TSM Forums
Sign in to follow this  
Matt Young

8/2/2007 TNA Impact Thread

That was a role?

Ladder match sucked major ass. It was just "He's climbing the ladder, oh that guy stops him! Now THAT guy climbs the ladder! And the other one stops him! The other one! THE OTHER ONE! GOING! LADDER GOING UP CONTRACT!" until the run-ins began.

A.J.-"That was Angle's Wife? She was like 5 years old."

Borash-"That was his daughter"

A.J.-"I know!" :lol:

This show wasn't perfect, but was about 100 times more entertaining than the garbage they put on WWE programming the past several months.

What was up with them bleeping the word ass. except for Joe's reference to Kurt being a horse's ass? And it is pretty pathetic how they can't equalize the volume during the ladder match between the taped commentary and the crowd.

Karen Angle would make a great feature in a Blackzilla movie. She has the fake crying down.

Seriously what was up with that angle? Is Kurt going to "Snap" soon?

As I said, I'm just waiting for Karen to reveal it was all a ruse and cost Joe the match with Angle at the PPV. This is Russo we're dealing with here. And to be honest, given how ultra mean Kurt was to her on this show that isn't a bad swerve. The sad thing is that I don't doubt Angle is somewhat similar to this in real life.

I'm enjoying AJ retarded cocky gimmick, it's something different and at least now he has a personality compared to his 'I'm in the X-Division, I do crazy shit' no nonsense character. I'm still waiting for some kind of backlash from Tomko toward Christian Cage, ever since he's arrived in TNA, Cage has done nothing but talk to him like a piece of shit. Though, his 'toy belt' remarks are pretty funny. Maybe this one is a slow burner.

Team 3D v Eric Young & Chris Harris was HORRIBLE! It was so sluggish and the timing seemed way off, it was just embarrassing to watch. I've never been a Team 3D fan, and this match has just made me dislike them even more. I can't understand why they're still around TNA, they should just retire while people are still 'fond' of them.

JB isn't nearly as good as Mean Gene at pimping a phone service for information.

I enjoyed the old woman opening the door in the background during the Kurt Angle Family Affairs skit. I guess its all part of the swerve coming up, perhaps that old woman was Samoa Joe in drag.. probably not though.

It's odd to see Sonjay Dutt being the Guru after having recently seen a 'highlight' tape of his appearances in CZW and other indie promotions, I've never really liked him in TNA, but he seemed pretty decent on the indie scene. Credit to him working through a bunged up shoulder. However, if he's a Guru that's found Inner Peace, why is he in the ring fighting? It would be much funnier if he just refused to be tagged in due to his pacifist nature, or just sat in the ring allowed himself to get kicked to shit.

XXX were ok, though I have no idea why Christopher Daniels is still wearing that eye make up. The match was ok, but nothing amazing, nice finish though.

Shelly and Sabin were at ringside, good to see TNA keeping them together as a team.

Really not digging these Kurt Angle/Karen Angle, erm, angles. His wife is pretty hot.

Why does Tomko keep helping Cage for? It makes no sense. Test debut was pretty none eventful fan reaction wise, he looked to be gassing, I mean gasping for air just walking down the ramp.

I look forward to seeing Grappleworks Remix of today's Episode on youtube.

Karen Angle would make a great feature in a Blackzilla movie. She has the fake crying down.

Karen how do you feel about being hog tied and gagged.

I look forward to seeing Grappleworks Remix of today's Episode on youtube.

It was pretty good. The ending got a good laugh out of me. The title is "Perfect Strangers vs. Impact!" and you can take a guess as to exactly what that means.

And again no TV report on WO. Meltz really needs to start cracking the whip down at WO HQ. Slackers!

I'm waiting for Kurt or Joe to bust out the "I'm Hardcore!" when Karen, So Cal Val, Christy Hemme do the triple lesbian kiss....and also expect to see the daughter wear a leather jacket or flannel around her waist while "cheer leading".

I'm waiting for Kurt or Joe to bust out the "I'm Hardcore!" when Karen, So Cal Val, Christy Hemme do the triple lesbian kiss....and also expect to see the daughter wear a leather jacket or flannel around her waist while "cheer leading".

Not enough of this lovely natural girl on my screen. I'd like some more, where do I subscribe?

Ya know she would be perfect with the Shelley & Sabin team she could carry around the handheld cam for the boys while they do their Motor City Young Guns poses.

Yeah, it would make some sense, since she's never been used in TNA for more then a ring side coat collector - and the odd time the camera shoots between her legs.

Wasn't there a rumor going around that she was set to be brainwashed by Raven earlier this year?

Really, I was completely shocked when I saw this. I mean coming of the Benoit tragedy, and here is Kurt Angle belittling his wife and kids... However, some of the stuff that was said was kind of funny

I thought Karen Angle was fat from the promos on WWE did when Angle was injured

Jackie Gayda blackmailed them with the exclusive home video footage into not doing it :firedevil:

She stopped them from pushing So Cal Val into Seratonin? How? What? Why?

If you were watching Impact from Day 1 you would known of the Chess Master Larry, Slick the Ref, and the Barking Canadian's involvement in this.

If you were watching Impact from Day 1 you would known of the Chess Master Larry, Slick the Ref, and the Barking Canadian's involvement in this.

Nope, watched the weekly PPVs, then kinda missed out on the first year Impacts, though I have manged to get my hands on them from a wrestling torrent site (all 65gb + PPVs) so I've got alot to catch up on. Though, I'm not sure how worth it it'll be.

There's treasure out there but it's hidden I'll say of the weekly shows maybe 2 matches per week were top tier high quality mark out material which were normally featured the X division but the other matches were nothing put pure gimmickery crap like a black Rikishi or midgets or "celebrity" appearances. The monthly PPVs were generally solid with the usual AMW vs Naturals or AJ vs International Sensation of the month or Christopher Daniels stealing the show in tag matches as part of XXX or chasing the belt. The crap of the month usually was Jeff Jarrett main event matches where he would win every time with his "El Kabong" guitar shot and on one occasion a violin or cello/bass.

There are maybe 6 DVDs out there that I still need to buy 4 of which would be the superstar feature types and 2 PPVs.

Oh no, please don't bring up the various Jarrett screwjobs involving Larry Z., Slick Johnson, and Earl Hebner. I still have nightmares about that Slammiversary show from last year.

Ya know she would be perfect with the Shelley & Sabin team she could carry around the handheld cam for the boys while they do their Motor City Young Guns poses.

They need to find someone that kind of sucks and needs help getting over.