TSM Forums
Sign in to follow this  

The ""Screw Austin Supporters" thread

Guest chirs3

Anyone wanna speculate as to why it's not major news yet?

And no, I'm not being smarmy or anything, I really would like to hear some ideas. I've seen a snippet on Reuters and on the wrestling sites, but nothing close to mainstream.

Any ideas why? If Jay Leno wrestling gets time on the local news (really, it did), then this most certainly deserves some time. Even barring the entire Debra incident, I'd think Austin's walk out would at least be page four three inch side column news.

Scherer says the story has got some legs now and has been picked up by Stern, "Extra", Fox and Friends, ABC Newswire, and CNN Headline news, so Austins reputation is sinking by the minute.

Guest RavishingRickRudo

Austin was well justified in beating his wife.

Debra was a whore and totally deserved it.

Austin, actually, should have beaten the bitch to an inch of her life.

...Now, if I had said ANYONE of these things the responses I got would have been justified, however I didn't.  In fact I went out of my way to say that I do not condone that action.  

So hows about everyone step off their high horse for a second and learn to process thought.  This guy said it was "uncomprehensible" that a man would beat his wife; Austin in particular.  I said it wasn't out of the realm of possibility and but together a plausible situation which would prompt Austin to take such action.  Austin is a physical guy, a decade of physical action in the ring would build certain reflexes.  Steve Austin was a character portrayed intensely by Steve Williams, he was a man who was an extension of his regular character, the line gets blurred sometime.  Again, not condoning, but making it a bit more 'comprehensible'.

But hey, you guys read what you fuckin want to read and continue your self-righteous ways and have a tissy when someone says something that doesn't sit right with you.  Here... Take it... Take my bleeding heart.

Debra is NOT a gold-digger eh?  So she fell in love with Steve McMichael because of his glowing personality and hometown values...not that whole Big Football player thing.  And she got onto Wcw television because of talent.  And she stayed on Wwf television because she wasn't Steve Austins wife.  And she wouldn't have been mad that her meal ticket, in Austin, left the Wwf and her job went a long with it.... $10 says a week ago you would consider the possibility.

Guest JaKyL25

I agree with what RavishingRickRudo just said, you people were taking what he said and twisting it.  He was simply trying to illustrate an example of what might have been going through Steve's head at the time.  Again, like he said, that by NO means makes it right.

As far as supporting Austin, just because someone feels that someone else was acting immorally in one area of their life doesn't make everything else they've ever done invalid.  If Austin did in fact beat Debra, that is wrong.  I can still agree with him about his character development (which I do), and while I think walking out was the wrong course of action to take, I respect Steve's right to take his ball and go home if he so chooses.  I also respect Vince's right never to take him back.

Just because someone does something seriously wrong once doesn't make them a complete asshole for their whole life.  If Austin genuinely feels remorse for what he allegedly did to Debra, and she's willing to forgive him, then who are we to judge?  If Austin really is a serial offender, then he needs help and rehabilitation.

On a final note, I personally feel that Steve Austin owes me, as a fan, nothing.  He has given me more entertainment than I could possibly ask of anyone, and is one of my favorite wrestlers of all time.  If anything I owe HIM.  I can understand why some people feel like he owes them an apology though, I'm just saying that I don't feel that way.

He has done this more than once, Debra said so, so this is not the first time, and if u hit a woman once odds are u will do it again, it is one of those things where u either have it in you to do or u dont, its not a "one time only" mistake 99 percent of the time.

And when an incident like this takes place who gives a shit what his reasons are, there is no motive that could excuse this except for as I said self defence so there is no point even discussing reasons, and like I said if he did it before he had no excuse then either.  Also the fact that RRR is calling Debra a golddigger when he does not know her personally, and at a time when she has been beat down by Austin is criminal.  Who is he to judge someone he doesnt even know, is he fucking Raven. can he tell the future too?  U cant control who u love, and  she really loved both Mongo and Austin, so dont question someone elses love for somebody, its just as stupid as the HHHaters saying HHH doesnt care about Steph, and is dating her to gain control of the company, it's just ignorant.

Guest crandamaniac

I am not here to pass judgment on Austin.  There is only one person who can do that, and I will never be HIM. I do feel that is reprehensible that one man would beat his wife, but I will not speculate or jump to hasty conclusions.  If Austin did beat his wife and ran away, I hope that he realizes what he did was wrong, and seeks the help that he needs.

Now with that said, I'd like to state the real reason I wrote this.  Many posters in this thread are doing exactly what I stated above, jumping to hasty conclusions on Austin, Debra, and other posters.  To me, it seems that many people are letting there emotions get the best of them, and not allowing them to see the arguments that are posted before them.  Many of you have to realize that there are always 2 sides to a story.  While some of you are condemning Austin, keep in mind he has his reasons, however skewed they may be.  So Until you here his side, do not judge him.

That's all I have to say about that

Guest chirs3

Anyone else find it odd that Syxx says RRR can't possibly know that Debra was a golddigger, then he turns around and says "She loved Mongo and Austin"?

Guest Just call me Dan

Cradamaniac, there are only a few people with common sense on this board.  Yes, coming from a die hard Austin mark, it sounds like I'm just gald someone's not just bashing Austin.  But it's so fucking true.  Who are any of us to judge WWE TV the last few days and known almost as much as any ofa man or what we think has happened when we know jack shit?  The common mark could have watched WWE TV for the past week and known almost half as much as these supposed "insiders"

These posts are repetitive and stupid.  They should all be removed.

No one condones physical harm to a woman, walking out and leaving people screwed over.  Fact is, we may never know the story to its true extent or the reasons why some of these things happened.

All I can say is stop this bullshitting and wait 'til we hear the true side (don't hold your breath) or shut up about it.  Most of you who are against Austin are glad he's gone and say good riddance. Well stop being hypocritical and shut the hell up.  These threads and all this petty talk about the situation will keep Austin alive and a part of the general wrestling media for as long as you let it.  You want him gone, then keep it that way.  It's basically in your hands.

Chirs, I am just giving back what was given to me, and maybe it is wrong I suppose, but there is a hell of a better chance she loves them (if she stayed with the guy before when he beat her and didnt call the cops), then her not loving them, I think it is common sense, if a person ties the knot with another, to give them the fucking benefit of the doubt of loving the other. And if u have a complaint about me, address it to me, like a man, instead of rhetorically.

Guest Austin3164life

People are jumping to conclusions because people on this forum like to jump on bandwagons, no matter which way you look at it.  I'm not here, though, to verbally bash the other posters, because everyone has their own opinion and I can't take that right away from anyone.  The only time I get defensive is when someone denounces my opinion.  I don't want to try and single you out, but, Syxx, you once told me I was "advocating wife-beating".  By no means, am I performing that horrendous deed.  If Steve Williams really did hit Debra a few times and then run away to escape the consequences, he should repent for his actions and seek some counseling to relieve himself of his stress in a peacful manner.  What I don't appreciate is that Steve Williams does one thing morally wrong in his life, it's reported publicly, and the majority of this forum begins a systematic and spiteful verbal bashing against the man.  It's almost as if the legacy he left behind these past five years mean nothing, because he walked away from the company due to his dissatisfaction with the (terrible) writing/booking teams.  That's his decision, and his decision alone to make, albeit it being a bit controversial.  Whether or not his quitting the company was a bad thing is up to Steve.  Only he knows if it really was a smart or a not-so-smart move.  I respect people's opinions on the entire situation, but I feel we have only scratched the surface about the criteria of this whole thing.  I'm just not going to jump to conclusions right off the bat.  While I do respect his actions of protest against Vince and his talent management staff, I (of course) question his motivations for relieving his frustration on Debra.  That is just sad.  But the bottom line is, I still respect Stone Cold Steve Austin for the great legacy he left behind, and I'll never lose my admiration for the Steve Austin character......

Guest Dangerous A

Folks there is a difference in the man who is Austin 3:16.

Steve Austin=awesome in ring performer

Steve Williams=piece of trash in need of some help.

Look AustinHHH I overreacted towards u and I apoligize, but this situation is not Austin making "one mistake" and us jumping on him. He is by Debras count, a repeat offender.  That means that Austin the human being, once the spokesperson for WWE, is not an individual that should be thrust into the spotlight for us to adore, and ignore the person he is.  It was fine for all of those years when I was under the impression he was a terrific individual, but now things will really never be the same between Austin and the fans.  Im possibly the most Left-Wing thinker on this board, and am all about second chances and rehabilitation, but when the second chance calls for Austin to once again return to the spotlight, or for all of us to honor his legacy despite our knowledge of repeat spousal abuse than I am against it. When DBS died I was really sad, and added to a thread dedicated to his memory, only for other posters to come in and trash him and his memory, and that was over unconfirmed instances involving DBS, so I gave DBS the benefit of the doubt.  I wish I could give it to Austin, but the problem is, I think he is truly living his character these days, and unfortunately I now associate his character with wife abuse, because there is no seperation between his character and Steve Williams behavior lately,so I will never really be able to watch him in that role again.