TSM Forums
Sign in to follow this  
Twisted Intestine

This is why I don't like Religion

Guest Tzar Lysergic

I've been into meditation lately. There's no spiritual focus, though, unless "spiritual" references an extension of consciousness as opposed to the supernatural.

Looks like you're one o' them self-hatin' Jews.

I'm pretty sure everything I stated as fact is true. Earth would be better without man. THAT IS TRUE. No matter what way you look at it.

If it's a provable fact, then prove it. With math.

How am I supposed to do that? Number of forrests we cut down x number of species we kill x amount of air and water pollution we create x the number of years we've been here?

And how does killing trees and animals hurt the Earth?

Seriously.

It sure as hell hurts those individual flora and fauna, and may have secondary effect hurting the various other lifeforms that depend upon them for sustinence or whatever. But eventually the "ripple effect" fades out. After all, look at the various meteor craters all over this planet. We've been hit by rocks with such force that it makes our biggest atomics look like goddamn firecrackers. After those impacts, such massive amounts of crap were hurled into the sky that they caused instant ice ages. And yet, life is still here, and flourishing. The world keeps on turnin'.

You win. I will continue to think we are a nasty, vile, poor excuse for a species who refuse to live up to their full potential. But you win.

Nothing will matter anyways once the sun burns out~! All of it, a moo point!

Oh I think it's quite possible that all humans might be killed off someday. I imagine some kind of scenario like The Stand where some fool engineers a virus so effective that it kills off the entire population. Or we could go the tradtional "nuke each other til our ashes glow" method. That is entirely possible.

Guest Soriano's Torn Quad

Sit back, relax, and strap it down, because it's time to see who can out-battlebeat the other in a game of wits when Jingus faces off against the lovechild of CronoT, cynicalprofit, and...well...Jingus.

How come more people aren't utilizing the latest version of Firefox, which has a built-in spell check?

How come idiots like you keep on posting these one sentence replies, while not adding anything one way or the other to the subject?

Wow, you can spell! Congrats, you fucking moron.

Your positive attitude is a breath of fresh air in these times of religious dominance. I can't see why more people aren't willing to hear out non-religious people like yourself. Is a result of coming off like an irrational, hate-filled dumbass? Probably not.

And for the record, I was actually referring to B@RTOK's posts, but if you'd like to put yourself in that boat, be my guest.

Shut the fuck up daredevil.

The Pterodactyl-Suited guy in the back cracks me up every time.

He got all dressed in that getup to halfway whack off.

Compared to that, hard to have a bad day.

How come more people aren't utilizing the latest version of Firefox, which has a built-in spell check?

How come idiots like you keep on posting these one sentence replies, while not adding anything one way or the other to the subject?

Wow, you can spell! Congrats, you fucking moron.

Your positive attitude is a breath of fresh air in these times of religious dominance. I can't see why more people aren't willing to hear out non-religious people like yourself. Is a result of coming off like an irrational, hate-filled dumbass? Probably not.

And for the record, I was actually referring to B@RTOK's posts, but if you'd like to put yourself in that boat, be my guest.

Sorry. I was only being mean because people were pissing me off and I thought you were talking to me.

In news of hating religion, since I want to be a stand up comic, I've started doing schtick to strangers in the street to see what gets a good reaction, and the best one is actually about Jesus.

I stop people and say "Excuse me, can I have a moment of your time? I'd like to talk to you about Jesus." And they make some excuse about how they're in a hurry, and then I say "No, actually what I was going to say was that I hate him and he sucks." Which most people are actually surprised by, and apparently usually people who aren't foreign have a cursory appreciation of Jesus at least, and I get asked why and I say "One time I took a bunch of acid and he beat the shit out of me." It cracks everybody up. Try it! But don't steal it.

In news of hating religion, since I want to be a stand up comic, I've started doing schtick to strangers in the street to see what gets a good reaction, and the best one is actually about Jesus.

I stop people and say "Excuse me, can I have a moment of your time? I'd like to talk to you about Jesus." And they make some excuse about how they're in a hurry, and then I say "No, actually what I was going to say was that I hate him and he sucks." Which most people are actually surprised by, and apparently usually people who aren't foreign have a cursory appreciation of Jesus at least, and I get asked why and I say "One time I took a bunch of acid and he beat the shit out of me." It cracks everybody up. Try it! But don't steal it.

That is possibly the funniest joke I have heard. Good job.

And how does killing trees and animals hurt the Earth?

I gotta say that this is one of the most inane arguments I've read online in a long time.

Generally, Jingus, when environmentalists talk about protecting "the earth," they are talking about life on earth, not the actual rocks that make up the earth.

Knowledgable people in this thread. Furthermore,

Did I say anything that lacked knowledge? Nope, I'm pretty sure everything I stated as fact is true. Everything else, I made very clear that they are my personal opinions. So, I think that Earth would be better without man. THAT IS TRUE. No matter what way you look at it.

It would be better if wishy washy, less than half-heartedly commited to their ideals and content to spout off retarded 'fuck it all i'm gonna go watch some some tv instead' one liners type people like you killed yourself to make room for another useful person to take your place and do something positive. You are wrong, you are fucking stupid, you are worthless. And that is a goddamned fact. The fatalism you throw around is far worse that anything you've rallied against here.

Yeah.. I stopped caring about this thread like 2-3 weeks ago.

But I've got an argument better than yours.. try this one on for size;

YOU are wrong, YOU are a moron, YOU are going to die.

Once again, someone saying I'm wrong, without pointing out anything good humans have done for earth.

Some far more than others. For example, I love my cats. But if I was in one of those Madman With A Gun situations where I ran into a dude with a gun in each hand, one aimed at a kitty, and the other pointed at a human, and he stopped babbling in tongues long enough to demand me to choose which one he shot, guess what? Bye-bye pussy. The interests of humans supercede the interests of lower lifeforms. We are more important than them. And even if we weren't, shit, they can't stop us anyway.

Once again, someone saying I'm wrong, without pointing out anything good humans have done for earth.

Your self loathing and need for positive feedback(no matter what form it takes) prompted you to post this thread, and then follow it. You didn't get the feedback you wanted, but are content with any attention anyway. You won't allow yourself to stop caring about it until everyone else does, and you can't get what you crave. It would be sad if it wasn't so sickening. Let's go play some Halo and forget about our worries instead, ok? It's cool, we can leave other people to care about things.

Also, I demand that you answer my points, instead of grabbing the grouchy shit and trying to divert us away from our topic of discussion.

The interests of humans supercede the interests of lower lifeforms. We are more important than them.

How so?

Your self loathing and need for positive feedback(no matter what form it takes) prompted you to post this thread, and then follow it. You didn't get the feedback you wanted, but are content with any attention anyway. You won't allow yourself to stop caring about it until everyone else does, and you can't get what you crave. It would be sad if it wasn't so sickening. Let's go play some Halo and forget about our worries instead, ok? It's cool, we can leave other people to care about things.

Also, I demand that you answer my points, instead of grabbing the grouchy shit and trying to divert us away from our topic of discussion.

The interests of humans supercede the interests of lower lifeforms. We are more important than them.

How so?

...I don't understand you. Answer what points? All you've said is that I'd rather watch TV. You called me wrong, and name called a little. What the fuck points have you made for me to answer?

Edit: Oh, maybe your point is that I made this thread for positive feedback. Well, actually, I didn't. I made this thread because I thought the video was funny. Like I said, I probably misnamed it. I didn't expect people to actually start arguing religion.

Some far more than others. For example, I love my cats. But if I was in one of those Madman With A Gun situations where I ran into a dude with a gun in each hand, one aimed at a kitty, and the other pointed at a human, and he stopped babbling in tongues long enough to demand me to choose which one he shot, guess what? Bye-bye pussy. The interests of humans supercede the interests of lower lifeforms. We are more important than them. And even if we weren't, shit, they can't stop us anyway.

I'd choose the human. Well, unless it was a cute girl. Then I'd let him blast the cat in hopes of getting thank you sex.