TSM Forums
Sign in to follow this  
EVIL~! alkeiper

WWE 24/7 Discussion Thread - September 2007

It's odd how Jimmy Hart is going on about Hulk Hogan and how he's going to win his 6th world title from Yokozuna on Global Warfare. Wasn't he more or less considered gone after KOTR 93 (outside of a bunch of house show bouts he and Beefcake teamed for)?

It's odd how Jimmy Hart is going on about Hulk Hogan and how he's going to win his 6th world title from Yokozuna on Global Warfare. Wasn't he more or less considered gone after KOTR 93 (outside of a bunch of house show bouts he and Beefcake teamed for)?

I may be wrong since I haven't seen the show in five or six years but I remember JR and Savage putting over Hogan and talking about how we haven't seen the last of him after the world title match at KOTR. Maybe WWF thought Hogan just wanted to take an extended break?

Butch Reed's promo against Billy Graham amused me greatly ("One thing Billy Graham will never have over me is being natural"). Ted DiBiase's segment was awesome too.

During DiBiase's segment all I could think was, "dammit lady, he clearly would have gone higher. Learn to negotiate!"

off topic a bit, but I must comment on seeing the last TNT episode with Jimmy lip-synching "eat your heart out rick springfield" with both Neidhart and Bret dancing goofily in the background AWESOME

that korea show seems to have terrible video, not just other country video problems, but it has lines and lots of interference and the dubbed-in commentary sounds terrible fake

I would have stopped at $100.

Also, I didn't realize Gorilla Monsoon was an expert at reading X-rays.

Gorilla always knew technical names for muscles and body parts. For what it's worth, he did have a degree in physical education and physiotherapy.

I would have stopped at $100.

Also, I didn't realize Gorilla Monsoon was an expert at reading X-rays.

Gorilla always knew technical names for muscles and body parts. For what it's worth, he did have a degree in physical education and physiotherapy.

Heenan: ... yeah, he kicked him in the, uh, cervial dervial part of the back.

Monsoon: Will you stop!

Guest bp2007

24/7 Online Offerings:

WWE.COM released the first 10 matches for their September schedule and it looks pretty good. I haven't had time to watch it yet but their big video is that they're re-airing RAW from episode 1. I think every 2 weeks a new episode is available. I'm not sure if these episodes ever aired on VOD but I certainly have never watched them and I'm excited to check out the matches.

They also are re-airing an old tag team battle royal from WWE Superstars I remembered watching as a kid and Rockers vs. Nasty Boys from AWA which seems like a cool match.

Ricky Steamboat vs. William Regal also is being offered which I can bet will be a classic.

The full 24/7 Online lineup:

The Debut of Monday Night RawJanuary 11, 1993 | Approx. run time: 35 mins.For almost 15 years, WWE fans have made Monday Night Raw a part of their living room. That should come as no surprise. Raw has provided some of the most exciting, shocking, and best wrestling in the history of sports-entertainment. Now, relive Raw all the way from the beginning. Enjoy the debut episode! More Raw coming in the order of its release -- two every month!

Introducing: Brooklyn Brawler - WWE Superstars, Brooklyn Brawler vs. Reno RigginsFebruary 3, 1989 | Approx. run time: 5 mins.Despite The Brooklyn Brawler's win/loss record, most old-school fans will have fond memories of him in action. Check out this exclusive interview with Brawler talking about his debut match, and how Bobby Heenan was a positive influence on his career.

History of the Intercontinental Title - Part IIISeptember 1, 2007 | Approx. run time: 45 mins.The third part of this series will dwell into the rivalry between two Hall of Famers: Greg "The Hammer" Valentine and Tito Santana. Check out four classic meetings for the Intercontinental Championship, including a Lumberjack Match from the very first episode of WWE Primetime.

AWA: Midnight Rockers vs. The Nasty BoysMarch 3, 1988 | Approx. run time: 16 mins.Two of the most popular WWE tag teams were tearing it up all over the AWA in the '80s. Check out this classic encounter exclusively on 24/7 Online as The Midnight Rockers battle The Nasty Boys for the AWA World Tag Team Championship.

NWA Starrcade: Dusty Rhodes vs. Tully BlanchardNovember 27, 1986 | Approx. run time: 14 mins.It was nearly impossible to pick just one match from the NWA for Old School Month. However, when looking through the archives, the First Blood Match between Dusty Rhodes and Tully Blanchard stood out. Not only is this match a classic, it also proved that a smart and prepared manager can really change the scenery of any match.

ECW Hardcore Heaven: Brian Lee vs. Tommy DreamerJune 22, 1996 | Approx. run time: 10 mins.When Tommy Dreamer and Brian Lee got into the ring, their match went far beyond the boundaries of an extreme environment. This match couldn't even be contained in the arena! You won't want to miss where this match up ends up!

WCW Fall Brawl: William Regal vs. Ricky SteamboatSeptember 19, 1993 | Approx. run time: 17 mins.William Regal certainly has a full wrestling resume of championships. Could he secure a victory and his first World Television Championship, or would Ricky Steamboat pull out the victory in this classic encounter?

WCW Fall Brawl: Team Rhodes vs. Stud StableSeptember 18, 1994 | Approx. run time: 19 mins.In a War Games Cage Match, Team Rhodes would face The Stud Stable - Arn Anderson, Terry Funk, Bunkhouse Buck & Col. Robert Parker. Would Dusty, Dustin & The Nasty Boys be able to withstand the force of The Stud Stable, or would Parker guide his team to victory?

WCW Fall Brawl: Harlem Heat vs. Bunkhouse Buck & Dick SlaterSeptember 17, 1995 | Approx. run time: 18 mins.King Booker is well known for being a six-time world champion, but did you know he's also held various tag team titles on 14 separate occasions? Did King Booker notch another championship reign at Fall Brawl? Watch to find out.

WWE Superstars: Tag Team Battle RoyalFebruary 16, 1991 | Approx. run time: 7 mins.From The Rockers, Road Warriors, Nasty Boys and Bushwhackers, WWE fans couldn't get enough tag team wrestling in the early '90s! What better way to feature all these teams than by airing an ultra-rare tag team battle royal?

Guest flairfan
i really dont think its WWE's doing, i think its up to the cable company to update the Video on Demand stuff i would file a BBB complaint on Cogeo too

I've been living in denial about this for 12 months now but the amount of people who actually go ahead and talk to their cable company (unlike me, who just e-mails because I'm not big on speaking with people on the phone when I have complaints, then and gets no response) seem to get the "it's their fault, not ours" response. I really don't know what's what, but flairfan was having a bevy of problems and bam, BBB complaint and he's rolling in the content. At one point I did believe the lack of recent PPVs was an issue with Canadian DVD distribution rights (PPVs often come out on DVD a month or so later here - or did at one point, don't know now - which puts it on par with coming out around the same time it should be on TV for $10 less) but then they just suddenly showed up last fall and I was happy. I also believe Cogeco told 10PoG that the content issues were a problem with WWE distribution. We'll see what happens in the future, I guess. I just haven't waited this long with such a baron update in ages, if at all.

I did file a complaint on WWE thru the BBB, but the case was dismissed. BUT WWE helped me solve the problem. The Director of Operations told me how the process worked. Once I had proof from WWE as to who was at Fault(COMCAST), I sent Comcast the letter WWE sent me and then they finally understood what the problem was and how to fix it. Basically I ended up filing the Case on Comcast because WWE proved it was their Fault. However, if not for me filing the claim with WWE, I would have no way to prove that, because my cable company was saying it was NOT their fault and to contact WWE.

Here is the letter I sent to COMCAST that finally got them up off their butts and to finally fix the problem:

Hello,

You Guys Dont have a clue! I told you Exactly what the problem was.. The WWE 24/7 on demand menu needs REFRESHED MANUALLY for the week of 8/15. How hard is it to contact a person within COMCAST that knows how to do this? I contacted WWE and they said that COMCAST is responsible for manually refreshing the WWE 24/7 on demand screen when the content does not automatically update like it is supposed to.

Here is a letter from the director of WWE OPERATIONS:

Dear Mr Name;

Please understand that WWE has absolutely no control over what content reaches your system on a weekly basis.

WWE sends the programming to Comcast and Comcast distributes it to their many systems. The appearance of content on your On Demand menu should be automatic, but sometimes there are glitches with this rather new technology and the individual systems need to be alerted to MANUALLY PUSH the content onto the user interface.

Thanks very much for your patience. Hopefully Comcast will make it a point to pay specific attention to the WWE refresh on your system from now on.

Very truly yours,

Jim Brown

WWE Director of Operations

As you can see, WWE states the content MUST BE LOADED MANUALLY BY COMCAST.

I am not getting the content I paid for from Comcast and you guys are making no effort to fix it. You know what the problem is: (My WWE 24/7 On Demand Content DID NOT get loaded for the week of 8/15).

SOLUTION: Someone at Comcast has to know how to do manual refreshes so that the WWE 24/7 content will show on my menu.

I have filed a complaint about this to the Better Business Bureau in East Tennessee. So I suggest you forward this email to your boss and then he forwards to his boss until someone there at comcast has a clue about what to do.

I want this problem resloved ASAP.

Also, Jim Brown, the head off WWE opts said to me that if COMCAST refuses to fix the issue to get the names of the Customer Service Reps and Managers and report them to him.

Thanks,

So, again file the complaint on your Cable Provider. They have glitches in their systems when you dont get your updates and they have to fix them if the BBB gets on them.

Awesome news, thanks for the update Flairfan. As I said, I didn't really want to blame WWE for this but last summer I noticed someone told PWInsider that the Cable Companies were telling people it's WWE's fault for content problems (and Comcast told you this too), so you hear it enough and you assume that's the case.

This is going to push me to contact Cogeco about the fact they are not showing recent PPVs or the Legends Roundtable shows.

Also, the news that 24/7 Online is showing the old Raws that 24/7 OnDemand didn't (because they are not part of the Monday Night War) is TREMENDOUS news. Thumbs up on that move.

Guest flairfan
Awesome news, thanks for the update Flairfan. As I said, I didn't really want to blame WWE for this but last summer I noticed someone told PWInsider that the Cable Companies were telling people it's WWE's fault for content problems (and Comcast told you this too), so you hear it enough and you assume that's the case.

This is going to push me to contact Cogeco about the fact they are not showing recent PPVs or the Legends Roundtable shows.

Also, the news that 24/7 Online is showing the old Raws that 24/7 OnDemand didn't (because they are not part of the Monday Night War) is TREMENDOUS news. Thumbs up on that move.

Yeah, its really sad that the Cable Companies are not educated on this. When I first called COMCAST they told me they didnt produce Wrestling shows and that I need to contact WWE.. WHAT BS!!!!!!!!!!!!

The Cable Company is SOLEY responsible for the content that appears on the On Demand Menus!!!! WWE puts it out there, but their software has to take those updates and update the screen correctly so that we can see the programs. If the update does not occur(For whatever reason(Bug in the software etc etc), COMCAST will have to MANUALLY refresh the menu. It took me forever to explain that and get it done. BUT they finally understood after I got the BBB involved. So, what that tells me is there is a VERY limited few that know how to update the screen manually, and even worse, they have bugs in their system to where the updates do not occur automatically. Thus the cable companies need to get off their butts and provide us end users with all the content we paid for. Thus if they dont, a claim to the BBB about this is VERY VALID.

I'm glad they are showing those 1993-95 Raws, since there was all sorts of great stuff on those early Raw shows. I think the 1993 period is actually one of the best times for week to week WWF wrestling. Raw was unlike anything I'd ever seen back then.

What was with Mr. T as the special enforcer to referee's? Had no idea what that was about but good thing they did not go through with it. Primetime was not too good match quality-wise this week and for some reason I feel like I have seen EVERY Johnny V/ Beefcake match known to mankind. Dibiase was solid though and I think they had it spelled Dibiasi in the promo.

Guest bp2007
Is the tag battle royal from 24/7 online the one where the winner gets a title shot at Mania 7?

Yes I believe it is. I didn't watch the whole thing (had to leave in the middle of it). The other video with the introduction of Brawler is pretty cool too. It was done in a way you can even take the biggest jobbers seriously.

Just out of curiosity, when did 24/7 Online offer better videos than 24/7 for the month? I don't get VOD on my cable offerings but from the listings I think the stuff on wwe.com seems more enjoyable this time. Guess we're all entitled to our opinions though...

What was with Mr. T as the special enforcer to referee's? Had no idea what that was about but good thing they did not go through with it. Primetime was not too good match quality-wise this week and for some reason I feel like I have seen EVERY Johnny V/ Beefcake match known to mankind. Dibiase was solid though and I think they had it spelled Dibiasi in the promo.

Ted's promo was fucking hilarious. I marked.

The last Monday Night War they had was pretty good too. The Piper segment was fucking lame (the lack of heat was astounding), I FF'd through the last two guys.

Guest shadylpete

first post! woooo

anyway, i got everything that was supposed to show up this week. I'm watching monday night wars from march 10, 1997 right now. Feels great to watch the first ever Raw is War considering earlier today i was watching the first ever raw on wwe 24/7 online.

Guest flairfan
No updates today. Time to write Cogeco a (totally professional and polite, as always) e-mail referencing flairfan's letter from the WWE about content issues.

I got all my updates right on time.

Your cable provider is for sure having a problem with the auto updates not loading. Thus, they will have to do a manual refresh in order for the content to appear. If they dont fix the problem, then file a claim to the BBB on them. Be sure and tell them that the manual refresh needs done because the auto update didnt occur and that to fix the root of them problem, they need to fix the auto update issue first. The manual refresh is just a temporary way to load the content the auto update didnt load for this week. IF they just do a manual refresh this week and dont fix the auto update issue, then guess what, you will have to write them again asking them to to another manual refresh. you will continue to have to do so until the auto refresh is fixed.

I know from experience. it took COMCAST 3 WEEKS to fix the Auto Update routine...!!!

This is the e-mail I just sent Cogeco. Hopefully it gets things moving since yeah, there does appear to be a big problem with their auto loader.

"I have been a subscriber to WWE 24/7 for some 13 months now. In this time, there have been various problems with proper content issues. This has not just been a Cogeco issue, but an issue I have discussed with people across North America via the internet.

For the past many months, my main content problem has been that "The Big Ones" has not contained Pay-Per-View that are recent (24/7 airs recent PPV broadcasts on about a 3 month) and the "Pick Your Big One" (a program voted on by users at WWE.com). There has also been a lack of original 24/7 programming in the Legends area. On top of this, there have been sporadic issues with content arriving late but it has generally not been a problem.

However, last week's content update was at least 72 hours late (it should have been available Wednesday at midnight, I did not see it until Saturday evening). And now this morning, I noted the expected content had also not arrived yet. There has been a lot of communication between cable companies and subscribers in other markets where the company has told the subscriber it is WWE's fault for not sending the content (I would like to point out that no one from Cogeco has responded to any of my previous inquires on the matter). Because of this, a few of us on the internet went to the Better Business Bureau to complain about WWE 24/7's content problems. One individual received a letter from WWE's Director of Operations explaining that the problem with content actually lies with the cable company, though some are not aware of it due to the newness of the technology. Here is what the letter in question said:

"Dear <customer>;

Please understand that WWE has absolutely no control over what content reaches your system on a weekly basis.

WWE sends the programming to Comcast and Comcast distributes it to their many systems. The appearance of content on your On Demand menu should be automatic, but sometimes there are glitches with this rather new technology and the individual systems need to be alerted to MANUALLY PUSH the content onto the user interface.

Thanks very much for your patience. Hopefully <American cable company> will make it a point to pay specific attention to the WWE refresh on your system from now on.

Very truly yours,

Jim Brown

WWE Director of Operations"

I am hoping that by passing this information on to you, I can enjoy WWE 24/7 to the full extent I am supposed to be as well as anyone else in this market that subscribes (or could subscribe in the future).

I look forward to watching WWE 24/7 On Demand for the foreseeable future with no intentions of canceling it, so hopefully the content issues can be resolved.

Thanks much,

Stephen Gray"

No updates today. Time to write Cogeco a (totally professional and polite, as always) e-mail referencing flairfan's letter from the WWE about content issues.

Same here. I use Comcast, and I thought they were improving. August's updates were all on time compared to July (Which was horrible, and I know I missed content), but today things got eliminated while nothing was updated.