TSM Forums
Sign in to follow this  
EVIL~! alkeiper

WWE 24/7 Discussion Thread - September 2007

And all my updates arrived (except ONS is still MIA). I'm watching the 1st Raw on 24/7 Online as synergy for watching the 1st Raw is War later tonight. It's odd having Koko's theme music as what I associate with heel Owen Hart, but I don't really remember High Energy's music to begin with (I'm assuming this was an audio edit).

Wow, colour me impressed - obviously they edited out "Beautiful People" from Raw is War but the music they used as a replacement, I thought they didn't have the rights too either. I could just be mixed up, but I figured if they lost "Thorn", they couldn't use this music either (and had to use the generic music heard in the pre-SummerSlam Raw and the Christmas 97 Raw from last year).

Everything from this update arrived on time, no One Night Stand or Roundtable (is there one this month ? Not that it would matter since I never get them anyway). No reply yet from WWE or the BBB. Maybe I'll send a complaint again to Cogeco.

I don't usually watch the Hall of Fame program, and if I do, there's a lot or fast-fowarding. This month's program for the Iron Sheik was surprisingly good. It was the first time I saw Sheik-Backlund in full (instead of the same clip of Skaaland throwing the towel), the match with Slaughter was bloody as hell and Sheik acceptance speech is the greatest thing ever. The only things missing was the Brian Blair "Suplex him, put him in the camel clutch, break his back, then fuck his ass" clip, his promo calling Mean Gene an "Intelligent Jew businessman" and highlights of his last passage on Howard Stern.

Edit : I cannot wait to listen to this in full. It's only been 15 minutes and he's sucking wind yelling at Hogan. Him arguing with "Iron Sheik Jr." is nearly making me piss my pants.

Everything from this update arrived on time, no One Night Stand or Roundtable (is there one this month ? Not that it would matter since I never get them anyway). No reply yet from WWE or the BBB. Maybe I'll send a complaint again to Cogeco.

I don't usually watch the Hall of Fame program, and if I do, there's a lot or fast-fowarding. This month's program for the Iron Sheik was surprisingly good. It was the first time I saw Sheik-Backlund in full (instead of the same clip of Skaaland throwing the towel), the match with Slaughter was bloody as hell and Sheik acceptance speech is the greatest thing ever. The only things missing was the Brian Blair "Suplex him, put him in the camel clutch, break his back, then fuck his ass" clip, his promo calling Mean Gene an "Intelligent Jew businessman" and highlights of his last passage on Howard Stern.

Edit : I cannot wait to listen to this in full. It's only been 15 minutes and he's sucking wind yelling at Hogan. Him arguing with "Iron Sheik Jr." is nearly making me piss my pants.

I thought the "intelligent Jew businessman" compliment was referring to Fred Blassie. :)

Guest heyguesswhatidid
And all my updates arrived (except ONS is still MIA). I'm watching the 1st Raw on 24/7 Online as synergy for watching the 1st Raw is War later tonight. It's odd having Koko's theme music as what I associate with heel Owen Hart, but I don't really remember High Energy's music to begin with (I'm assuming this was an audio edit).

They changed the opening completely, not just audio. You can tell because they have Austin bleeding while in the sharpshooter as a clip, but that match didn't happen for a couple more weeks.

That match would have happened 4 years after the Raw you quoted me talking about (though in fairness I made a second post about my being happy that "In Your Eye" was retained as a theme after me thinking it was going to be edited like previously).

There's a funny edit on Nitro. Sullivan begins listing Piper's potential 4 Horsemen partners, "even my good friend *random crowd cut* Arn!"

You know it's funny but I also noticed that Raw opening with Austin bleeding in a match from WM that had yet to happen! In all honesty both Raw and Nitro were pretty dreary this time. The next Raw will be really good though with the Sid/Bret cage match.

The WCCW show had Flair/Kerry on it and that was quite the bizarre match. I've never seen a cage match with such rigidly enforced rules, but I guess it played into the eventual Hayes turn. In the intro Hayes acts like it was some master plan he and Gordy cooked up, but really it seemed like he was just sucking as a ref and eventually lost his cool. Didn't seem like a premeditated heel turn.

Guest WWE247FanaticSeries

I really didn't notice the Wrestlemania 13 moment in the intro. Tells you that WWE did some editing!

You know it's funny but I also noticed that Raw opening with Austin bleeding in a match from WM that had yet to happen! In all honesty both Raw and Nitro were pretty dreary this time. The next Raw will be really good though with the Sid/Bret cage match.

The WCCW show had Flair/Kerry on it and that was quite the bizarre match. I've never seen a cage match with such rigidly enforced rules, but I guess it played into the eventual Hayes turn. In the intro Hayes acts like it was some master plan he and Gordy cooked up, but really it seemed like he was just sucking as a ref and eventually lost his cool. Didn't seem like a premeditated heel turn.

When Hayes refers to the master plan, it seems like he's talking about the booking.

It does amuse me that they go through all this trouble of a special referee, two referees etc. when since it was a no-DQ match, the ref's only function should be to count the shoulders.

Just wondering but was there some kind of flat out heel turn that followed with the Freebirds or did they just start feuding with the Von Erichs after the cage match? I can't decide if I liked the booking of the cage match or not, since I was expecting a more thorough heel turn from Hayes, whereas the way it went down left it more open to interpretation. As in it seems like they would have an interview the next week with Hayes and he is interrupted by the Von Erichs, then Hayes and Gordy beat down Kerry or something.

I'd say heel turns weren't always so cut and dry. I'm not certain in this specific instance, but thankfully we'll likely see the WCCW run of shows for ourselves to see how Von Erichs/Freebirds play out specifically.

*NOTE* *PLEASE READ*

I've started a separate posted thread for 24/7 troubleshooting. Please take your concerns there. These threads will remain for discussion of content.

Good call, brother.

I enjoyed both Nitro and Raw this go. The pop for Hardbody Harrison going into the pool (as well as all near pool spots) was great. It's like that line in The Death of WCW, "There are some believe that if someone was thrown into a pool every week on Nitro, it would still be on the air today".

I couldn't help but laugh at Sid's promos on Raw. Mankind's promo en route to dropping some of the more heelish traits of the old Mankind character was good too. I seem to recall him doing a promo where he said if you couldn't believe he had a wife and kids, change the channel to some other wrestling show. I look forward to seeing if that promo happens soon or if I just imagined it.

Just wondering but was there some kind of flat out heel turn that followed with the Freebirds or did they just start feuding with the Von Erichs after the cage match? I can't decide if I liked the booking of the cage match or not, since I was expecting a more thorough heel turn from Hayes, whereas the way it went down left it more open to interpretation. As in it seems like they would have an interview the next week with Hayes and he is interrupted by the Von Erichs, then Hayes and Gordy beat down Kerry or something.

Well, the way that promotion went... if someone looked at the Von Erichs wrong, they'd get instant heel heat with the crowd.

Guest flairfan

I watched Raw last night, but I didnt think it was near as good as the previous week. However, I think next weeks will be cool with Sid/Hart Cage match! As to Nitro, it was ok, nothing special. WWE continues to delete anything with Beniot or even the mention of his name. When Kevin Sullivan was being interviewed, he was going to say Chris Beniot and they cut that out totally. What a joke!

The NWA 11-30-1985 was not up to par either. I guess everyone was worn out after Starrcade 85.

The Flair/Von Erich cage match was cool to get in high quality!!!

If only 24/7 would show more WCW!! More PPVs and at least start showing WCW Sat Night!!

That match would have happened 4 years after the Raw you quoted me talking about (though in fairness I made a second post about my being happy that "In Your Eye" was retained as a theme after me thinking it was going to be edited like previously).

There's a funny edit on Nitro. Sullivan begins listing Piper's potential 4 Horsemen partners, "even my good friend *random crowd cut* Arn!"

lmao

damn if only Benoit had just killled himself, we may still see his matches , cuz we still get eddie clips despite his detah being loinked to roids and other drugs in his past.

maybe no ONS 07 is cuz of benoit too, he was a lumberjack in the Kane-Mark Henry match

just watched the global warfare last night, great comentary from heenan as usual, during the steiners-money inc match in Spain the camera work is horrible, the main camera is a zoomed out camera in the crowd, then during the match they go to a crowd shot and stay there for a good 2-3 mins. Heenan rightfully chides the camerawork, saying "the match could have ended but we wouldnt see it and what kind of replay would we have? The Back of the heads of the Ramon family and Lopez family" Even savage agrees with this and picks on the cameramen.

in the hart match, BBB has different sounding music then I remember from his 90s heel run, it has the bam bam, but different music (I guess he used something different for awhile and I dont remember it?) and the steiners music they kept playing the full drum solo intro to their song which goes on forever, instead of the usual quick cut.

just saw korea this morning, odd show

It's funny that they showed a little SMW clip before the most recent World Championship Wrestling show. I've always wondered if they'd ever start showing any Smokey Mountain footage on a regular basis.

I can't remember a worse round-up of promos as the ones featured on the 3/10 RAW. I expect Sid to mess up on the mic, but when Stone Cold is openly flubbing lines, something's up.

I just got 24/7!!

Loved the WCCW show and the 3-10 RAW. Austin was on fire back then

Wait until the next Monday Night Wars episode... it's the Bret Hart/Sid cage match that changed pretty much everything in terms of direction.

Guest Lee_The_Pea

No, that is High Energies theme music. Owen His heel music is the same he used with Koko.

Guest WWE247FanaticSeries

All of Rick Astley's songs have remixes of the same tune.

WRESTLIZED!

All of Ultimate Warrior's matches are shorter mixes of the same match.

Guest krash9924

In the WCW Kollision in Korea event it was funny to see one of the ROH most hated(maybe a little to strong of a wording) in what had to be one of his first matches. I am speaking of Tokimitsu Ishizawa who would go on to infamy as Dragon Soldier B in ROH.

Call me crazy, but the referee during Kirchner/Volkoff on TNT (which, like al, said was pretty interesting to just see Adonis announce "yes I'm gay") appears to be Dean Malenko.

Edit: Confirmed by Meltzer to be Dean Malenko. Wow, learn something new everyday (allegedly). This is why I love 24/7, discovering stuff like this. I also never picture Tito holding the pre-98 IC title belt, but there he is with it in 1985.

Guest flairfan

Again, I got my updates right at 12:01am last night.. LOTS of new stuff too, got alot to record in the next few days...