TSM Forums
Sign in to follow this  
Youth N Asia

Priest arrested...

http://www.thedenverchannel.com/news/13848179/detail.html

Priest Accused Of Jogging Nude Now On Leave

Conviction Would Require Rev. Robert Whipkey To Register As Sex Offender

FREDERICK, Colo. -- A Catholic priest facing an indecent exposure charge after police said he went jogging in the nude about an hour before sunrise was placed on administrative leave Thursday.

The Rev. Robert Whipkey told officers he had been running naked at the Frederick High School track and didn't think anyone would be around at that time of day, a police report said.

He told officers he sweats profusely if he wears clothing while jogging. "I'm a heavy man, and wearing clothing while running makes me sweat profusely," Whipkey was quoted as saying in the police report. "I know what I did was wrong," he said in the report.

In a statement, the Archdiocese of Denver said Whipkey previously was investigated for "inappropriate personal behavior" more than eight years ago when he was the pastor of St. Anthony's Parish in Sterling, Colo.

Details were not released by the archdiocese, but a 7NEWS viewer said six families left St. Anthony's in Sterling after Whipkey allegedly gave nude "sex talks" to 11-year-old boys while on a three-day camping trip.

"Father Whipkey's conduct eight years ago did not involve any physical or sexual contact with another individual," the archdiocese said in a statement, adding the behavior was reported to authorities.

No charges were filed and Whipkey entered therapy. No other complaints from parishioners had been filed since, the archdiocese said.

Robyn Ciaravola, who lives across the street from Whipkey’s home at the St. Theresa rectory in Frederick, told the Longmnt Times-Call that she has often seen Whipkey walking around naked through a window of his home during the three years she’s lived in the house.

"All of his drapes are always open, and he’s basically nude in the house," she said. "I have no problem with what someone does in his house, but he should close the drapes."

Whipkey did not return phone messages. His attorney, Doug Tisdale, told the Times-Call that Whipkey had no comment.

Les Onorato is a parishioner at St. Theresa's Catholic Church where Rev. Whipkey officiates. "And he's a very very nice gentleman. I wouldn't think anything like this of him," said Onorato.

Whipkey, 53, was arrested June 22 in this small town about 20 miles north of Denver. An officer said he saw a naked man walking down the street at 4:35 a.m. The U.S. Naval Observatory Web site said sunrise that day in Frederick was 5:31 a.m.

The officer said when he shined his flashlight at the man, he covered himself with a piece of clothing he was carrying.

Some residents are disturbed by the report.

"We have a lot of kids in this neighborhood, so I find it kind of disrespectful," said Frederick resident Sean Smith.

"And a man in his position, it surprises me. You can buy a pair of boxers that are pretty thin to help you with that. So, I really don't buy that story," said Smith.

According to the report, Whipkey also told officers this was the first time he had gone jogging in public without wearing any clothes.

The Archdiocese of Denver said it takes the incident seriously but is awaiting the outcome of the case. Whipkey also officiates at parishes in the nearby towns of Mead and Erie.

If convicted of indecent exposure, a misdemeanor, he would have to register as a sex offender, prosecutors said. He could also face up to 18 months in jail.

It was not clear why the June incident was not reported by the newspaper until this week. The Archdiocese learned of incident a week after it happened.

Guest Soriano's Torn Quad

The naked jogging doesn't bother me so much as

Whipkey allegedly gave nude "sex talks" to 11-year-old boys while on a three-day camping trip.

This is what I'd like to see it come down to for my favorite denomination:

1) Change the rules so that you're not always hiring gay pedophiles as priests, or

2) you lose your tax-exempt status.

Why is it that stories about pedo priests always revolve around boys, anyway? You rarely hear a story about a priest raping young girls.

Or because priests are interested in boys, being homosexual and all, not to mention that the prerequisites of the job weed out well-adjusted people and leave it to to sexually deviant NAMBLA types who can finally achieve social acceptance and respect in this occupation, as well as achieving access to young boys.

"All of his drapes are always open, and he’s basically nude in the house," she said. "I have no problem with what someone does in his house, but he should close the drapes."

...What a bitch. Don't like it, don't look.

Maybe he's doing nekkid jumping jacks in front of a giant floor-to-ceiling window that directly faces her house.

Or because priests are interested in boys, being homosexual and all

But that's part of my question, why are most of the molesting priests gay? Why not more straight priests?

Because like I said, the idea of being an admired and respected spiritual leader appeals to people whose sexual tendencies make them unadmired and disrespected by society, so they hide it by entering the priesthood, and are rewarded with young boys to supervise and molest.

A pedophile doesn't count as gay. That a completely different arena. Like, if you were to fuck female sheep exclusively, that wouldn't make you "straight".

Because like I said, the idea of being an admired and respected spiritual leader appeals to people whose sexual tendencies make them unadmired and disrespected by society, so they hide it by entering the priesthood, and are rewarded with young boys to supervise and molest.

You seem to know an awful lot about the psychology of a homosexual.

Maybe he's doing nekkid jumping jacks in front of a giant floor-to-ceiling window that directly faces her house.

I doubt it. More likely she's ashamed of her own nudity and has to take it out on others. If he was some hot choir boy, she wouldn't be complaining.

Or maybe she's just a prude and would've complained even if Orlando Bloom had waggled it at her. If she's right, then he was constantly walking around naked with ALL the windows wide open. It would be hard not to see him, sooner or later.

Because like I said, the idea of being an admired and respected spiritual leader appeals to people whose sexual tendencies make them unadmired and disrespected by society, so they hide it by entering the priesthood

Nah, I ain't buying it. What you said would apply to pedos attracted to girls just as much as the ones who dig boys. And yes, the priests have greater access to boys than girls, but that's hardly enough reason for a pervert to devote his entire life to the cloth. It'd be WAY easier and more cost effective for him to become a Cub Scout leader or something.