TSM Forums
Sign in to follow this  
strummer

*Smackdown Spoilers*

PWI:

Dark Match:

*D'Lo Brown defeated a local wrestler.

Smackdown:

*WWE United States champion MVP comes out and says that he won;t be cleared to box this Saturday on Main Event, but he wants to talk to Matt Hardy. Hardy comes out and MVP challenges him to take the Masterlock Challenge. Chris Masters comes out. Hardy nearly breaks it but MVP kicks him and lays him out.

*Backstage, Vince McMahon and Jonathan Coachman arrive, seeking Vince's illegitimate child.

*WWE Tag Team champions Deuce and Domino defeat The Major Brothers.

Backstage, Vince McMahon and Jonathan Coachman meet with Teddy Long and Kristal Marshall. The Great Khali bursts in protesting that he has a match with Kane later. Coachman reminds Vince of "that time in India" and Vince wonders if Khali could be his son.

*Finlay vs. Jamie Noble is a no contest when Kane hits the ring.

*Chavo Guerrero pinned Shannon Moore.

*Batista comes out and discusses what The Great Khali did to Ric Flair last week. Khali appears on the Titantron. Batista promises to take the World title at Summerslam.

*Vince McMahon and Jonathan Coachman are discussing that anyone could be Vince's son and that it could be The Great Khali or Batista. Big Dick Johnson shows up dressed like a baby and starts dancing.

*Mark Henry defeated unidentified wrestler (It was East Coast indy wrestler Plazma, who worked for Jersey All Pro, among other groups). After the match, Henry takes the mic and says he's not scared of the Undertaker. The lights go out and Undertaker's gong strikes as his music plays. The lights go on and Henry goes to the back but mysteriously there is sand everywhere as he walks to the back.

*Backstage, Kristal Marshall asks Torrie Wilson and Michelle McCool to be her bridesmaids in her wedding to Teddy Long. Victoria walks by with Kenny Dykstra and agrees to be one as well. Kristal says she's picked her bridesmaids. Victoria slaps McCool. McCool slaps Kenny then fights with Victoria. Teddy Long sets up a match between the two.

*Vince McMahon and Jonathan Coachman are walking in the back and encounter Jimmy Wang Yang and Funaki. He wonders if one of them are his son. Kane shows up from behind and says, "Hello, Dad."

*Victoria defeated Michelle McCool after Kenny Dykstra interfered.

*WWE World champion The Great Khali defeated Kane. Finlay interfered. Batista makes the save but gets caught by Khali's claw.

*WWE re-taped the women's bout, this time with Michelle McCool defeating Victoria.

Show over.

Looks like the referees treating matches as shoots almost screwed Michele Mc Cool's Mega Push.

*Mark Henry defeated unidentified wrestler (It was East Coast indy wrestler Plazma, who worked for Jersey All Pro, among other groups). After the match, Henry takes the mic and says he's not scared of the Undertaker. The lights go out and Undertaker's gong strikes as his music plays. The lights go on and Henry goes to the back but mysteriously there is sand everywhere as he walks to the back.

Everyone look out for this jobber. Plazma, face-wise, is IDENTICAL to Randy Orton.

I think I said the same thing last week, but this show is just excessively dull sounding every week on paper. And the result on TV isnt much better. I continue to be underwhelmed. I dont know if its because of their roster being so picked apart from the draft or what exactly, but nothing grabs me as entertaining, nor interesting, on this show at all.

WWE Tag Team champions Deuce and Domino defeat The Major Brothers.

This sounds like a total trainwreck. These teams need someone in there to carry the match, yet they're facing each other? Yikes.

Interested to see Noble/Finlay. Hopefully they got some time before Kane interrupts.

*Mark Henry defeated unidentified wrestler (It was East Coast indy wrestler Plazma, who worked for Jersey All Pro, among other groups). After the match, Henry takes the mic and says he's not scared of the Undertaker. The lights go out and Undertaker's gong strikes as his music plays. The lights go on and Henry goes to the back but mysteriously there is sand everywhere as he walks to the back.[/b.

So The Undertaker has turned into the Marvel character known as The Sandman.

Glad to see that D-Lo got a dark match, D-Lo deserves it.

Holy cow was this a bad show. No joke, this was the worst live show I've ever been to. There was NOTHING absolutely NOTHING entertaining, exciting, or enjoyable about this show, except for D-Lo Brown. The crowd was silent throughout literally 95% of Smackdown and all of ECW, in fact about 45% of the crowd left after Smackdown, and didn't even come back for ECW. Khali vs Kane was one of the worst matches I've ever seen live as well, just horrible. The majority of the "match" was Khali just putting Kane in rest holds. On the bright side, I got my picture with Balls Mahoney after the show, but it still wasn't enough so save this miserable experience.

Holy cow was this a bad show. No joke, this was the worst live show I've ever been to. There was NOTHING absolutely NOTHING entertaining, exciting, or enjoyable about this show, except for D-Lo Brown. The crowd was silent throughout literally 95% of Smackdown and all of ECW, in fact about 45% of the crowd left after Smackdown, and didn't even come back for ECW. Khali vs Kane was one of the worst matches I've ever seen live as well, just horrible. The majority of the "match" was Khali just putting Kane in rest holds. On the bright side, I got my picture with Balls Mahoney after the show, but it still wasn't enough so save this miserable experience.

Shit, half of the crowd left after SD? I havent seen ECW yet (its on the DVR) but I fully expect a heatless crowd then.

I always found people leaving before the end of a show stupid, even if it sucks. I'm pretty sure the tickets were not free, so they essentially threw their moeny away by walking out.

Still, sounds like a pretty shitty show all the same....

Smackdown has become such a hoss show with Khali, Masters, Kane, Batista, and Mark Henry on it every week. The draft has really hurt Smackdown along with the poor writing as of late.

Smackdown has become such a hoss show with Khali, Masters, Kane, Batista, and Mark Henry on it every week. The draft has really hurt Smackdown along with the poor writing as of late.

Without Edge or Taker, Smackdown is really hurting for some main event guys who can actually work a match. Batista is losing heat and he needs to be carried to a good match, and then we have Khali who is improving, but he's still a Giant with a limited moveset.

How long was Finlay/Noble before Kane came out?

How long was Finlay/Noble before Kane came out?

It went slightly under 5 minutes, and was mostly just Finlay stiffing Noble and working the leg.

Glad to see that D-Lo got a dark match, D-Lo deserves it.

When did D-Lo get signed? Or was it a try out match?

No idea. I MIGHT find out more information next weekend (Aug 24th and 25) as he's doing a training seminar with the promotion I train with and he's also working a show for us the next night. So I'm pretty much gonna talk to him for a good part of that weekend but I'm not gonna hold my breathe about finding out more information about what happen with the WWE.

*Mark Henry defeated unidentified wrestler (It was East Coast indy wrestler Plazma, who worked for Jersey All Pro, among other groups). After the match, Henry takes the mic and says he's not scared of the Undertaker. The lights go out and Undertaker's gong strikes as his music plays. The lights go on and Henry goes to the back but mysteriously there is sand everywhere as he walks to the back.[/b.

Build towards a Buried Alive match at SummerSlam.

Damn, I wish I hadn't deleted that recent NOAH show where D'Lo and Buchanan had a GHC Tag Title shot. With Buchanan and Rikio it was a pretty stale match, but D'Lo busting a splash from the top rope over the guardrail onto the announcers table on the over side was quite a sight.

Guest Big Rob

Build towards a Buried Alive match at SummerSlam.

Undertaker's returning at Unforgiven.

Damn, I wish I hadn't deleted that recent NOAH show where D'Lo and Buchanan had a GHC Tag Title shot. With Buchanan and Rikio it was a pretty stale match, but D'Lo busting a splash from the top rope over the guardrail onto the announcers table on the over side was quite a sight.

Is there a internet video of this?

I think the splash he's talking about is part of a clip video on YouTube.

I want a Thuggin and Buggin Enterprises reformation with Long, D'Lo and Henry.

*Deuce & Domino vs. Major Brothers

*Jamie Noble vs. Fit Finlay

*Shannon Moore vs. Chavo Guerrero

*Mark Henry vs. ?

*Michelle McCool vs. Victoria

*Great Khali vs. Kane in a non-title match

An interesting deal with McCool vs. Victoria is they did two matches at the tapings, with each going over in one. So if I have to make a bet, it's that McCool goes over on TV tonight, but we'll see. Expect some major editing in the main event, as I got several live reports saying it was one of the worst matches ever.

I might just tune in for the main event to see if it really is that bad.

Finlay/Noble had the potential to be good if they gave it enough instead of doing the interference from Kane. The match was good while it lasted.

There's a tiny clip of D'Lo's splash at 3:09 in this vid http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9ybedW0prUU.

I'd like to see the TAKA match in it's entirety. Looked like a fun one. TAKE was always a jobber favorite of mine in the E, even when he was taking face plants in the Royal Rumble.

Okay, that D'Lo match.. or I guess various matches spliced together? That was fucking great... seeing him take a T-Bone but roll thru to nail a Shining Wizard was just sick. Same with his splash over the rail...