TSM Forums
Sign in to follow this  
cmpunk04

TNA Impact spoilers

All the results for the next two episodes of Impact...

Credit: Richard Trionfo & PWInsider.com

TNA taped the next two episodes of Impact tonight, leading up to the No Surrender PPV, in Orlando, Florida at Universal Studios Soundstage 21. Complete results of the taping featured:

Impact 8/30

*Team 3D vs. The Motor City Machine Guns was announced, but before it could begin Scott Steiner came out. He tells Chris Sabin and Alex Shelley to get out of the ring. Steiner brawls with Team 3D. He has control of the situation and goes to get a table. Devon attacks Steiner and they nail him with the 3D. Devon grabs several chairs. Ray sets a chair on Steiner's throat, playing off his surgery, and Devon nails it with another chair. Brother Ray said that Steiner would be going back to the hospital. Security comes to the ring to clear it. Security tries to help Steiner to the back. 3D attack security and bring Steiner back into the ring. They set up a table in the ring. They lay out Steiner through it. Steiner does a stretcher job.

*Alex Shelley and Chris Sabin return to the ring. Sabin says that no team can match them for their total sexiness. Shelley says that TNA needs some heroes and they challenge anyone to face them and bump up the ratings. Voodoo Kin Mafia come out...

*The Voodoo Kin Mafia defeated The Motor City Machine Guns in under 90 seconds. Kip James gets the mic and asks if they are any tag teams that want to challenge them. LAX, XXX and Eric Young & Shark Boy all come out. All four rings brawl in the ring. It settles down to LAX and Young/Shark Boy.

*Sting defeated AJ Styles, Christian Cage and Samoa Joe in order to become the new TNA Tag team champion (with Kurt Angle). Samoa Joe had the Samoan dance troupe for his entrance. Before the match started, TNA Everything champion Kurt Angle and Karen Angle came to ringside to watch. Sting forced Styles to tape to the Scorpion Deathlock. Before the finish, Joe was given the Unprettier on the floor by Cage and was out for awhile. Cage and Styles were discussing how to finish off Sting. Cage goes to get a chair but Joe stops him from getting back in the ring and they brawl to the back. Sting is down in the ring. Styles tried to distract the referee as Tomko interferes. Styles only gets a two count. Sting forces Styles to tap.

*After the match, Sting gets his belt from Kurt Angle and Karen raises their hand. The Angles leave. Ron Killings and Pacman Jones attack Sting (well, Killings did) and Jones spraypaints Sting's back. Angle makes the save.

TNA Today or Road to No Surrender Bout (not sure)

*Eric Young & Shark Boy defeated Sonjay Dutt & Petey Williams when Young hit a double death valley driver on Williams.

Impact 9/6

*Tomko defeated Kaz. During the bout, Robert Roode and Traci Brooks come out. Roode tries to interfere but it backfires. Kaz hits a baseball slide on Roode and brawls with him. After the match, Brooks checks on Kaz but Roode yells at her and attacks him. Tomko gets in Roode's face and shoves him to the mat.

*Samoa Joe defeated Raven. AJ Styles comes out with a kendo stick and hits Joe to try and help Raven. Joe chokes out Raven. After the match, Joe pulls Styles into the ring. Tomko hits the ring, followed by Christian Cage. Christian hits Joe with a chair. They handcuff Joe to the ropes. The members of Samoa Joe's dance troupe tried to protect Joe but they were laid out. They hit a One Man Conchairto to one of the dancers while Joe is cuffed to the ropes. Security comes out and they uncuff Joe. Joe grabs a kendo stick and runs off in pursuit of Cage and company.

*Abyss and Jay Lethal defeated TNA Tag Team champions Kurt Angle and Sting in a non-title match when Abyss pinned Angle with the Black Hole Slam. During the match, Karen came to the ring. Angle picked her up and carried her back to the stage. He backed up into Abyss and they began fighting. Abyss had Sting and Angle for a double chokeslam, but Abyss decided to let Sting go. Abyss had Angle set up for a powerslam, but Angle escaped. He hit an Olympic Slam. He went for the Ankle Lock but Abyss escaped and hit the Black Hole Slam for a three count. After the match, Abyss retrieved a bag of something from under the ring. Jim Mitchell comes out and Abyss sees him, then chases Mitchell to the back. Angle is still down in the ring, so Pacman Jones and Ron Killings come out through the crowd and attack Sting, then spraypaint Angle's back.

Xplosion:

*Robert Roode pinned Homicide with a Perfectplex.

*Gail Kim & Chris Harris defeated BG James & Roxxi after Gail pinned Roxxi with a missile dropkick. The women were the showcase of the bout.

I seriously don't understand the treatment of Sabin/Shelley. These guys showed potential greatness as a team when they weren't technically teaming in TNA. Now that they do team they are jobbing to everyone on earth.

They should do a loosing streak gimmick, then have Nash become a trainer to them. Kinda like what Douglas did to The Naturals, only funnier and actually give it a finish.

Kurt Angle is in an interesting position. He's a heel or face depending on what the situation calls for. Looks like they're also "making an example" of Joe since he seems to be on his way out. I'm also not a big fan of Raven losing to EVERYONE (I can understand him losing to Joe, but I cant remember the last time he won a match).

Holy fuck the "main event" scene is just a huge clusterfuck. Who are the fucking heels?!

I guess the fans, since they are punishing us with that mess. I really can't tell what the hell is going on anymore, everything is out of control chaos that makes zero sense.

I love how they're paying Pacman Jones more money than anyone else in the company to literally stand around and do nothing.

And Haws brings up a good point: when IS the last time Raven won a match? Hell, when's the last time he wrestled on Impact? Why does TNA even bother employing this guy when they barely use him at all? When every source available is reporting that Joe is NOT staying, why does he still get to keep beating people on his way out?

TNA goes ahead and books every match where a has-been beats a homegrown guy.

Which time? I counted three of 'em.

I like the idea of a Sting/Angle team, but otherwise, whoa, horrible sounding results on paper here. The 3-D laying out Steiner might be ok too, but generally speaking, the booking is all over the place here, and doesnt sound that tremendous at all to lead-in to the next ppv.

I love how they're paying Pacman Jones more money than anyone else in the company to literally stand around and do nothing.

And Haws brings up a good point: when IS the last time Raven won a match? Hell, when's the last time he wrestled on Impact? Why does TNA even bother employing this guy when they barely use him at all?

Raven was on IMPACT a few weeks ago in the four way match and has been on Impact a lot recently compared to some of the other guys in the company. I don't know when he last one a match is but I know he has been on IMPACT at least 3 times in the last month and a half.

My brother's theory on Angle is this: Angle is a heel that thinks he is a tweener. By that Angle goes around trying to do this shades of gray Russo type character with his own agenda, but really most of his actions are heelish.

So when will James Mitchell bring in Abyss's half brother evil twin from another mother and another planet to Orlando? Where art thou Mesias, visa problems?

Time for TSM's TNA smark to ring in about the tapings from Orlando, not that many, if any people care, but these tapings really don't look very good on paper. I know it has happened before that the tapings read really bad and the show came off better. I am a very big Angle fan and only slightly care for Joe, but there is really way too much Angle. I HOPE that the only title he walks away with from the PPV is the world title. I see him dropping the X-Division title to Lethal and Team Pacman ::shudders:: will win the tag titles. Ricky Banderas will interfere and Abyss will lose the title match wetting up Joe (after he beats Christian at the PPV) vs. Angle where Joe will finally win. If Joe leaves the company he will be stripped on the next Impact and mini Tourny will start with Jeff Jarrett will face off against Angle at the next PPV after BFG for the title and JJ will win due to interference from Brock!

Man I sincerely hope you are wrong about that BFG scenario. Jeff Jarrett winning the title from Angle with a Lesnar run in. Can we put TNA out of its misery if that happens?

Man I sincerely hope you are wrong about that BFG scenario. Jeff Jarrett winning the title from Angle with a Lesnar run in. Can we put TNA out of its misery if that happens?

I hope I'm wrong about it as well, but I think it all depends on what happens with Joe.

The other thing I was thinking about was TNA did a good job keeping Angle a secret. No one knew he was going to join them, maybe they are having Joe going around saying he is not happy about TNA to throw people off from his eventual win at BFG. It will make people care about him again, may be their train of thought.

The Observer this week reported Jarrett vs. Angle will not be a Bound For Glory match. Angle will be in the main event, however. I'm guessing it's either Joe's big win in a stip match (Six Sides Of Steel, maybe?) or that they're close to a deal with Lesnar.

Being that they're getting two hours soon, I expect them to make the hard sell to guys like RVD, Jericho, Goldberg, Lesnar, Big Show and/or Hogan.

...wetting up Joe (after he beats Christian at the PPV) vs. Angle where Joe will finally win. If Joe leaves the company he will be stripped on the next Impact and mini Tourny will start with Jeff Jarrett will face off against Angle at the next PPV after BFG for the title and JJ will win due to interference from Brock!

What is the logic in putting a title on someone when you'll probably have to take the title off of them shortly afterwards? Better yet, if you do put the title on Joe and he says he wants to leave, what is the logic in stripping him of the title when you can just have him drop it in the ring? Either way, you're devaluing what is meant to be your main title.

If the idea is to put the belt on Joe to try and convince him to stay, chances are rather high he'll see right through it and all you will have done is engineered a short-term title run that does nobody any good because it will ultimately mean nothing at all.

... maybe they are having Joe going around saying he is not happy about TNA to throw people off from his eventual win at BFG. It will make people care about him again, may be their train of thought.

If Joe wanting to leave is a swerve, it's the kind of pointless swerve that TNA love to do. It serves no purpose at all, and if they really want people to care about Joe, it's the wrong way to go about it.

The idea of Joe beating Cage and then Angle for the TNA title sounds good on paper, but it's doomed to failure. First, let's assume Joe does beat Cage at the PPV. It's a top level match, which means it'll get the standard finish that TNA gives to it's bigger matches, meaning a bunch of run-ins and a lot of overbooking, all of which will serve to overshadow Joe's win, which will be as undecisive as all big wins in TNA are, and so Joe will gain absolutely nothing from it.

Now, we'll assume that Joe goes on to beat Angle for the TNA title. Again, being that it's a main event match in TNA, and being that Karen Angle is now a character, we'll get the usual plethora of run-ins and overbooking which will, again, overshadow the match and Joe's win, meaning it won't have the value it should have on paper. However, assuming the match is wrestled without any kind of interference and Joe wins clean, so what? Joe has been so badly booked over the last six months or so, through incompetence and/or pettiness, that he's no longer special, he means a fraction of what he used to, and fans no longer believe in the guy or get behind him like they should do for a top babyface. If he wins the title from, Angle, it's a title that means almost nothing as it is, and it's being put on a guy that TNA have successfully turned from their best prospect of a homegrown superstar into a face in the crowd, literally, that the fans have been educated into not caring about or believing in.

I don't believe for one second that Joe's talk of leaving TNA is some big swerve set up the company. I think it's pretty clear from their treatment of Joe since March that TNA have no intentions of ever giving him a serious push of any kind. Instead of listening to their fans and making Joe the top face of the company, TNA would rather act like a petulant child and punish a guy for saying in front of 750 fans what everyone else had been saying anyway but what TNA will never have the balls to face themselves. Joe knows he's never going anywhere in TNA, so what is the point in staying around? If he's going to be miserable, he's better of being miserable in WWE. At least then he'll probably make more money and not beat himself so much for it.

As for bringing in Lesnar, he either has signed or is soon to be signing with UFC, which, if it happens, pretty well ends his involvement in wrestling. The most you could do with Lesnar then, and it's still not likely, is doing a run-in, but that would make no sense as well because you'd be getting the fans to want a match that can never happen.

The only guys they really should try to get is RVD, Jericho and Lesnar.

Why? So Jericho can walk Karen's dogs, so RVD can lose in some tag matches, and Lesnar can do shooting star presses off the top of the 6 sides of steel?

The only guys they really should try to get is RVD, Jericho and Lesnar.

Why? So Jericho can walk Karen's dogs, so RVD can lose in some tag matches, and Lesnar can do shooting star presses off the top of the 6 sides of steel?

Exactly. :rolleyes:

Those spoilers don't sound like an hour of television each. Does Impact have longer matches these days?

They seemed to have left out the various backstage segments that will air, so they probably weren't shown to the live fans.

If TNA knew what the fuck they were doing they could sign RVD and make actual money off it. I've laid out the premise before that Joe should win the TNA title, then RVD wins the X belt. Keep them apart for the entire year of 2008 aside from the occasional nod backstage. Then eventually set up an angle with two juggernaut champions for BFG 2008 and watch it get TNA's best buyrate ever and largest gate too.

Jericho wouldn't work as well since no one has ever bought him as some unstoppable guy who could hold a belt for a year or anything. Lesnar might work as unstoppable, but unlike RVD he has no real fanbase that gives a shit about him. Just a WWE creation with no real long term connection with fans.

If and thats a big if TNA went into promoting wrestling more instead of the over-the-top characters I could see RVD & Sabu vs Sabin & Shelly, Jericho & Christian & Eric Young & Petey Williams as the new Team Canada vs Good ol southern boys of Jarrett/Storm/AJ/Killings, Lesnar vs Joe.

If and thats a big if TNA went into promoting wrestling more instead of the over-the-top characters I could see RVD & Sabu vs Sabin & Shelly, Jericho & Christian & Eric Young & Petey Williams as the new Team Canada vs Good ol southern boys of Jarrett/Storm/AJ/Killings, Lesnar vs Joe.

Nice Fantasy booking but it won't happen. More like Kurt Angle vs Joe/MCMG/Styles/Eric Young/SharkBoy/Abyss/Petey Williams/Robert Roode and every non Ex WWE guy in a gautlet match. Of course he would win every match in a minute.

If Paul Heyman was booking I could see that happening it would start out with the typically Kurt promo then Joe comes out for the rebuttal. Then Scott Steiner starts shooting which of course would upset Rhyno then Rick Steiner comes out to help then Bubba and Devon run-in then McMgs then AJ then Tomko then Christian then Killings. All of this happens in a short 5 minutes until Abyss clears the ring leaving only Kurt Angle in the middle of the ring on his knees begging which sets up James Vanderburg's new monster Mortis who throws a fireball.

Don't worry the tape machines were rolling so you won't miss any of the TOTAL NONSTOP ANGLE~