitimate acting chops but holy shit is he terrific in this.

I developed a new Love for Glenn Close when she joined the shield and i am still loving her in this show.

If u havent checked out this show you should its on FX on tuesdays.

I've watched the first two shows, and I'll definitely keep tuning in. The best part of the show is that they don't really give you anyone to root for or identify with. Everytime you start sympathising with someone, they prove to be a lying scumbag. I've heard that the plot is wraping up after 13 episodes. If there's a second season, it'll be about a different case and the only actor certian to be back is Glenn Close.

If that's true, then I'm happy. It means were sure to get a resolution and the dead fiance/Frobisher case won't drag out over a bunch of years.

FX is rerunning the first two shows on Saturday afternoon, I recomend everyone give it a look.

I've watched the first two shows, and I'll definitely keep tuning in. The best part of the show is that they don't really give you anyone to root for or identify with. Everytime you start sympathising with someone, they prove to be a lying scumbag. I've heard that the plot is wraping up after 13 episodes. If there's a second season, it'll be about a different case and the only actor certian to be back is Glenn Close.

If that's true, then I'm happy. It means were sure to get a resolution and the dead fiance/Frobisher case won't drag out over a bunch of years.

FX is rerunning the first two shows on Saturday afternoon, I recomend everyone give it a look.

Hope that's true and doesn't suffer the, now near comical, downfall of quality of Prison Break.

This show is terrific. I love Zeijko Ivanek, ever since his stint on "Homicide" years and years ago.

I never thought I'd see Ted Danson schtupping a hooker in his car.

The scene with Katie and Frobisher in the restaurant was fantastic, with the foreshadowing of the knives in place, then Katie with the "... saffron" line, intimidating her further after (she thought) he had her dog killed, and with Frobisher having absolutely no idea what's going on, and ended up driving her further to Patty's camp.

Sometimes it feels like Frobishire and Patty are on the same side. I know that's not in any way logical but it's interesting how their actions manipulate Katie into doing what they both do and don't want her to do.

Damages kicks all forms of ass. While Danson and Close are their usual solid selves with their acting, Rose Byrne steals the show IMHO as Ellen Parsons. For those not familiar with her, Byrne has played in movies like "Troy", "Attack of the Clones", and "The Tenants." She's definitely worth watching by herself.

The only thing with the show is you have to be careful because if you miss an episode, you do miss a lot of the story and it's hard to catch back up.

I like the 4 minute recaps that FX airs to make sure you're caught up on everything.

Glenn Close, Rose Byrne, Ted Danson, William Hurt and Marcia Gay Harden? How do you get a cast this good?

Last nights show wasn't as good, as I felt Hurt being Michael's father was too obvious. Really interested to see what happens with the journalist next week and how he is connected

I am confused is the dirty cop actually working for Patty, and Wes is too?

I'm also puzzled about the twist with Uncle Pete/the hit on Ellen. The flashback to Pete telling the injured hitman "My boss can't know about you" at first lead me to believe that Pete acted on his own. But then I remembered that he sounded kind of defensive when telling Patty that he doesn't leave any loose ends that can hurt her, and it occurred to me that maybe what he meant was "My boss can't know that you ultimately survived."

Mario Van Peebles adds some additional oomph to the list of actors already assembled, even in the limited role he has.

It'll be interesting to see where Phil's affair will fit into all of this, plus Ellen's outing the feds to keep Patty close enough to her so that the feds can keep tabs. Brilliant swerve.

DAMN! Uncle Pete is hardcore! I loved the entire interrogation/negotiation scene in which he all but told them to go fuck themselves. Much like with the 'Sopranos', I find myself disliking the FBI agents on the show, though they haven't done anything particularly annoying yet. Of all possible turncoats in the Patty Hewes universe, he shouldn't even make the list.

Does anyone know what the deal with the coordinants is?

Still don't know what the deal with Katie is. And is Purcell gone for good? Are the rumors of William Hurt being a miserable asshole to work with true?