TSM Forums
Sign in to follow this  
DrVenkman PhD

WWE General Discussion - September 2007

Tonight a new tag team, Cryme Tyme, will be introduced to the RAW audience. In an effort to humor and entertain our fans the tag team known as Cryme Tyme will be parodying racial stereotypes.

Shad Gaspard and JTG do outlandish, outrageous "stunts" to ready themselves for tag team action on RAW. This attempt at Saturday Night Live-like humor is bound to entertain audiences of all ethnic derivations.

We hope you enjoy the weekly adventures of Cryme Tyme.

PWTorch.com reports that the Cryme Tyme release stemmed from actions the tag team performed following their Terre Haute house show match against Cade and Murdoch.

According to the Torch report, the two teams had reportedly been developing heat with each other over the course of the past few weeks. That built into an incident prior to the match, in which Shad Gaspard told Lance Cade that "what happens in the ring happens," essentially implying that there might be some stiff shots exchanged. Cade mocked Gaspard's threat in front of a number of wrestlers backstage.

In order to get back at Cryme Tyme for what they perceived as a threat, Cade and Murdoch met with the referee and arranged a rib. Essentially, the plan was to "fast count" while JTG was out of the ring, resulting in a count out loss for Cryme Tyme; Cryme Tyme was unaware of this plan until it was executed in front of the live audience.

In what sources say was a move to save face, Cryme Tyme then decided, without telling the referee, to execute their finishing move on him (they reportedly did so safely, but it was still unexpected). They also tossed his belt into the crowd.

Words were exchanged in the backstage area following the segment, and WWE management eventually made the call to release Cryme Tyme, who were reportedly on thin ice with management anyway due to what some backstage perceived as an attitude problem. The tag team was reportedly unhappy and surprised with WWE's decision.

The increased scrutiny on WWE stemming from the Benoit tragedy, the Congressional investigation and the recent steroid controversy has resulted in a zero-tolerance policy backstage.

I apologize. I didn't see the Rajah paraphrasing earlier.

But I am inviting you to cite other cases where I "always repost reports that are already mentioned at least once".

WWE is lucky this guy hasn't been on Nancy Grace and Co.

Jason Sensation appeared on the August 24th edition of The Shoot. He came on to discuss his career and share some impersonations. Host Gary Cantrell welcomes him to the show and asks him how he got into doing voices. He explains that he and his family grew up on a farm in Canada, and they didn't have much options of anything to do. Jason talks about how he and his brother having wrestling matches in the backyard and doing the post match promos. He mentioned that Macho Man was one of the first voices that he had ever done, and his parents would talk him into doing the voice at parties. Gary asked how he became a wrestling fan. Jason said "I don't have a first memory of it, it's just a feeling of it always been there".

Gary and Jason begin discussing his first night meeting Owen Hart and Davey Boy Smith in Ottawa. He talks about how he did the voices in front of them. (In Owen's voice)"I'm a Slammy Award winner, and Bret you'll never be as good as me" he tells Owen. Owen tells him, "You can't do Bulldog". In Davey Boy's voice, "C'mon British Bulldog, have a bite of my dog food". Jason says they were both laughing hysterically. He said that Owen brought him backstage to meet with WWE's Canadian President Carl DeMarco whom he did voices for. After the meeting he explained how he'd go anywhere a camera was at for attention to attempt to get into the WWE. He also sent numerous videos to Carl and continued to not get any responses.

He talks about his first gig for WWE which was selling merchandise on the Canadian Home Shopping Network. He mentioned that not too long after he got another call from Carl who informed him that Vince McMahon was going to be at TSN's Off the Record to discuss Bret Hart and the Montreal Screw Job. He was then introduced to McMahon during the commercial breaks. Jason did impersonations of both Shawn Michaels and Vince McMahon. Vince laughed hard and said "We gotta get you on TV kid". It wasn't until 98 that Jason got a call from DeMarco to appear in Boston for WrestleMania 14 weekend. He then talks of a meeting he was involved in with Vince McMahon, Triple H, Shawn Michaels, Chyna, Steve Austin, and Mike Tyson. He gives Tyson credit for getting him the job after laughing uncontrollably over a Steve Austin impersonation. He says Mike Tyson put him over big time in that meeting.

Jason goes on discussing his first few skits on RAW, but says that the story between him and Owen was dropped after he got stopped at the border. He didn't have a green card, and he had been crossing illegally all that time. The week after he got beat up by Owen, he wasn't able to make it to the next RAW due to being stopped at the border. Once WWE realized that they couldn't get him, they rushed a contract to him. He said that he signed a 3 yr deal, and spent most of it at home collecting a check. He noted that he sent several script ideas to Russo and it went to no reply. During the last 6 months of his contract he was sent to Memphis, TN to train as a heel manager for a future main roster spot. He said Memphis was run wrong and all the wrong guys were in charge. He said that the main trainer was Terry Golden and said "He was one of the dirtiest guys in the business". He said they went through a lot of wrestlers down there.

He then began to shoot on Kevin Kelly. He said that Kelly put him through a lot of hell in Memphis. "Kevin Kelly was Bullsh*t" says Sensation. He said there was talk of him doing the Slam Jams for the WWF and said that was Kelly's job at the time. He said at that point Kelly began to bury him to the office and reduced him to the job of a ring announcer. He said that Kelly even ridiculed him at position, and didn't want him to get over in any way. "He (Kevin Kelly) made my life a living hell".

He talked about having a rib pulled on him by Kevin Fertig (ECW's Kevin Thorn). He said that he pulled a rib on Fertig and was choked and thrown through a wall for his efforts. He called to file a complaint and Bruce Pritchard told him that "You were lucky that it wasn't Steve Blackman or The Undertaker, because they might have not stopped" He also brought up an instance of Fertig sexually assaulting him in a hotel. "He ripped my clothes off, he ripped my underwear off, and I was like what's this guy doing to me?" He then plugs the book that he's putting out titled "Raped in Wrestling". He mentioned that wasn't the only occurrence of sexual assault. He tells the story of his first weekend in Boston. He was invited up to a Road Agent's (whom he left nameless) hotel room with another wrestler to smoke Marijuana. After finishing the Marijuana, the agent began to grab him and pull him closer to molest him. He said the wrestler in the room was almost like he was standing there as a guard. He mentioned that he tried to squirm and get away and the agent said "Buddy if you don't this, you'll never gonna get into this business if you don't fu*k somebody". Jason said "It was the sickest moment in my life", he went on to say that another wrestler came to the door and it was his out and he left. He made a complaint to management and said that telling just worked against him. He said he wouldn't be surprised if things like that were still going on to this day.

Jason said the reason why he's waited so long to come out was that he was actually hoping for things to change and to possibly be rehired by WWE. He said after the death of his mother he realized that he would never be rehired and that he was ready to come out and speak. He said that to this day he still emails Jim Ross for a reason to his dismissal. He said he was going to tell all in his new book. He said that in that in WWE the good was good, but the bad was very bad. When asked for an example, he shared the story of a young wrestler by the name of Russ Haas. He talked about how Russ and his brother, current WWE wrestler Charlie Haas were in developmental prepping for a call up to the main roster. Jason said every single time they would come back from a dark match from TVs, Russ Haas was so depressed because "Quote Jim Ross and Quote Bruce Prichard" kept telling Russ: You guys are ready to go, you guys will be on tv but Russ you got to get bigger, Russ you got to get bigger, sorry Russ you got to get bigger." Russ finally gave in and began taking steroids and it was one occasion in which there was air in the needle and it got to his heart and killed him.

The Interview runs about 62 mins as Jason also talks about TNA, The current WWE product, Vince Russo and much more! The interview is available for Streaming/Downloading at the following link below.

http://www.blogtalkradio.com/theshoot

Credit: Gerweck

I don't mean to sound like a shill for WWE's pimping old their video library, but starting this month on 24/7 Online, they're showing 2 full episodes of Raw a month from the beginning. Considering the 93-95 Raws don't get shown on 24/7 OnDemand (they started in 1995 for the Monday Night Wars series), this is a really cool move by 24/7 Online.

Talk about sour grapes.When you're only writing your "tell all" book because the WWE wouldn't hire you back. People are going to question you. Russ Haas had a heart condition prior to his death, he better have some concrete proof that air in the needle killed him.

Talk about sour grapes.When you're only writing your "tell all" book because the WWE wouldn't hire you back. People are going to question you. Russ Haas had a heart condition prior to his death, he better have some concrete proof that air in the needle killed him.

At this point, no one is willing to give WWE the benefit of the doubt. And if all the stuff he is saying is true, they don't deserve it.

THQ RELEASES SMACKDOWN VS. RAW 2008 FINAL ROSTER

RAW SUPERSTARS

-- Bobby Lashley

-- Carlito

-- Jeff Hardy

-- John Cena

-- JTG

-- King Booker

-- Mr. Kennedy

-- Randy Orton

-- Shad Gaspard

-- Shawn Michaels

-- Snitsky

-- The Sandman

-- Triple H

-- Umaga

-- William Regal

SMACKDOWN SUPERSTARS

-- Batista

-- Chavo Guerrero

-- Chris Masters

-- Edge

-- Finlay

-- Gregory Helms

-- Kane

-- Kenny Dykstra

-- Mark Henry

-- Matt Hardy

-- Montel Vontavious Porter

-- Rey Mysterio

-- Ric Flair

-- The Great Khali

-- The Undertaker

ECW SUPERSTARS

-- CM Punk

-- Elijah Burke

-- Johnny Nitro

-- Marcus Cor Von

-- Tommy Dreamer

WWE DIVAS

-- Ashley

-- Candice Michelle

-- Kelly Kelly

-- Melina

-- Michelle McCool

-- Mickie James

-- Torrie Wilson

WWE LEGENDS

-- Bret Hart

-- Mick Foley

-- Rick Rude

-- Roddy Piper

-- Sabu

-- Steve Austin

-- Terry Funk

-- The Rock

The interesting pieces here are that Sabu is still in the game despite being fired months ago. Not only that, but Sabu is listed as a WWE Legend instead of an ECW Superstar. Johnny Nitro's gimmick transformation into John Morrison will not be represented in the game.

The biggest note is that it seems Vince McMahon got his wish of Chris Benoit being removed from the game. Being very familiar with wrestling video games, since the game wasn't delayed to remove all aspects of Benoit, it's likely that Benoit's code is still in the game but won't be accessible without some sort of hacking being involved.

There is no way that is a complete list. Why include only half of both the Highlanders and Crime Time? Plus London and Kendrick fail to make it?

Seems like a really weak final roster for a game they are going to want about 60 to 70 bucks on.

Well rumor has it that there is going to be "downloadable content" that you will have to pay for to access more superstars. To me that's just a rip off unless that downloadable content has most of the rest of the WWE roster.

Well rumor has it that there is going to be "downloadable content" that you will have to pay for to access more superstars. To me that's just a rip off unless that downloadable content has most of the rest of the WWE roster.

So about 60 to 70 bucks, plus an additional 1-10 dollars or more for the rest of the roster. I don't see how that's not a rip-off regardless.

So about 60 to 70 bucks, plus an additional 1-10 dollars or more for the rest of the roster. I don't see how that's not a rip-off regardless.

It is a WWE video game, it is an automatic rip-off. If you're already dropping 60-70 bucks, an additional 10 bucks wouldn't make a difference.

There is no way that is a complete list. Why include only half of both the Highlanders and Crime Time? Plus London and Kendrick fail to make it?

Seems like a really weak final roster for a game they are going to want about 60 to 70 bucks on.

What the hell are you talking about? Both members of Cryme Tyme are listed and neither Highlander is on the list.

If you're already dropping 60-70 bucks, an additional 10 bucks wouldn't make a difference.

The hell it won't. Call me old school or cheap if you want but paying $60 for a game and then paying close to an additional 20% for game content is a rip in my book.

If you're already dropping 60-70 bucks, an additional 10 bucks wouldn't make a difference.

The hell it won't. Call me old school or cheap if you want but paying $60 for a game and then paying close to an additional 20% for game content is a rip in my book.

What I meant was that they already hooked the customer into droping at least 60 bucks, that most customers probably won't think much of tossing another 10 bucks at that point. I still think 60-70 is a rip-off in itself.

Flair gone from WWE?

Ric Flair quit WWE this week over frustration with his push and a lack of any encouraging communication from the front office.

There are now discussions to try to talk him into cooling off and agreeing to not quit.

His situation doesn't appear to be at all related to the suspensions, although he's now more valuable with some names being gone for a month.

If things don't work out, it's not beyond the realm of possibility that Flair could be offered a sweet and tempting deal to be part of TNA's two hour launch. TNA is interested and aware of the situation.

-PWTorch.com

Flair is a slight surprise since I figured he'd always be willing to whore himself for attention and scrap change but I expect them to talk Flair back into it with a sweetheart deal.

Man, I was only watching that Raw the other day when Owen Hart slapped Jason Sensation around the chops - his impressions where good like.

"Owen, you & I will be nose-to-nose, but we'll be MILES APART."

Haha his HBK one was pretty decent too - on a side note I think I need an Owen Hart banner or something for my sig

This might be because CM Punk is my favourite wrestler today by a million miles, and I don't believe Morrison's that bad, but i've got Punk/Morrison as the best free TV match of the year.

Especially the last five minutes of the match, a great split-legged cork-screw moonsault through to the GTS.

In fact, ECW's fued between these two, and Raw seeming to pick itself up since the Benoit tragedy, WWE in general has been pretty solid.

Smackdowns been suffering since the draft and it's injuries. The only thing saving it right now is Hardy/MVP.

I still think RAW sucks, with the exception of Randy being mental and Marrella's heelness, it's a very bland show.

ECW is the best thing WWE is producing, if only for Stevie Richards getting some sort of a push