TSM Forums
Sign in to follow this  
DrVenkman PhD

WWE General Discussion - September 2007

Taken from Gerweck.net...

Ring annoucner Justin Roberts will now be announcing for Smackdown, and Tony Chimel has crossed over to ECW.

I'am sure many don't care. but this sucks. Tony Chimel was to SmackDown as Lillian is to Raw. I was always so used to hearing Chimel's voice on SmackDown and it won't be the same without him.

IMO Roberts just sucks. I don't know what it is about him but he just annoys the fuck out of me.

hmmm I rarely watch ECW, is Justin Roberts the one that sounds like a poor man's David Penzer (who, himself sucks)?

That's just plain nasty. Penzer is fucking awful. I can't think of a worse ring announcer. I don't see why people hate Roberts so much. He's not bad.

Anyway, I'm with oldskool. Why isn't Howard Finkle still announcing?

And through it all, Howard Finkel stays backstage. I sometimes picture him just standing behind the curtain, audibly announcing the entrants to no one in particular.

With a tear in his eye.

I always imagined him silently cursing Lillian when she does the announcement for the Royal Rumble, saying something like, "You'll never be as good as me bitch"

And through it all, Howard Finkel stays backstage. I sometimes picture him just standing behind the curtain, audibly announcing the entrants to no one in particular.

With a tear in his eye.

I always imagined him silently cursing Lillian when she does the announcement for the Royal Rumble, saying something like, "You'll never be as good as me bitch"

didn't they sort of do that in an angle once?

Finkle should at least be announcing the big matches if not entire PPVs. Give him the Michael Buffer treatment.

Taken from Gerweck.net...

Ring annoucner Justin Roberts will now be announcing for Smackdown, and Tony Chimel has crossed over to ECW.

I'am sure many don't care. but this sucks. Tony Chimel was to SmackDown as Lillian is to Raw. I was always so used to hearing Chimel's voice on SmackDown and it won't be the same without him.

IMO Roberts just sucks. I don't know what it is about him but he just annoys the fuck out of me.

Roberts does suck...of course they all fall way short compared to howard finkel and Gary Michael Cappetta imho. The reasons why I like finkel go without saying, he just was great..especially when he announced a new champion. And I loved the way Gary Michael Cappetta used to introduce people. I grew up with those two and the ones today don't compare. But Roberts is without a doubt the worst..no emotion, no unique qualities, nothing. I can not believe he still has a job...much less is being moved to smackdown. That is just stupid.

It's not like I'm looking at the ring announcer for more than five seconds when a match is starting.

In fact the only time we ever really saw Fink on screen was either when he was annoucning the rules to the rumble or joining DX.

In their online job postings, whenever the WWE has an opening for an announcer they always specifically require that the person be an attractive MTV-lookin' dude. As a talented but ugly wrestling announcer myself, that always really pissed me off.

Who cares? If I ever worked a Wrestlemania match I'd want Finkel doing the ring announcing. Anybody else just sounds wrong.

Especially if you're getting a strap put on you. nobody does '...aaaand NEEEWWWWWWWW blahblahblah Champion' like the Fink.

So I happened to get on WWE.com for the first time in a long time and saw an ad for WWE Fatheads (the wall colorforms) featuring Bobby Lashley and for some unknown reason I got a chubby.

:ph34r:

How is Michael Cole still employed after 8 years? Seriously? The highlight of his career was in 1999, when a "heel" Jim Ross angle had JR refer to him as a "pretty boy, nice tight ass" in one of the most awkward promos ever. Other than that, Michael Cole is awful, and only Mike Tenay trumps him on the "mute button" scale.

IMO no one should be surprise by the Justin Roberts move. He fits the look that WWE wants.. its pretty much what every TV executive wants on the screen. Now it includes people that do announcing.. they have to be good looking, young, and have the MTV VJ look.

Roberts fits the description.

How is Michael Cole still employed after 8 years? Seriously? The highlight of his career was in 1999, when a "heel" Jim Ross angle had JR refer to him as a "pretty boy, nice tight ass" in one of the most awkward promos ever. Other than that, Michael Cole is awful, and only Mike Tenay trumps him on the "mute button" scale.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=V-65ktTU_2I

Jack Nicholson is a fan of the WWE and of professional wrestling itself. In his trivia section it states:

He is a fan of professional wrestling

As he is a fan of professional wrestling, his all time favorites are Harley Race, Ric Flair and John Cena.

Wants to one day induct Ric Flair into the WWE Hall Of Fame.

Well he might be announcing RAW and Smackdown! in the near future if they don't renew JR's contract.

Well he might be announcing RAW and Smackdown! in the near future if they don't renew JR's contract.

bring in Bichoff to do the play by play with KING BOOOKAHHH as the color anouncer

Jack Nicholson is a fan of the WWE and of professional wrestling itself. In his trivia section it states:

As he is a fan of professional wrestling, his all time favorites are Harley Race, Ric Flair and John Cena.

Man, I'd kill to see old Jack Nicholson and old Ric Flair to have some kind of verbal standoff about who's banged more chicks.

Man, I'd kill to see old Jack Nicholson and old Ric Flair to have some kind of verbal standoff about who's banged more chicks.

The after-party would be legendary.

In fact the only time we ever really saw Fink on screen was either when he was annoucning the rules to the rumble or joining DX.

I seem to have a good memory for WWE history, but Fink joining DX? Was this some sort of skit I missed or something? Please refresh me.

I seem to have a good memory for WWE history, but Fink joining DX? Was this some sort of skit I missed or something? Please refresh me.

Jeff Jarrett cut Howard's hair in the build up to Jarrett's hair match with X-Pac. When it came time for Jarrett to get his hair cut, Howard Finkel was brought out to mock Jarrett, and he did the crotch chop with them. Nothing ever made DX look cooler...