TSM Forums
Sign in to follow this  
JohnnyBlaze

Fall Programming

looking forward to this fall tv season..so many shows to watch. I'm definitely chomping at the bit waiting for heroes season 2. I have a reaper on my radar, and my girlfriend managed to get me hooked up in lincoln heights (don't ask, but if you watch season starts on the 4th). Anythign else I should be checking out?

After hearing how he defeats the first demon in REAPER, my interest died a horrible death. FLASH GORDON was worth a look but I want it canned for being incredibly boring and making Ming the worst villain in a long time.

I'm going to give Pushing Daisies a shot and I'll watch Criminal Minds but I don't think that'll last long with both Thomas Gibson and Mandy being off the show. I cannot see it lasting long without him, sorta like Chicago Hope. I might even watch the first episodes of CAVEMEN and CarPoolers but I have extremely low expectations of them and their survival.

HOUSE is going to be awesome, end of that story.

Flash Gordon is perfect for the Sci-Fi channel's Friday night line up as it fits somewhere in the middle of the action adventure block between Painkiller Jane and Dr. Who. Flash Gordon is like BSG where it is completely updated/changed everything to make it less 70's cheese and more modern. Flash is a track&field star, Dale is a tv reporter, and the scientist used to work with Flash's father, Ming is more like a politician. Out of the original Sci-Fi channel programming I would rank it #4.

Bolded stuff is what Im really looking forward to.

Mondays:

Prison Break on FOX at 8

Chuck on NBC at 8

Journeyman on NBC at 10

Tuesdays:

Reaper at 9 on CW

Wednesdays:

Pushing Daisies at 8 on ABC

Kitchen Nightmares at 9 on FOX

Bionic Woman at 9 on NBC

Thursday

My Name is Earl at 8 on NBC

Friday

Smackdown on CW

Saturday

--

Sunday

Simpsons/Family Guy/American Dad on FOX

After hearing how he defeats the first demon in REAPER, my interest died a horrible death.

SPOILER YOU FUCKIN ASS.

Jeez.

Monday:

Heroes

Prison Break

Chuck

K-Ville

Tuesday:

House

Reaper

Wednesday:

Bionic Woman

Gossip Girl (Just because Kristen Bell is narrating)

Thursday:

My Name is Earl

The Office

ER

And the Sarah Connor Chronicles, though I didn't see when it will be on.

God, this fall doesn't have shit on. And Veronica Mars got canceled for this crap? Bullshit.

I'll watch Criminal Minds but I don't think that'll last long with both Thomas Gibson and Mandy being off the show.

FUCK! I love criminal minds, and this is the 1st time I've heard about them leaving. I saw something about Mandy just quitting, whats up with that?

How is the actor leaving the show a spoiler? CBS is the ones who announced it. I haven't even heard if he's in the new season and Gibson's character was fired the last episode of last season. He may be back but I'm not sure.

I know nothing about the actual episodes, just that CBS said Mandy had left the show for personal reasons.

I'll watch Criminal Minds but I don't think that'll last long with both Thomas Gibson and Mandy being off the show.

FUCK! I love criminal minds, and this is the 1st time I've heard about them leaving. I saw something about Mandy just quitting, whats up with that?

He is saying creative but CBS is claiming it was personal reasons. All I know is they were about to start shooting and Mandy basically said "screw this" and didn't show up.

I stopped watching Criminal Minds when the crimes just became shock value for the sake of shock value, and they had needless plot twists for the sake of it. And the "Hey, we'll show you the killer but not his face OMG" got really old

Monday:

Heroes

24 (well in the Winter)

Prison Break

Tuesday:

House

Wednesday:

South Park

Bionic Woman (might see what the hype is about)

Thursday:

College Football

Friday:

Smackdown

Saturday:

Naruto

Sunday:

Simpsons

American Dad

Family Guy

He is saying creative but CBS is claiming it was personal reasons. All I know is they were about to start shooting and Mandy basically said "screw this" and didn't show up.

That sucks. They keep dropping cast members, and never usually good.

I'm going to watch at least the pilot of Cavemen.

I'll watch Dexter, NBC's comedies on Thursday, and then switch over to Without a Trace. Maybe I'll try some other new shows, but other than that, there's nothing until Lost and 24 start in the winter.

After hearing how he defeats the first demon in REAPER, my interest died a horrible death.

SPOILER YOU FUCKIN ASS.

Because of this, flaming and trolling are FORBIDDEN in any other folder on this board. If you see someone doing so, PM a staff member and appropriate action will be taken.

Looking at the fall grid at thefutoncritic:

Monday:

How I Met Your Mother

WWE RAW

(K-Ville sounds intriguing)

Tuesday:

Damages

ECW

Wednesday:

Might check out Back to You or Pushing Daisies

And Gossip Girl has Blake Lively

Thursday:

NBC comedies, except for Scrubs

Without a Trace

Friday:

WWE Smackdown

Friday Night Lights

Sunday:

Football Night in America

Shark

Oh Bob, you so crazy.

As for me.. I don't have a daily schedule, just a list of shows I'm interested in watching this season:

Heroes, Prison Break and Dexter are my only real interests. Though Dexter might be a wait for DVD thing because I don't think I get a channel that carries it.

Oh and possibly Smallville. It depends. If they don't bite the bullet and ACTUALLY kill off one of Clark's many annoying girlfriends I'm going to give up on that show for good.

Ah, the REAPER part. Considering it's a show about hunting demons (again, straight from Kevin Smith and the CW), I would think it would be obvious he would defeat a demon. Not like I said how he did it, just he does it. That's like saying the guys on Supernatural defeat a ghost is a spoiler. It's the premise of the show.

Speaking of Supernatural, I'm kinda interested to see how they get out of the little situation they set up at the end of last season with the whole soul selling. Man, the CW has a lot of shows dealing with souls. Maybe they should have made a show about a soul /blues singer who sells his soul so he can get a super guitar to try and win back the soul of the woman he loved.

Ah, the REAPER part. Considering it's a show about hunting demons (again, straight from Kevin Smith and the CW), I would think it would be obvious he would defeat a demon. Not like I said how he did it, just he does it. That's like saying the guys on Supernatural defeat a ghost is a spoiler. It's the premise of the show.

Seriously. I've seen tv spots that "spoil" more than what you did above (ie: nothing).

Prison Break (although I need to watch the season 2 DVD when it comes out next week)

The Office

I'll be watching wrestling, too. I am curious enough to probably watch the first episode of Cavemen to see how bad it'll be. After these, I'll be waiting for 24 and The Shield to return.

I'm looking foward most to Cane. I hope it does good cause it sounds intriguing. Other than that, Raw, ECW, 24(it better be better than last year), Shield, ECW, Smackdown and probably the Caveman show for shits and giggles.

The Shield usually doesn't start till January or March-ish. so there's a wait on that...Nip/Tuck will be back in fall time though. And The Wire will probably be back around spring