TSM Forums
Sign in to follow this  
UseTheSledgehammerUh

OaO Monday Night Raw Thread - 08/13/07

DAMMIT! I had called HHH appearing tonight and i posted a bulliten on myspace about me tellin everyone to watch raw for the return of HHH... man do i feel stupid... but im glad i am wrong because that makes his arrival at summerslam SO much more meaning ful

kinda like DX last year... I believe it shouldve been HBK & HHH vs Spirit Squad, and the story is HHH and HBK cant trust each other and reform DX at Vengeance right then and there...

I don't get why HHH didn't come out tonight. It was the exact moment to do it, though I dunno if HHH cares about Lawler enough to bother.

Pretty fun show tonight, though most of it isn't exactly setting up stuff for SS. I am loving the Regal and Simmons stuff on Raw right now though, even if there isn't any particular point to it.

I don't get why HHH didn't come out tonight. It was the exact moment to do it, though I dunno if HHH cares about Lawler enough to bother.

Because it would make zero sense for the company to treat their hardcore New York fans when they can bestow the honor on their loyal Fayetteville contingency...

DAMMIT! I had called HHH appearing tonight and i posted a bulliten on myspace about me tellin everyone to watch raw for the return of HHH... man do i feel stupid... but im glad i am wrong because that makes his arrival at summerslam SO much more meaning ful

Because that's something we're ALL dying to see... :rolleyes:

I was at the show tonight. Don't know how it came off on TV, but except for no HHH it was a really fun show. Loved the main event.

RAW Idol was tremendous

The Randy Orton chants and the Cena Sucks chants were amazing. You could totally hear the difference in the age groups. The 13 year old kids and the girls all LOVE Cena. Everyone else seemed like they shat on him.

First time I actually sorta marked out in a main event, just because of the crowd and the chants.

I knew how the ending would work... Cena pins Carlito, yeah yeah.

Crowd was hot.

I don't remember a lick of wrestling from this show (I fell asleep before the main event, was a bit tired) but man was it entertaining TV. The comedy ball was rolling with Cole and JBL ("this would be timely... if it were WrestleMania 1") and never stopped. Boogeyman singing was great and I actually like this Vince angle. I LOVED the touch of having The Fink intro Volkoff's singing.

Also, they need to seriously consider making the SNME video wall set the permenant Raw set.

Umaga was wondering why John Cena, an educated non-savage who is his enemy, reached to him for help. And then Umaga murdered the Kings of Rest-Holds.

Anyone else think the Backstabber at the attempt was a botch and not an Umaga no-sell? I really liked the Main Event, Booker's segment, and WWE Idol, which were all I saw. Booker's intensity was awesome, and it was really good ring psychology to hear him go from Regal to "What's your problem?"

Anything on Crush? And what's this about Hall and Oates?

Oh, the back cracker spot was definitely a botch. For sure.

My guess, Carlito was supposed to hit it, then Cena FU's him.

I thought the spot came across fine the way it happened, even though it was a botch. Carlito not being able to give Umaga the Backstabber kind of shows continuity in a lot of the wrestlers having trouble slamming him. Remember, Cena almost always falls on his face everytime he tries to FU him. Does that make any sense?

i thought Raw was awesome last night, it just felt like they were having fun and loving their jobs, Regal was absolute gold and when Cole asked Ron what his favorite 80s band was and he said WHAM!!!!!!! i about spit out my water

"Hey, you a gonna rhyme? Is this a the Seaseme Street? Where is a the Cookie Monster?"

Quick question I thought of last night then forgot: Was Armando with the roster around the ring (hard camera side around Duggan) or was that someone in the audience with a hat and sunglasses? Sometimes he appeared far enough in the background to be in the front row, but sometimes it looked like he was right next to Duggan. Maybe he was just a guy there with Fake Konnan. Damn scaling illusions.