TSM Forums
Sign in to follow this  
RonL21

The OAO Thread For The Twentieth Annual SummerSlam Games

It figures...the WWE ppvs I don't buy have mostly clean finishes (Backlash, One Night Stand, GAB) and the ones I do buy Vengeance and Summerslam are full of bullshit.

Atleast last year had the pretty decent Flair/Foley match-up.

Edit: I hate to only complain so I will add in that I enjoyed the Punk/Morrison match until the finish, HHH/Booker was ok, and Kane/Finlay had a decent outing for what it was.

Nick Hogan was just in a real bad car accident according to Alvarez and Rajah

From TMZ:

Hulk Hogan's son Nick was seriously injured in a car accident tonight in Clearwater, Fl.

Law enforcement tells TMZ the accident occurred around 7:31 p.m. ET tonight. According to police, a Toyota Supra, driven by Nick Bollea (Hogan's real name), was traveling at a very high rate of speed when it lost control and hit a raised median. The car was flipped around and the back end hit a palm tree. The impact, we're told, "destroyed the entire car." The two male occupants were flown by Medivac helicopter from the accident scene to a hospital in St Petersburg. We're told both injuries are "very very serious."

The accident happened on Court Street, a main drag in downtown Clearwater, causing the entire street to be shut down for hours.

No 911 call was made to police. The accident was actually called in by an officer who rolled up right after the crash happened.

Oh my.

UPDATE, from PerezHilton:

A male passenger was critically injured in the awful accident, but police are saying that it was not Nick Hogan.

We all saw this coming, didn't we?

Half of Unforgiven seems booked already. Orton/Cena II, Morrison/Punk IV, Batista/Khali II, and Booker/HHH II.

For those who saw it, what were the star ratings for the various matches?

Cena winning again is hilarious, but I agree that it was the correct decision. Orton winning would be much more enjoyable, but it would be a matter of weeks (maybe even days) before he would fuck up and the title would go back to Cena anyway. At least have him finally lose it to someone who might keep it a while.

The booking of this PPV seems so odd. I can understand Cena winning because, like it or not, he is the Golden Boy. Punk and Batista are getting into serious Luger territory though and unless they end up winning the titles they are chasing their characters will never be as strong. There has already been damage done.

Can someone give me a quick rundown of results?

Kane pinned Finlay clean after a chokeslam.

Umaga retained via samoan spike on Kennedy.

Mysterio (looking like the silver surfer) pinned Chavo.

Beth Phoenix won the battle royal.

Morrison pinned Punk using the ropes, but that was botched.

HHH pinned Booker via Pedigree after missed Houston Hangover.

Khali was DQ'd for hitting Batista with a chair.

Cena pinned Orton via FU.

Sorry for the 70+ who picked Orton. Cena winning was the right move.

bullshit. I mean the motherfucker has had the belt for a fucking eternity. Its not just stale, its not just old, its mother fucking ridiculous. What I wouldn't give for the fans to throw trash in the ring on raw when he comes out. No, not because of the person john cena but because of the character and to send a message to mcmahon about the booking. He might not have the attitude of a hulk hogan but the end result is the same....same old shit.

God will it ever end.

This was just a very average show, offering nothing much different from what you'd see on any regular Raw or Smackdown. Rey-Chavo and Cena-Orton were probably the best matches of the night, but that's not saying much. The latter was dominated by Orton restholds with a hot last couple minutes.

I want to say I was disappointed by Punk-Morrison, but their other PPV matches weren't anywhere near great. The finish looked sloppy, and I'm glad they saved the cheap roll-up with rope assistance win for the big Summerslam match. Khali-Batista was just bad, and the DQ finish was trash. If they really wanted to continue the feud with a DQ finish, why not just have both guys get out of control, knock out referee after referee, and brawl into the entrance for a double DQ? As it was, Khali grabbed a chair and lightly hit Batista over the back with it, only to get speared by Batista within 30 seconds or so.

HHH-Book was exactly what I was expecting. HHH does look lighter and younger, and I'm actually glad to see him back as long as DX is dead.

For the PPV as a whole, easily a thumbs down. Nothing worth going out of your way to see.

Hooray for Cena going over. Get that year long reign, Johnny! You earned it.

I thought Kane vs Finlay was pretty good to be honest. Regal dancing around with Coach and Cryme Tyme was also pretty funny. Those last two statements make me think I'm amused far too easily. I thought Rey's "Silver Surfer" outfit was an interesting choice.

And I don't know if it was the volume setting on my TV or something, but Jesus, the pops for Austin and HHH were the loudest I've heard on TV in ages.

For those who saw it, what were the star ratings for the various matches?

I didn't watch it but the recapper at 411mania gave nothing over ** except Rey vs Chavo ** 1/2 and Cena vs Orton ***3/4, ne even gave a DUD rating for Batista vs Khali.

I still hate Cena. Orton carried his ass tonight.

What is it with Cena inventing his own moves... like shitty ones?

like, a shitty death valley driver/firemans carry slam, a shitty stf, and a super shitty supposed to be a spinning neck breaker but i can't work worth a shit thing.

Can someone give me a quick rundown of results?

Kane pinned Finlay clean after a chokeslam.

Umaga retained via samoan spike on Kennedy.

Mysterio (looking like the silver surfer) pinned Chavo.

Beth Phoenix won the battle royal.

Morrison pinned Punk using the ropes, but that was botched.

HHH pinned Booker via Pedigree after missed Houston Hangover.

Khali was DQ'd for hitting Batista with a chair.

Cena pinned Orton via FU.

No title changes at all on a major PPV, very strange booking that.

I've seen that shitty neckbreaker too. What about the "fisherman's" suplex he does? You either hold the leg, or you don't.

Bret Hart used to do that suplex. It's just how he does them; it's a vertical suplex with the thigh used as the handhold rather than the trunks.

I'm Curious....If Cena deserves a one year reign like some say..

Didnt Bret, rock, and Austin deserve one year reigns too?