TSM Forums
Sign in to follow this  
geniusMoment

WWE suspends 10 wrestlers

WWE today officially suspended 10 of its performers based on information received from investigators in the Albany, NY district attorneys office.

None of the names have been released but it will likely be obvious over the next week who at least some of them are.

The suspensions would likely be based on proof that performers were using Signature Pharmacy or another Internet prescription type firm after the implemenation of the Wellness policy.

The company also has informed all performers that beginning 11/1, the company will publicly release the names of anyone who is suspended under drug policy violations.

from dave

mm.. when I first read this topic title I got real excited. I hate to say it but, I am really glad that the WWE is being pressed to change some stuff around. I could actually go without seeing some people for a while if they came back actually healthy, and it looks like this has already started (considering how HHH looks).

This can only be good.

So either Raw or Smackdown will be depleted even more.

Would anyone be surprised if the main events for Unforgiven were:

John Cena vs. Davari and

Great Khali vs. Jimmy Wang?

On a serious note here, damn, I guess this could mean more extended runs with the titles for Khali and Cena if indeed their challengers are on that list.

and what we are missing too is starting November 1st any failed tests will become public knowledge, honestly i didnt expect this, it may force WWE to push guys like Punk on par with guys like Cena and Batista

- The main event being advertised for the RAW taping this coming Sunday night in Cincinnati, Ohio is Triple H and John Cena vs. Randy Orton and King Booker

Does this mean these guys aren't on the list?

- The main event being advertised for the RAW taping this coming Sunday night in Cincinnati, Ohio is Triple H and John Cena vs. Randy Orton and King Booker

Does this mean these guys aren't on the list?

If either of those four is on the list, the match will get changed. If the suspension starts today, they won't be able to run an angle to change it on the night.

Yeah, but I don't get why they would even make that match the main event if they knew one of them wasn't going to be around. I'm just assuming they've know for a couple of weeks or so who was going.

Like I said, if they went into the smackdown taping knowing who was off (Batista?) then they must have had an idea who was going to be there and who wasn't when they booked raw.

I don't think Jeff is on there either. Why bring him back for raw if you know he's not going to be there again for a month?

Yeah, but I don't get why they would even make that match the main event if they knew one of them wasn't going to be around. I'm just assuming they've know for a couple of weeks or so who was going.

Like I said, if they went into the smackdown taping knowing who was off (Batista?) then they must have had an idea who was going to be there and who wasn't when they decided to make that main event.

When did they start advertising the match? But yes, it would seem likely none of those names, all of whom just happen to be major names on Raw, are among those who have been suspended.

This looks like it's tied to the Dr. Claire Godfrey case, where "patients" would pay $10,000 and then $50 per prescription without ever seeing the doctor.

Rey's name has come up on 2 or 3 different list this past year. If he's not suspended then that's bullshit.

Also, didn't Edge and Helms get named in the Albany investigation? Suspending them for 30 days will really affect them while they're on the "DL."

Eh, well if it is a suspension without pay then that would suck to be injured like Edge and then not get money as well.

Personally I think they should just announce it now and not wait until Nov. Make this stuff public and get rid of the speculation.

Wrestlers have down side guaranties in their contracts, right? I assume they get paid no matter what weekly/monthly.

Top WWE names emerge in doping scandal

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

BY T.J. QUINN

DAILY NEWS SPORTS WRITER

Thursday, August 30th 2007, 4:06 PM

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

The WWE was rocked again today, after several of wrestling's top names emerged in the Albany district attorney's probe into a widespread Internet doping scandal.

The wrestling congomerate based in Stamford announced that it will suspend 10 of its biggest stars for violation of its wellness policy.

Top wrestlers Randy Orton, Charles Haas, Jr., Adam "Edge" Copeland, Robert "Booker T" Huffman, Shane Helms, Mike Bucci, Anthony Carelli, John "Johnny Nitro" Hennigan, Darren "William Regal" Matthews, Ken "Mr. Kennedy" Anderson and Chavo Guerrero were all identified as clients of Signature Pharmacy in Orlando, the site raided by Albany County and Florida law enforcement agencies in February for distributing steroids and other prescription drugs to clients who had not been examined by doctors. The investigation is part of a probe into illegal Internet drug distribution by Albany D.A. David Soares.

The WWE said in a statement that it issued suspension notices based on independent information received from the Albany D.A.

The WWE's announcement comes as members of Congress prepare to investigate steroid use in professional wrestling, as the Daily News reported today.

Two of its recently deceased stars - Chris Benoit and Eddie Guerrero - also received steroids and other drugs from Signature, as prescribed by Florida physician Gary Brandwein, who has pleaded not guilty to criminal sale of a controlled substance and criminal diversion of prescription drugs. Benoit murdered his wife and son before killing himself in June and Guerrero died in a Minneapolis hotel in 2005 from heart disease.

Guerrero received the steroids testosterone and nandrolone, along with the estrogen-blocker anastozole, a drug commonly taken by men on steroids to prevent developing breast tissue, Nov. 2, 2005, just 11 days before he died of heart disease.

Guerrero's nephew, Chavo Guerrero, found Guerrero unconscious in the hotel room.

Benoit received steroids from Signature, based on a Brandwein prescription, in February, 2006.

The WWE stars are among the first athletes to face discipline for their part in the nationwide Signature Pharmacy scandal, the Internet steroid ring that has already led to guilty pleas from nine doctors, anti-aging clinic owners and operators. Law enforcement sources have said they expect the names of numerous NFL and Major League Baseball athletes to emerge as well.

Dames

That's 11, who wasn't suspended?

Possibly Bucci, because he isn't an active wrestler anymore.

That's what I was thinking.

BTW, for those that don't know Anthony Carelli is Santino Marella. I had to look it up.