TSM Forums
Sign in to follow this  
geniusMoment

WWE suspends 10 wrestlers

AT LEAST ONE TOP WRESTLER WILL NOT BE SUSPENDED FOR TURNING UP IN PROBE

PWTorch.com has been told that at least one top wrestler named in the media stories as turning up in the Internet pharmacy customer list will not be suspended by WWE.

Although only hinted to us, the indications we've been given point to an out such as that he told the company about the Internet purchases previously and already served a 30-day suspension, so he could not be suspended for the same violation twice.

===========

That's probably Orton. I can't think of anyone else on that list that's been suspended.

Not that it should be an excuse, but it makes more sense for them to try to let Orton slide than Kennedy. They can pretend that Orton already got suspended for it, but Kennedy's a "new" offender, and since they were the two main suspects to take the belt off Cena... you go with the guy that has some sort of protection.

That'll send a message. Put the title on the guy who appears once again on a steroid scandal along with a past history of drug and behavior issues. They couldn't possibly stick with one of the few current bright spots they have with Cena, could they?

That'll send a message. Put the title on the guy who appears once again on a steroid scandal along with a past history of drug and behavior issues. They couldn't possibly stick with one of the few current bright spots they have with Cena, could they?

Well hell if it was up to me, I would keep the belt on Cena until Mania, but WWE doesn't seem to want to do that, so...

Well, if Orton's 30-day suspension (remember, it was the bullshit still-work-TV-for-free type) in fall 2006 was for admitting to buying steroids from Signature Pharmacy, there really is no way you can punish him twice that the Policy allows.

However, the Sports Illustrated article specifically states that Orton was still getting stuff from Signature as recent as February 2007.

God, what a mess this is. Vince's blood pressure must be through the roof.

Happy 61st, Vince.

Guest Kliqster
Well, if Orton's 30-day suspension (remember, it was the bullshit still-work-TV-for-free type) in fall 2006 was for admitting to buying steroids from Signature Pharmacy, there really is no way you can punish him twice that the Policy allows.

However, the Sports Illustrated article specifically states that Orton was still getting stuff from Signature as recent as February 2007.

God, what a mess this is. Vince's blood pressure must be through the roof.

Happy 61st, Vince.

62nd.

Actually, Vince said himself on RAW, he was only 50. And if this situation tells us anything, it's to trust Honest Vince on his word.

Honestly though, I don't see that it's neccessarily going to be a huge dent in the shows in terms of numbers. There's ways around it. ECW only has an hour TV time anyway and enough guys left to be relatively undamaged. With RAW and Smackdown, if they can find two/four guys capable of a long, epic match, they can just pair them up and tell them to tear the house down for 30/40 mins. That eats up a few segments. Plus, you've got the jobber route, bring in some guys from OVW or whatever local indy and feed them to the roster guys (ie. Mark Henry). Throw in some video packages, some diva matches, try and get Austin or Foley or whomever in for a segment.

The problem is obviously who's suspended, not how many. But I don't see as the TV shows will be a lot worse off for the 30 days, it's the PPV I'd be more worried about.

WWE attorney Jerry McDevitt confirmed an 11th suspension to Newsday, excerpted below.

Concerns over the use of steroids and other illegal drugs in pro wrestling reached a climax this week as World Wrestling Entertainment suspended 11 performers for drug-policy violations and a congressional subcommittee scheduled hearings to explore the issue.

After announcing the suspension of 10 wrestlers Thursday, WWE attorney Jerry McDevitt Friday confirmed to Newsday one more suspension. Although WWE has not released any names, the suspensions came after WWE learned from Albany prosecutors that several wrestlers had received steroids and other drugs from an Internet dealer under investigation.

McDevitt said no further suspensions are expected.

Well, if Orton's 30-day suspension (remember, it was the bullshit still-work-TV-for-free type)

Maybe it's just me, but I think that a suspension where you have to work for free is much worse then a suspension where you have to sit on your hole and do nothing. Especially in their line of work where destroying your body is part of the job. If he was sitting at home at least it's getting time to rest, whereas he's still taking the punishment without reaping any of the rewards with the working punishment.

and I don't know what he did to you guys specifically, but alot of you have a hard-on for bashing the shit out of Randy Orton. All you know is what some people say he is like. I'm not defending him being a dick, but fuck, was it your mom who's gymbag he shit in? Give me a break. Acting like you know all the inner workings of the WWE and like you know the people behind all this shit personally.... you have NO idea. Cena could kill babies in his basement in his spare time for all we know. They are all people, and I'm sure non of you have ever fucked up, or done anything shady in your lifetime.

Again this isn't directed at everyone, just the people who think they know everything about what's gone down and have the 'holier then thou' attitude directed at Vince, Orton, or any other person who's ever had a shady story written about them on the internet. This is life.... people fuck up.... get over it.

PWTorch.com has been told that at least one top wrestler named in the media stories as turning up in the Internet pharmacy customer list will not be suspended by WWE.

Although only hinted to us, the indications we've been given point to an out such as that he told the company about the Internet purchases previously and already served a 30-day suspension, so he could not be suspended for the same violation twice.

===========

That's probably Orton. I can't think of anyone else on that list that's been suspended.

I hate teasers like this. Why don't they just come out and fucking say who they have been told it is and see if its true? Why be so mysterious about it? If it's wrong it's wrong and they can just say "well it appears this wasn't the case". Only reason I can think of is to get people to renew their subscriptions and all but that is just annoying.

===========

I hate teasers like this. Why don't they just come out and fucking say who they have been told it is and see if its true? Why be so mysterious about it? If it's wrong it's wrong and they can just say "well it appears this wasn't the case". Only reason I can think of is to get people to renew their subscriptions and all but that is just annoying.

It's possible they haven't even been told who the specific person is, just that there was one.

===========

It's possible they haven't even been told who the specific person is, just that there was one.

I thought about that since they say "only hinted at us" but I just doubt that. If they have someone on the inside willing to spill the beans on something like this to begin with, it makes little sense for the person giving them the information to not at least "hint" that is Randy orton for example.

Like I said, if its wrong its wrong so I don't see why they couldn't say something like "It's been hinted at that Randy Orton will not be suspended because.......but its far from unconfirmed so take it for what its worth" Leaves yourself and your source an out if wrong but at the same time its better than a tease.

===========

I thought about that since they say "only hinted at us" but I just doubt that. If they have someone on the inside willing to spill the beans on something like this to begin with, it makes little sense for the person giving them the information to not at least "hint" that is Randy orton for example.

Like I said, if its wrong its wrong so I don't see why they couldn't say something like "It's been hinted at that Randy Orton will not be suspended because.......but its far from unconfirmed so take it for what its worth" Leaves yourself and your source an out if wrong but at the same time its better than a tease.

Then again, the other reports were saying even the creative staff was being kept somewhat in the dark over who was gone and who was available; perhaps their sources are in creative and just haven't gotten the official word yet? (Or even more likely, creative is still going through the "Who do we absolutely need, and what BS excuse can we give to get them off the 30-day suspension list?" motions.)

with most of the top names from Raw on that list. expect to see two hours of dick jokes from the likes of Triple H and John Cena. how entertaining.

I don't think SmackDown will suffer much from it. Chavo doesn't really appear much on SmackDown anyway. Funaki? yeah, Edge is injured so hes not on TV anyway, Mysterio is back and Undertaker is coming back so I don't think loosing Batista for a while will break anyones heart.

===========

Then again, the other reports were saying even the creative staff was being kept somewhat in the dark over who was gone and who was available; perhaps their sources are in creative and just haven't gotten the official word yet? (Or even more likely, creative is still going through the "Who do we absolutely need, and what BS excuse can we give to get them off the 30-day suspension list?" motions.)

That's true. It's no big deal though, just one of those little pet peeves of mine.

with most of the top names from Raw on that list. expect to see two hours of dick jokes from the likes of Triple H and John Cena. how entertaining.

:lol: this made me laugh because sadly it will probably be true.

On the other hand but equally "entertaining" will be that most of the rest of raw will be the Mcmahon bullshit show. Which of course involves him approving scripts that show he has the mind of a fucking teenager where he brags about banging women left and right. I still can't get over the fact we have a 60 something year old and ceo of a major company actually on tv involved with something that a teenager would write for himself if given the chance to put it on tv. Ironic since he brags about those "grapefruits" when in fact his nuts are probably the size of black eye peas after all those years of steroid use. And least we forget the rest of the McManego family hogging up tv time. Yeah, it should be fun.

Perfection, you really hit me in the face with a brick on your last post. I don't want to watch RAW anyway, but how can I pass up the month long trainwreck that awaits. If there is a bright side, it could be Linda taking a bump.

You can bump the Signature Pharmacy client list up to 21 wrestlers now. Sports Illustrated writer Louis Fernando Llosa was a guest on MSNBC yesterday. He said that Kurt Angle was on the customer list, but he referenced him as a former Olympic Gold Medalist, not a current pro wrestler.

WWE is set to begin an international tour next week and was contacting talent yesterday previously not scheduled to make the trip to tell them they had been added. Of course, this is all due to the eleven talents being suspended in the last two days, hence the sudden change of plans.

Quite like in the case in the weeks after the Chris Benoit tragedy, WWE has again put a media ban on their talent talking with the media and making appearances going forward for the next few weeks. Already scheduled appearances will likely be honored, but don't expect their wrestlers to be appearing on radio shows or talking with newspapers this week.

Know whats funny, Vince and the WWE beat the NFL, MLB, NBA, and every other sports league to the punch. Hell the WWE ain't even real. Now it'll be up to pro sports to follow the WWE's lead. Long term this wont't hurt the WWE, I think it's brilliant.

--On the suspension front, a press release sent out yesterday by WWE for tonight's Raw house show in Terre Haute has pulled Umaga and Mr. Kennedy off the show according to the latest info in radio ads. Main matches are John Cena vs. Randy Orton, Jeff Hardy vs. Carlito and Cryme Tyme vs. Lance Cade & Trevor Murdoch. If this is correct, then Randy Orton was not suspended, and there are company wrestlers who are of the belief Orton wasn't suspended, but this seems like an indication that's the case. The radio ads also have said "TV cameras invade the Hulman Center," to make people think it's a TV taping.

--All the suspended wrestlers were flown the last few days into Stamford for a meeting with Vince McMahon. After saying two more would be suspended yesterday on Thursday night's Greta Von Sustren, Jerry McDevitt confirmed to Newsday in an article at www.newsday.com as saying there was one more suspension (making 11 total) and there would be no others. It is believed the final suspension was a wrestler who somehow missed his flight, which didn't exactly leave the office happy.

--The only firing was Mike Bucci. The identity of the 60 day suspension will likely be clear in a few days.

--For the frequent questions about how can so-and-so not be on the list of guys suspended. None of these suspensions have anything to do with drug testing. They are simply wrestlers who purchased steroids (or in two cases Growth Hormone) from one specific pharmacy through the Internet. Many wrestlers continued to receive steroids through their home doctor, or from other wrestlers who have a source. People asking why, say, Bobby Lashley wasn't listed, it's because he was not a customer from this pharmacy. Asking why no women were listed is because the women obviously had different sources or were clean. It is also openly talked about that the rich guys are taking things you can't detect in a test, and make sure to not leave a paper trail. The key guys if they are using go to great lengths not to be caught because they are the key guys. A guy making $150,000 a year doesn't have the ability to pay for designer drugs, nor have assistants on payroll to make sure nobody can trace things (similar to Barry Bonds, whose purchases have never been able to be proven).

Maybe it's just me, but I think that a suspension where you have to work for free is much worse then a suspension where you have to sit on your hole and do nothing.

Not quite that simple. First of all, when a wrestler is off TV, usually his merchandise sales drop like a rock, and those are a big part of their paychecks. Also, many workers are just plain fame junkies who can't stand not being in the spotlight. Those types would rather work for free than stay home.

alot of you have a hard-on for bashing the shit out of Randy Orton. All you know is what some people say he is like. I'm not defending him being a dick, but fuck, was it your mom who's gymbag he shit in? Give me a break. Acting like you know all the inner workings of the WWE and like you know the people behind all this shit personally.... you have NO idea. Cena could kill babies in his basement in his spare time for all we know.

I've heard this argument before, "Orton isn't that bad because all wrestlers are shady and we don't know what they've done". Um, no. Orton's behavior is so immature and frequently out of control that we HAVE heard about it, many times. That's kind of the point. Rather like Katt Williams espousing on why he thinks Michael Jackson is guilty: "Don't nobody say the same shit about you for twenty years!"