TSM Forums
Sign in to follow this  

The ""Screw Austin Supporters" thread

Ive always been an average Stone Cold fan, and respect what he has done for the business.  However I feel that Austin marks on this board, are going the politician route and trying to dodge the fact that Austin has repeatedly beat his wife.  This is possibly the worst thing a man or husband could ever do to their family.  I find it appauling that under these accusations, people continue to defend Austin, and bear an avatar or picture promoting this man.  At this point even if u did somehow support him for walking out on his JOB, without giving a shit about his fans, that is one thing, but after supporting the man after the confirmed reports of abuse, that makes u an advocate of wife abuse itself, because u are promoting a man who commits such despicable acts, and that is sad.

This can't be said enough: Steve Williams allegedly beat his wife.

And Bob, if half the shit that's been said about your idol Davey Boy Smith is true, then he's even worse than Williams.

Guest Ripper

Yeah...and Ike turner "allegedly" hit Tina.  

Unless Debra fancies beating herself up and calling the cops, the piece of shit did it.  And this is from the real news now, not just bob.  

I have been wondering how people are still supporting this guy for a while now.  The walk out was enough for me to say "Screw Austin".  But add all this other stuff in, fuck Austin..fuck him right in his ear.

Honestly, I'm tired of arguing over this, so here goes:

Incadenza's Definitive Statement

I do not support that actions of Steven Williams, personal or professional. I have said this countless times on these boards. Something that I am aware of, though, is that this matter is a lot more complicated than "That bastard Austin is evil and heartless and should be shot in the balls." The world isn't so black-and-white; Williams was not always a person like this. What brought him there? What can be done to take care of it? Steve Williams is a very messed-up individual, and I hope for him AND Debra to get their respective lives in order. This doesn't mean they should get back together; I'm in no postition to say one way or the other.

Again, as I have said before, I do not want to see Stone Cold Steve Austin back in wrestling. There's no reason for him to be there. But he is a human being, and, unless he becomes a repeat offender, he deserves redemption.

Guest bob_barron

The allegations about DBS are in a book that was pulled from publication because of alledged lies

The allegations about DBS are in a book that was pulled from publication because of alledged lies

That doesn't mean it didn't happen.

Guest Austin3164life

Doesn't mean it did though....

Seriously.....I'm sick of everyone believing whatever Vince and J.R. were spewing forth on Confidential.  The ONLY media source I found that wrote about Williams hitting his wife was a local San Antonio-NBC Affiliate news casting syndicate.  I'm not saying it's totally false, but someone with the star value of Steve Williams allegedly doing something of that nature would be on national headlines.  I'm not trying to say it didn't happen but I am sick of all of the posting-whores on this board who jumped on the "Screw Austin" Bandwagon because Vince is apparently blameless since he's the boss and Austin's the employee.....Fuck that.....

Guest dreamer420

I've been a Stone Cold fan ever since he started in on his feud with Bret Hart back in 96.  Ever since then I have watched and loved everything that he has done.  When he broke his beck I held my breath.  When he won his first title I was cheering in my livingroom.  When he returned from neck surgery after a long delay I got a little choked up.   I am saddened by the news of Steve Austin leaving the wwe but what he did to the company was inexcusable.  Not showing up to perform your duties at work should get your ass fired and it is too bad that Austin had to go that way.  After watching Confidential on the weekend it was very clear right from Vince and JR that Austin would not be returning.  That was shocking to hear but the wwe will go on without Austin.

The news of him assaulting his wife was very strange to read this morning but I'm not believing that story until Austin is arrested and charged.  I hope to god Austin never laid a hand on Debra and either she is making this up, or took a bad fall or something.

Guest Austin3164life

When I meant a media source, I meant a nationally known news syndicate like NBC, ABC, CBS, or possibly even E!.  411wrestling.com (not trying to diss it) could be trying to get people to come to the site.  If Williams did really hit Debra a few times, bought a brand new car, and stormed off, I'm sure that the law enforcements can locate him quickly.  And if this is all true, I'm sure that one of those four syndications would reported something about it, because Austin is a crossover star as well (not like The Rock, but he is very well known).  This whole "Williams beats his wife" scenario is just too shady to ignore facts and just jump to conclusions......

Guest dreamer420
When I meant a media source, I meant a nationally known news syndicate like NBC, ABC, CBS, or possibly even E!.  411wrestling.com (not trying to diss it) could be trying to get people to come to the site.  If Williams did really hit Debra a few times, bought a brand new car, and stormed off, I'm sure that the law enforcements can locate him quickly.  And if this is all true, I'm sure that one of those four syndications would reported something about it, because Austin is a crossover star as well (not like The Rock, but he is very well known).  This whole "Williams beats his wife" scenario is just too shady to ignore facts and just jump to conclusions......

i agree.  411wrestling isn't much of a source to use for anything.   and if this incident happened on saturday like claimed then Austin would have been picked up on the run.

if the police had been called on a spousal abuse charge and the alleged abuser has run off then I'm sure a warrant would be issued for his arrest, and this story would have been all over the news all ready.

Guest gthureson

Perhaps...just maybe.....Steve Austin is not that much of a crossover star.  And the major networks don't really care what wrestlers do.

Guest dreamer420

if steve austin was on the run from the law it would be on the networks.  believe me the media drools over this kind of shit and it would be on every channel if true I think.

Guest Austin3164life

It's just way too coincidental for Austin to not only leave his job and have his name tarnished by his former (almost) boss, but all of a sudden Debra calls the police and tells them Williams hit her?  I'm sure they would've chased him and located his whereabouts.  And the character Stone Cold is popular.  I talk to people who don't know shit about wrestling but they know who Steve Austin is easily.  I'm just waiting to hear Steve's side of this whole ordeal, and I'm not jumping to conclusions like this entire board has......

Guest Big McLargeHuge

I support Austin against Vince. I do NOT however condone physically abusing your spouse.

Guest Austin3164life
I support Austin against Vince. I do NOT however condone physically abusing your spouse.

I don't think anyone on this thread is trying to condone Austin's supposed "actions" against Debra.  We're just stating that it's very convenient that this started appearing just days after Austin and the WWE had a fallout.  If Austin really did hit Debra, then he and Debra should either divorce, separate, and possibly Austin should have a chat with a counselor.  But, with all of the non-existent and shady journalism about this situation, I wouldn't be suprised if this whole story is a rumor.  Point is, I'm not jumping to any conclusions.  On the subject of Austin vs. the WWE, Vince has way more to blame than Austin does.  On Austin's personal mess that's been rising, I'm not sure what to think.  Just waiting for more fact, and what Steve has to say about everything.......(E! could possibly make this into a "True Hollywood Story" type of thing).....

Guest gthureson

Well, Reuters is picking the story up.

Is that a good enough news agency?  Or has Vince talked them into going along with one big work as well?

Guest cobainwasmurdered

Austin is innocent until proven guilty. That IS how democracy works down in the US right?

Guest RavishingRickRudo

If you step back and take a look at the situation Austin, while not being justified, had his reasons.  I mean, Debra was most likely trying to convince Austin to go back to the WWF (maybe even after watching Confidential) she *is* a bit of a golddigger (coughMondocoughwcwcoughsteveaustincoughwwf), Austin was already in a destructive state of mind and, he being a physical guy, took out his aggressions on his wife.  Nothing to be proud of, nothing to be defended, just trying to bring some understanding to the issue.

Guest gthureson
Austin is innocent until proven guilty. That IS how democracy works down in the US right?

No, that would be the way the justice system works.  Democracy works something along the lines of '1 person, 1 vote.'

I can see how you'd get those confused though.

Ravisihing Rick Rudo it is sick just to even think about what u said about Austin "had his reasons" no reason would ever be good enough, short of self defence, but a 250 pound gymrat hitting a petite female multiple times, is simply uncomprehensible.  And now will u listen up AUSTINHHH4LIFE, there is a fucking police report up, and more news outlets have picked up the story, will u have the courtesy not to advocate spousal abuse and remove that picture.

Guest Ripper

"Austin is innocent until proven guilty. That IS how democracy works down in the US right?"

Well, if there are only 2 people in a house, one gets shot, the other is holding the gun, the one that is shot says "Damn, you just shot me." it kinda turns to guilty until proven innocent.  

Unless Debra is damn flexible and double jointed, hitting herself on the back and shoulder repeated times would be very difficult.  She was beaten, she said he did it, he hauled ass. if he were so innocent, wouldn't have been easier to say, "Hey, she's lying."  

And I'm pretty sure Debra's  6 figure salary doesn't require her to "gold-digg" from anyone.  Austin might have been making alot of money, but she wasn't exactly gutter livin when they started dating.

Guest RavishingRickRudo

I said he had his reasons, I didn't say they were good.  It's not "uncomprehensible" at all, it happens all the time around the world...wait for it...there, it just happened again.  Austin was probably stressed like a motherfucker and had Debra bitching in his ear about going back to the Wwf because she wants her money like the golddigger she *is* (and don't say that she isn't).  Again, not condoning, just putting it into perspective.

Guest Jobber of the Week
Austin was probably stressed like a motherfucker and had Debra bitching in his ear about going back to the Wwf because she wants her money like the golddigger she *is* (and don't say that she isn't).  Again, not condoning, just putting it into perspective.

There's nothing to put into perspective because it's simply inexcusable and unjustified. Unless she was coming after him with a weapon (and nothing on the record notes Steve calling self-defense), it's still a guy beating up a woman half his size.

You may not understand this, but reasons or no reasons, YOU DO NOT DO THAT.

Guest Ripper

You really don't see that oddity of calling a woman that was technically rich BEFORE she started dating Austin a gold digger for marrying him.  

You have no proof that she doesn't love him.  The fact that she is not pressing charges despite him beating her shows that blind love(if she were to divorce him now, she would get half...why would she hang around with a unemployed, abusive man if she could make more money leaving him).  

Its time to call a spade a spade.  Austin acted like a childish little bitch that didn't get his way so, to paraphrase Rock, took his ball home.  THEN he acted like even more of a bitch by taking his 6'3, 250+ lbs and beating on a woman half his size.  Yet there are still people trying to defend BOTH actions.

This is fucking sick.  Your blaming the victim, while speculating not only did she provoke the attack by "bitching", but she is also a "golddigger", fuck im ashamed to be a male, to see  u defending a man that at this moment beat his wife JUST BECAUSE HE WAS STRESSED.  You ever had your mom bitching in your ear about something constantly, is it alright to hit her too?

Guest Austin3164life
.  And now will u listen up AUSTINHHH4LIFE, there is a fucking police report up, and more news outlets have picked up the story, will u have the courtesy not to advocate spousal abuse and remove that picture.

Okay, buddy, I've seen the Police Report.  Why do you think I condone wife hitting??  Did I ever say "shit, Austin should beat her ass!"?!  No I didn't.  All I said (a couple of days ago, when no one was sure what to believe) was that I'm not jumping to any conclusions.  And no, I'm not taking down that pic of Stone Cold, because what Steve Williams did to Debra was terrible (and he should go to jail for it), but what he did in the WWE/F I will ALWAYS repsect it......

So now, I guess I'm still advocating spousal abuse.......Jesus......