TSM Forums
Sign in to follow this  
mfn

OAO TNA: Hard Justice PPV Thread

ADAM “PACMAN” JONES TO APPEAR LIVE AT “HARD JUSTICE”

The TNA Wrestling newcomer will speak out about his decision to join Total Nonstop Action!

WINNER TAKES ALL – EVERY TITLE ON THE LINE

Olympic gold medalist Kurt Angle vs. “The Samoan Submission Machine” Samoa Joe

DOOMSDAY CHAMBER OF BLOOD

Sting, Abyss & “The Punisher” Andrew Martin vs. “The Instant Classic” Christian Cage, “The Phenomenal” AJ Styles & Tomko

TAG TEAM DREAM MATCH

The Steiner Brothers vs. Team 3D

BARROOM BRAWL

“The War Machine” Rhino vs. “Cowboy” James Storm

HUMILIATION MATCH

Eric Young vs. Robert Roode w/ Ms. Brooks

The Latin American Xchange vs. The Voodoo Kin Mafia

“Wildcat” Chris Harris vs. The Debut of Dustin Rhodes’ “Black Reign”

The Motor City Machineguns vs. Triple X vs. “The Guru” Sonjay Dutt & “Black Machismo” Jay Lethal

Raven vs. Kazarian

All this and much more this Sunday on Pay-Per-View starting at 8pm ET / 5pm PT

As entertaining as Impact has been leading up to this show, TNA hasn't done a single thing to make me want to buy the show.

I mean, Kurt Angle's character is probably his best to date and he's playing it to perfection, but watching his marriage fail on TV doesn't exactly inspire me to spend $39.95.

There's only two of us in the chat right now.

This "bar room brawl" is epic:

-It's not in a bar, and instead they have a cheap ass bar outside the ring with different drinks on it.

-There is a toilet sitting next to the bar.

-In the ring, there's a tiny table with four normal steel chairs with a drink or two on it.

-At the start of the match, Rhino was trying to toss one of the chairs to hit Storm who was standing on the entrance way, but it slipped or something and it went flying into the crowd hitting the fans instead.

-The angle of this match right now is that the bar is there to tempt Rhino, and he's drinking all of the different drinks, and West and Tenay or putting it over like he "fell off the wagon", and "noooooooooo Rhino, noooooooooooo!!!" As the match goes on, they put over how drunk Rhino seems to be getting.

EDIT:

Wow, what stupid booking there. They have Rhino give in to the temptation, drink the entire match, and get drunker and drunker. In the end, because Rhino was so disoriented, Storm just beat the shit out of Rhino with trash cans, chairs to the head, did the superkick, then pinned him after a beer bottle to the back of Rhino's head.

Maybe the toilet was at ringside to signify where TNA is going these days. I used to be such a TNA Mark as well, I would stick up for it at every corner, but now, I just can't be bothered.

It sounds like they've ruined what was a good feud, with this typically naff gimmick match. I think I would have preferred it if it had been in a real bar.

EDIT: I can't wait till Team3D leave TNA.

How can they say that Scott and Rick Steiner are 'Grossly out of shape' what the hell...

Same old Killings, at least as far as I was concerned. The whole segment seemed like a waste of time, the crowd didn't seem that bothered. A few boos and that was about it. They made a bit of noise for Killings.

Fuck TNA.

Seriously, fuck TNA.

If Joe had to lose tonight (and the only reason Angle's win should have even been considered is Angle held a title that isn't really a title), at least let it be clean. No, we get this fucking swerve cheap finish bullshit while they've spent two months preaching this "no glass ceiling in TNA" bullshit.

And to top it off, Joe looks like he's a fucking idiot since he's the one who invited Karen Angle to the show.

Fuck TNA.

I think everyone on this forum with half a brain saw the finish to that main event coming. In a deranged way I think it buried Joe worse losing like that than it would have if he had simply lost clean or if Angle had sorta cheated him. I do have a question though: Who was Karen's "new man?" I sorta wondered if it was Eric Angle, but that is all sorts of creepy.

TNA needs to look at the crowd reactions on this show tonight. Now, I usually think the Orlando crowd are a bunch of fuckholes, but they do at least usually make noise and are into the show. But this show? There were an alarming amount of matches with zero heat and that is mostly due to the booking. Rhino vs. Storm had a bizarre storyline within it and only served to continue Rhino's PPV jobbing. Roode/Young made zero sense either and it's time to END THIS FEUD. Hell, the opener was probably the best actual match but did they not get the memo that Lethal and Dutt are essentially buried at this point? They had a newly revived team job to them in XXX, as well as another hot team in Sabin and Shelley.

I dunno what to think. Joe looks like the biggest douchebag on earth right now for numerous reasons. It wasn't like Karen was simply there for no reason or Kurt invited her....it was JOE that asked her to be there, so he has no one to blame but himself! Further, he elicits little sympathy because he seemed to relish Angle's alleged marital woes, rather than just keeping out of it and focusing on the match. Angle came off like a prick in the way he trashed his wife, but did Joe really come off any better with the way he laughed his ass off at the entire situation?

Where can they even go from here? Abyss is a blatant lame duck challenger merely there for filler and so the new dude Judas Macias can run in to cost him that match.

So Angle is the Champion of Everything now and he needed HIS WIFE to help him cheat. Joe brought that said wife and didn't see it coming.

Well, now they both seem like chumps. Thanks TNA booking.

Perhaps I should wait to see where it's going (as if the booking team even knows where it's going), but why are they going to pursue this Pac Man angle with no guarantee that they can deliver a payoff?

I was going to ask about the pay-per-view, but I read the thread one more time, and realized the ppv sounded worse then any WCW or WWF pay-per-view I can remember.

Guest Kesh
I think everyone on this forum with half a brain saw the finish to that main event coming. In a deranged way I think it buried Joe worse losing like that than it would have if he had simply lost clean or if Angle had sorta cheated him. I do have a question though: Who was Karen's "new man?" I sorta wondered if it was Eric Angle, but that is all sorts of creepy.

TNA needs to look at the crowd reactions on this show tonight. Now, I usually think the Orlando crowd are a bunch of fuckholes, but they do at least usually make noise and are into the show. But this show? There were an alarming amount of matches with zero heat and that is mostly due to the booking. Rhino vs. Storm had a bizarre storyline within it and only served to continue Rhino's PPV jobbing. Roode/Young made zero sense either and it's time to END THIS FEUD. Hell, the opener was probably the best actual match but did they not get the memo that Lethal and Dutt are essentially buried at this point? They had a newly revived team job to them in XXX, as well as another hot team in Sabin and Shelley.

I dunno what to think. Joe looks like the biggest douchebag on earth right now for numerous reasons. It wasn't like Karen was simply there for no reason or Kurt invited her....it was JOE that asked her to be there, so he has no one to blame but himself! Further, he elicits little sympathy because he seemed to relish Angle's alleged marital woes, rather than just keeping out of it and focusing on the match. Angle came off like a prick in the way he trashed his wife, but did Joe really come off any better with the way he laughed his ass off at the entire situation?

Where can they even go from here? Abyss is a blatant lame duck challenger merely there for filler and so the new dude Judas Macias can run in to cost him that match.

I can't believe that they honestly think nobody sees these "swerves" coming. Its blatantly obvious that Mitchells new wrestler will cost Abyss his match with Angle next month. Speaking of Angle, I would guess that Cornette forces him to defend all his titles, besides the IWGP one, at No Surrender in 3 seperate matches. vs Abyss, vs Daniels and vs The Steiners.

I'm not really sure, ironically after mentioning how predictable the product has become, what the main event of BFG will be. I'm not interested in Jarrett vs Angle which I've heard rumors about and Joe vs Angle again just seems kind of done to death.

Freakin' Sting knew Elizabeth was just messing with him when she pretended to be hating on Luger at Starrcade '99. So now, Samoa Joe is dumber than Sting, who is the world's most gullible babyface.

Did anyone not see Karen Angle turning heel as soon as the angle started?

I love reading the reactions to the Joe/Kurt feud. I can't tell if you guys are over-reacting to it or just really upset that Joe lost. The way it sounds how things went, the way the match ended was just an excuse to continue the Kurt vs Joe feud. It's a typical swerve finish but at least it continues the feud.

Actually, re-reading the reactions to some of you guys again. TNA did a great job booking the end of the Joe vs Kurt match, it ended up pissing you all off, TNA didn't book anything bad juding by your reactions to Kurt winning the match. Espically JHawk and Cabbageboy's "Joe is getting buried" reaction.

Giving Angle the win does annoy me as they put far too much of the comapny into that one man. But because of this, Joe's eventual win will mean so much more.

But this does make me feel sick:

untitled.bmp

I love reading the reactions to the Joe/Kurt feud. I can't tell if you guys are over-reacting to it or just really upset that Joe lost. The way it sounds how things went, the way the match ended was just an excuse to continue the Kurt vs Joe feud. It's a typical swerve finish but at least it continues the feud.

Actually, re-reading the reactions to some of you guys again. TNA did a great job booking the end of the Joe vs Kurt match, it ended up pissing you all off, TNA didn't book anything bad juding by your reactions to Kurt winning the match. Espically JHawk and Cabbageboy's "Joe is getting buried" reaction.

...are you a fucking idiot? These reactions are the kind of "I'm severely turned off by this product, and I won't give them any more of my money" reactions that companies should NEVER get. And TNA gets them more and more, and to greater degrees, as time goes on. How is it GOOD that the bookers booked the obvious finish, thus pissing off their entire fanbase and weakening the worth of the one man who SHOULD be their top player? How is that GOOD?! How the fuck is that GOOD BOOKING? Every single star TNA spent time building up into main event talent - Ron Killings, AJ Styles, Samoa Joe, Christopher Daniels, James Storm, Chris Harris - they've thrown to the outside in favor of WWE cast-off's who were fired/released FOR A REASON (with Angle it was refusal to go to rehab and take time off, with the Dudley Boyz it was that their act was dead, with Scott Steiner it was that he was useless).

A run-in or screwjob finish here and there, when the feud is building and is garnering more and more interest, is alright. It makes SENSE. But to have your face - the one guy the fans actually DO get behind, and have been getting behind less and less since you started booking him as a fucking bitch to a past-his-prime alleged drug addict - get jobbed in EVERY big match is fucking horseshit. There's no real emotion to this feud, there's no real sense of urgency to watch, and there's no reason for anybody that's ever invested so much as a fucking dollar in TNA to continue doing so. We pay, and we pay, and we pay, and we get shit on more than Vince McMahon would EVER do to us. Even in the darkest times of the WWF and WCW, there were still workers with heat that put on good matches, there were still feuds here and there worth watching. TNA hasn't had a fucking thing worth watching since the end of the LAX/Styles & Daniels feud, which ended, oh...8 fucking months ago.

I didn't even order this show and I feel ripped off. Fuck you, TNA. Fuck you up your stupid asses.

Well now, let's dissect this bit by bit, shall we?

Senshi/Daniels vs. Dutt/Lethal vs. Shelley/Sabin: the crappiest team won the match. Great job burying XXX in their first PPV match back.

Kaz vs. Raven: does anyone care? Anyone? Besides Kazarian's mom? Seratonin has been so pointlessly misused and ignored that they might as well just cut it. Plus, with the interference, this was Non-Clean Fuck Finish #1 of the night.

Storm vs. Rhino: first of all, if you're gonna do a drunken deathmatch, it needs to be done with REAL alcohol and for comedic purposes. Secondly, remember the first time an angle about a wrestler being an addict got over and drew money? Yeah, me neither. Also, due to rampant drunkeness, this was Non-Clean Fuck Finish #2.

Robert Roode vs. Eric Young: I could not care less. And I like Eric and Traci, personally, I've worked with both of them. But END this goddamn boring endless feud. Also, the babyface loses the match, but our heroic surrogate refuses to honor his promise and instead pours gooey liquid all over a helpless woman? Yep, Russo's booking alright. Also, NCFF#3.

Chris Harris vs. Black Reign: not even a real match. And remember the first time Dustin Rhodes got over and drew money without being called Goldust? Yeah, me neither. NCFF#4.

Steiners vs. Dudleys: okay, they FINALLY have this match, just a year and a half late. And what the fuck, the only clean job the Dudleys do all fuckin' year is to the LAST team that needs extra credibility?!

Golden Shower Jones talks. Apparently the crowd was split right down the middle, between people who hated him and people who didn't care. Also, having him "attacked offscreen" is the lamest fucking thing possible. I know they couldn't do it onscreen, because TNA is run by a bunch of fucking idiots who didn't bother asking the NFL if it was okay if the biggest thug this side of New Jack actually wrestled on their show, but it was still fucking weak.

Six-Man Overcomplicated Hardcore Clusterfuck: first of all, the rules were stupid. Secondly, is it written in goddamned stone that every barbed-wire match ever MUST at some point have one wrestler whip out a pair of wire cutters and start chopping? And the finish, "broken glass", go fuck yourselves TNA. Either 1.it's real glass, so AJ Styles is the biggest goddamn idiot on earth, or MUCH more likely 2.it's the same incredibly obviously fake "glass" that Sting got slammed onto the other week, which makes the audience want to laugh and groan in disgust more than anything. NCFF#5.

Joe vs. Angle:

-I'm tired of this go-nowhere feud

-Putting EVERY BELT IN THE COMPANY on one guy (who is injury-prone and a rumored drug addict) is the stupidest thing TNA has ever done, and sweet jesus does that cover a lot of ground.

-Joe loses the big match AGAIN. Samoa Luger? Samoa Jericho?

-Everyone called the Karen Angle swerve ahead of time.

-Good thing that Accidental Ref Bump happened just in time for Karen to do the swerve in the first place. This is possibly the laziest and worst cliche that Russo uses, the "ref bump sets up a turn from someone interfering" bit, and he uses it ALL THE GODDAMN TIME. Can we just call it the Russo Finish? I mean, if Dusty can have his, surely this even worse booker deserves one named after him. And oh yeah, NCFF#6. SIX OUT OF EIGHT FINISHES WEREN'T CLEAN.

And the funniest bit: you know who Alan Wojcik is? You know, the guy who usually reports the TV taping spoilers to Metlzer. He's also full-time fluffer for TNA's cock, endlessly talking about how great they are and defending all their bullshit decisions. Well, he was told that he was never allowed to bring his laptop (which he uses to write his reports on) to this show or any TNA show ever again, and he said if that doesn't change he ain't coming back. So they just ran off their primary internet reporter and single biggest mark cheerleader for no particular reason.

In conclusion, Fuck TNA.