TSM Forums
Sign in to follow this  
Vampiro69

Marvel Comics thread

Meh, I loved Justice but I find it hard to get into Earth X. I tried reading the prequel issue 0 but I haven't gotten further. I've just got too much shit to read between new comics and other saga's i'm trying to get through.

What I'm kinda wondering is- if the Invaders are comming to the modern day, will we also see a Silver Age Bucky? Did the sidekicks even count as part of the Invaders?

The sidekicks were part of the Invaders, I'm sure. Toro and Bucky were both active members. You can see Bucky's arm beside Cap's left arm on that Ross picture.

Wonder what Young Bucky will say if he meets Older Bucky.

The Bucky of old would say: "Shazbot! I'm awesome!"

Not like Marvel's continuity isn't messed up anyways with Cap. Does Marvel still stick to the story that he was thawed out around the time of the Vietnam War?

Guest Tsukuyomi

I believe every time someone comes into the future or goes back into the past, they create a new universe. So this wouldn't be the 616 Capt and Bucky, but only from a Universe that, up until that point, is remarkably similar.

Not like Marvel's continuity isn't messed up anyways with Cap. Does Marvel still stick to the story that he was thawed out around the time of the Vietnam War?

I believe so. I think they still also say that Nick Fury and Dum Dum Dugan fought then too (or whatever war they were in. They usually use the theory that Fury is actually genetically modifying himself to keep himself "young". I'm sure the Super soldier serum is keeping cap more youthful too. Who knows what anti-aging experimentation the soviets did on Bucky...*cough*.)

Marvel uses the idea that Fantastic Four #1 is the beginning of time and that it happened roughly 10-15 years ago.

They explained the Captain America comic books post WW2 as it being a new Captain America. Steve's death/freezing wasn't publicly known and they brought in a new Captain America for national morale purposes.

Just before Civil War, Thing celebrated his 13th year of being the Thing with a Bar Mitzvah.

Was that the mini-series written by Dan Slott?

I just found out that Mike Wieringo passed away on August 12. He worked on Captain America with Mark Waid along with Friendly Neighborhood Spiderman. He also worked with Mark Waid on the Flash as well.

I just found out that Mike Wieringo passed away on August 12. He worked on Captain America with Mark Waid along with Friendly Neighborhood Spiderman. He also worked with Mark Waid on the Flash as well.

Wow I cant believe it. He was always one of my favorite artists. As far as I liked the way he drew Spider-Man more than anyone else who ever has. R.I.P.

I picked up the Fallen Son comic I was after (Spider-Man) and I must say that it has been an awesome series, I really really enjoyed it.

Im also liking where Transformers/Avengers is going too, despite the naff cover for #2.

Guest Tsukuyomi

I thought the Fallen Son series was hit or miss. I liked the first issue, the second issue was really meh, third issue was okay, fourth issue was blah, and the fifth issue was excellent. I thought that the continuing stuff in Captain America was much better, especially on the 'Anger' and 'Depression' things. But, personally, Tony's final sendoff really made the entire series.

I actually thought the Spider-Man one was really good, the tranistions between his fight with Rhino and the Hulk were awesome. But you're right, the Iron Man one was superb.

This week:

Transformers/Avengers #3 - Again very good, really looking forward to the conclusion

Iron Man: Enter Mandarin #1 - Not great, very wordy and slow moving. Next issue could be good though

And I got Daredevil #100, but not had a chance to read it yet.

This week:

Transformers/Avengers #3 - Again very good, really looking forward to the conclusion

Iron Man: Enter Mandarin #1 - Not great, very wordy and slow moving. Next issue could be good though

And I got Daredevil #100, but not had a chance to read it yet.

Wait a minute, Transformers/Avengers? This sounds like a train wreck, but according to your commentary it's apparently not. Explain.

A weird-team of Avengers (Red Costume Spidey, Wolverine, Falcon, Ms. Marvel, Captain America...) get exposed to some gas that makes them incredibly hostile and pick a fight with the Transformers. No joke.

It's not good. It's not awful, but it's not good. And non-continuity, I'd assume.

Its a bit more complex than that, I'm fairly sure the comic has been released now to coincide with the movie, but it is a bit out of date considering Cap is leading the Avengers.

But the basic premise is that Megatron and his decepticons have a new machine that makes them more powerful using super-human DNA. They capture Spider-Man and use him. The rest of the Avengers atempt to save him, only for the Autobots to show up and try to solve things. Then, as UTSHU expalined, they fight but end up on the same side. Turns out

Dr. Doom

has helped out the Decpecpticons, only for them

to turn their backs on him

I quite like it, it's a good read and it's a bit of fun.

Did any of you get the sketch cover versions of Fallen Son?

I picked up two and got headshots from Michael Avon Oeming and Dexter Vines.

I only got the black covers (the ones in my sig). I just prefer those ones.