TSM Forums
Sign in to follow this  
Matt Young

8/9/2007 Impact Thread

This Thursday night, TNA Wrestling returns to SpikeTV at 9pm for the final countdown to the Sunday, August 12 “Hard Justice” Pay-Per-View event! Below is a preview of what you will see on the huge broadcast:

ADAM “PACMAN” JONES TO MAKE HIS FIRST TNA IN-RING APPEARANCE

Tune in this Thursday night to see Adam “Pacman” Jones’ first appearance in Total Nonstop Action Wrestling! What will the athlete have to say about his signing with TNA and his upcoming appearance this Sunday at Hard Justice on Pay-Per-View? It will be an “iMPACT!” moment you won’t want to miss!

ANGLE’S WIFE WANTS A DIVORCE – HOW IS KURT HANDLING IT?

This past week, the wrestling world witnessed Kurt Angle’s wife Karen demanding a divorce from him after the way he treated his family! Not only that, but the TNA and IWGP World Heavyweight Champion is set to face his nemesis Samoa Joe on August 12 at “Hard Justice”. How is Kurt Angle handling the situation as his private life is apparently spiraling out of control? Will we hear from Kurt Angle this Thursday night? Samoa Joe is scheduled to be on “iMPACT!”, so who knows what hell will break loose between the two longtime enemies! Find out this Thursday night!

THE RETURN OF RAVEN’S HOUSE OF FUN MATCH

Also this Thursday night, “iMPACT!” will feature the return of the sadistic Raven’s House Of Fun Match, where anything goes and weapons are legal! It will be a six-man bout as it will be Raven teaming with “Cowboy” James Storm and Robert Roode to battle “Wildcat” Chris Harris, “The War Machine” Rhino and Kaz! Without a doubt, the House Of Fun match promises to be barbaric and bloody!

WHAT MATCH WILL ABYSS CHOOSE FOR HARD JUSTICE?

Also this Thursday night, Abyss will make his choice regarding the type of match he wants against “The Instant Classic” Christian Cage at the Hard Justice Pay-Per-View! How does Abyss plan to get his revenge against Cage and his crew at the three-hour epic event on Sunday, August 12? Tune in this Thursday at 9pm on SpikeTV to find out!

ALSO THIS THURSDAY NIGHT ON “iMPACT!” –

- It will be a four-way bout featuring TNA’s top tag teams as it will be Kip James of the Voodoo Kin Mafia vs. Brother Devon of Team 3D vs. Homicide of the Latin American Xchange vs. Rick Steiners of The Steiner Brothers!

- Plus, more matches will be announced this Thursday night for the “Hard Justice” Pay-Per-View event event! All this and much more at 9pm on SpikeTV

So will they bring in Lawrence Taylor to battle Pacman? If they really want to stick it to WWE this could work. I'm sure it would get even more mainstream press.

Since the last ppv, Impact has been getting more and more entertaining week by week here. Whatever they are doing, its working for me.

It's Dustin Rhodes playing Black Reign.

That's got to be bad news for TNA, with all the hype this Pacman thing has been getting they must have been expecting at least a small climb in the ratings. Looks like 1.1 is their peak.

Too much talking, not enough action for me this week. Way to make your champion look credible, have him badly pretending to cry all show long.

I hate to jump the gun, but if they are paying this guy the amount I have been hearing, it might be best to let him go ASAP, as in at the ppv. I heard they are paying him more than any guy in TNA history, and that in itself is ridiculous. Throw in the fact that the rating is worse than most weeks and why fucking bother? The word of mouth, if there was legit interest, should have jumped the rating and it did the opposite. This was the peak of "free" TNA mainstream coverage nationally and this happened? Wow. Talk about a misfire.

Controversial heel acts = rating, what Jarrett and Adam Jones has been doing the past week was basically them begging people to watch them on PPV that won't get any new fans. They would of been better off doing the typical surprise guitar shot on a late night talk show to get attention instead of interviews on Sport Center. They could of promoted it as "Will he get his revenge~" instead of the "Please commish I gotz to get paid I'm bored as fuck and need mo money for the strippers...".

It was 0.99 or 1.0, depending on if you round up. Either way, TNA will be disappointed because they'll have expected the buzz from Pacman to give them some kind of boost.

well when you have a sub-par show, then people wont bother to tune in, really if you look at the last few weeks, they were logically booked with the matches getting a decent amount of time and Ratings showed that, last couple weeks was basically a Russo booked "Crash TV" style and the ratings dropped, yet TNA still touts WE ARE WRESTLING

People were confused when they tuned in and there were no white dots present anywhere in the arena.

The sad thing is it's near impossible to tell if the people I refer to are casual viewers or TNA fans.

It was 0.99 or 1.0, depending on if you round up. Either way, TNA will be disappointed because they'll have expected the buzz from Pacman to give them some kind of boost.

There was an actual side of me that thought they could pull in a 1.5 to 1.8 rating. I guess Pacman doesn't sell. Maybe they should bring in Mike Tyson, Barry Bonds, or some other main stream athlete. Maybe Russo can bring in Jose Canseco and he can cut a SHOOT interview naming names on steroids. If Jose could call out A-Rod on Impact I'm sure that could get RATINGS~~~!!!

They HAVE brought in real athletes, plenty of them, everyone from Tito Ortiz to Johnny Damon. NONE of them drew better ratings.

The only time I've ever been interested in an 'outsider' in the ring was when Tyson appeared, only because I genuinely believed he was going to knock someone the fuck out. What's Pacman Jones going to do... The Pounce?

Well, and to be honest Pacman Jones isn't really all that known. He's done little on the field to warrant a mention so far, and most of his notoriety is of the negative kind.

Maybe they should bring in Vick? Ha!