TSM Forums
Sign in to follow this  
DrVenkman PhD

WWE General Discussion - September 2007

I like John Cena and all, but how the fuck did he manage to make his way on a guy's all-time favorites list that seems to have been watching for 20 plus years. That's pretty cool that a celebrity like Nicholson likes wrestling. I like hearing about celebrities that like it, such as Arnold and Nicholson.

I had no clue Nicholson was a wrestling fan...that seems odd to me, for some reason.

I don't recall seeing him at any show before. If he's able to balance his schedule for Laker games, he could do the same for all the shows that roll through LA.

Is it too early to start a No Mercy thread? I, for one, am really looking forward to this show which is odd, as I rarely order anything but the Big 4 these days. The main reason I'm ordering it, of course, is for the hopeful Jericho return..but look at the other matches on the card:

Cena vs Orton..I didn't see either of their other PPV matches so I'm interested in seeing this one, which should be a really good brawl, as brawls are Cena's forte. I think if Orton is ever going to beat Cena, it'll be at NM, and that's something I'd hate to miss. Not a HUGE Orton fan, but seeing Cena finally lose the belt is definitely another incentive for me to watch. The match should be good regardless of who wins.

Batista vs Khali..two of my least favorite guys on the roster, but I'm intrigued to see how bad of a match they can put on, and I want to see atleast one Punjabi Prison match in my life. Could be ok, as long as Batista retains.

CM Punk vs (I'm assuming) Elijah Burke..If given time they could put on a good-great match. I know we've seen this match a thousand times but it's the best ECW has to offer right now.

Triple H vs Umaga..For some reason I love Umaga's non-squash matches. It'll be good to have him back and as long as Triple H lets him get in some good offense and doesn't bury him, the match will be entertaining.

Finlay vs Rey..probably the technical MOTN, if given enough time. Can't really go wrong with this one.

I assume they would have announced Hardy vs MVP by now if it was happening at NM (does anybody know when the hell it's going to happen??), but if they add it my interest in the PPV will go up even more.

I see London/Kendrick beating the Highlanders in a #1 contendership match on Monday and getting another shot at Cade/Murdoch. If that happens they could put on a good match on Sunday and hopefully get the belts this time.

I dont know what other matches will be added, possibly Beth vs Candice again or a Cruiserweight Title match, but so far this PPV is looking pretty solid.

I don't think we're getting a Punk-Burke match. I'll call for them to do a three with Punk-Burke-Dreamer since they haven't done that (Burke-Punk, while solid, is far overdone) or they'll have Big V squash them out and slide him against Punk in Chicago next week. Morrison will probably return that night to cause the DQ. The rest of the card is filled with repeats with a couple gimmicks thrown in for "freshness".

There is talk of doing a trade that would send Mark Henry to Raw and Umaga to smackdown. This is basically a way to provide fresh opponenets for each brand's top babyfaces.

McMahon is very interested in doing a Umaga vs. Undertaker feud. Henry would likely feud with Cena since Raw is so low on top heels.

Henry's program with Undertaker appears to be over after he was soundly defeated by him yet again at last Tuesdays' Smackdown taping. Umaga's program will HHH will likely be over soon as well.

wrestling observer newsletter

I'd like to see Undertaker/Umaga

After Triple H basically murdered Umaga on RAW a couple weeks back, would the marks even buy into Umaga as a threat to the Dead Man? I know they'd probably have him come out and lay out 'Taker, while Cole screams "No one has ever man-handled the Undertaker like this!", but would anyone really care anymore? You could say the same in reverse about Henry going to RAW.

I'am so not looking forward in seeing Triple H Vs Mark Henry at all.

Taker/Umaga on the other hand, sounds interesting to me. I don't know why but this match looks like it could be somewhat entertaining.

I still think Umaga needs to find his way back to ECW with reunite with Armando. Not to push for another idiotic Face vs Authority figure but Umaga-Punk should entertaining. Punk is good at brawls and we know how well he works with fat samoans.

It could be a three-way trade -

Umaga to ECW to reunite with A(A)E

Mark Henry to Raw

and...

Big Daddy V to SD!

Striker could use BDV to bully Estrada into doing what he wants, however then Estrada could trade BDV away for his charge Umaga, and then Striker will be up shit creek without a shit paddle.

I read the USA Today that I bought when The Departed came out (Idk why I bought it, never read it till now) and when asked what other sports he likes besides basketball, he did say he's a fan of professional wrestling and he did express interest in inducting Flair into the WWE HOF.

WWE should capitalize on this when they do Flair into the HOF. One of the greatest actors of all time inducting the greatest wrestler of all time into the HOF. It makes sense.

I'm sure if you added the number of women those two have slept with and if you added Gene Simmons, you would have the entire population of Michigan.

Nicholson is not gonna waste his time inducting Flair into the HOF. Jim Carrey and Adam Sandler who are huge wrestling fans didn't even bother wasting their time to accept an offer to induct Jerry Lawler into the HOF. Nicholson blows both out of the water in terms of star power so if Sandler and Carrey were too good to appear for a HOF induction then surely Nicholson won't.

Nicholson is not gonna waste his time inducting Flair into the HOF. Jim Carrey and Adam Sandler who are huge wrestling fans didn't even bother wasting their time to accept an offer to induct Jerry Lawler into the HOF. Nicholson blows both out of the water in terms of star power so if Sandler and Carrey were too good to appear for a HOF induction then surely Nicholson won't.

438px-Sylvester_Stallone.jpg

Stallone isn't nearly the star of those three mentioned, not anymore. Any chance to be noticed, he'll take. Besides, he was probably looking to set up more deals to "enhance" his performances.

I read on Rajah.com, which they said they got from the Observer, that Roddy Piper was at a conference the other day and among things he said, was that he is scheduled to be at Cyber Sunday. I wonder what role they will place him in this year, or knowing the trend of giving away the secret early, if he will even be there now.

I read on Rajah.com, which they said they got from the Observer, that Roddy Piper was at a conference the other day and among things he said, was that he is scheduled to be at Cyber Sunday. I wonder what role they will place him in this year, or knowing the trend of giving away the secret early, if he will even be there now.

I believe a report said a few weeks ago they were planning on having "legends" be up for vote to guest ref one of the main events. I believe Austin and Foley were the other names. Yep, another round of the same three acts like every other fucking year.

It looks like the New Hart Foundation is on track to be brought up to the main WWE Smackdown roster soon, as they are scheduled to work the 11/6 Smackdown taping in Bakersfield, CA. The New Hart Foundation consists of Teddy Hart (Bret Hart's nephew), Harry Smith (son of Davey Boy Smith), Nattie Neidhart (daughter of Jim Neidhart), Ted DiBiase Jr. (self explanatory) and TJ Wilson (close Hart family friend for years). They are working down in WWE's Florida Championship Wrestling territory.

- Here are the latest Billboard Recreational Sports DVD Sales Charts.

1. UFC 69: Shootout

2. UFC 68: The Uprising

3. WWE: The Great American Bash 2007

4. WWE: The Ladder Match

5. WWE: Wrestlemania 23

6. 2001 FedEx Orange Bowl National Championship

7. PRIDE GP: Grand Prix 2003: The Complete 2003 Grand Prix Tournament

8. TNA: Slammiversary 2007

9. UFC Presents: The Ultimate Fighter 2

10. NFL: Indianapolis Colts: Road To XLI

- Chris Jericho will be filming VH1's I Love The 60s on October 29th and 30th in New York City. RAW is the next night in Philadelphia.

- Michael Hayes, Dave Lagana and Dave Kapoor were all backstage at the OVW taping on Wednesday scouting new talent.

- Survivor on CBS did a 8.4 fast national rating. The show featured WWE Diva Ashley Massaro.

I don't understand Ted Dibiase Jr. fits at all. Besides how can you have two Teds in the group? I'm betting only Nattie, Harry and Teddy Hart will get the debut, though TJ Wilson will be brought in sooner or later. I believe Wilson is engaged to Nattie, so he'll have a legit branch on the Hart Family Tree.

I guess Dibiase could fill the "Friend of the Family" role that Pillman filled, however Pillman trained in the dungeon and debuted with Stampede so his connection was legit. I guess if Dibiase Jr is legit friends of the New Harts it makes certain sense. He is 3rd generation as well...

I'd rather Jack Evans be brought in if the HF needs a fifth member, too bad he's a cruiserweight. Teddy Hart and TJ Wilson are cruisers as well, with only Harry providing the size.

I had no clue Nicholson was a wrestling fan...that seems odd to me, for some reason.

I don't recall seeing him at any show before. If he's able to balance his schedule for Laker games, he could do the same for all the shows that roll through LA.

I wonder if the celebs have to grant approval to be shown on camera? I always find it odd when you read about celebs attending shows but never see them. Andy Warhol and a bunch of Hollywood types like Warren Beatty were supposedly at MSG shows in the 80's but the camera would just show Cyndi Lauper's manager.

Remember that Ric Flair was LA Lakers and Dusty was Boston Celtics. I think Flair even name dropped Nicholson in interviews too.

I don't understand Ted Dibiase Jr. fits at all. Besides how can you have two Teds in the group? I'm betting only Nattie, Harry and Teddy Hart will get the debut, though TJ Wilson will be brought in sooner or later. I believe Wilson is engaged to Nattie, so he'll have a legit branch on the Hart Family Tree.

I guess Dibiase could fill the "Friend of the Family" role that Pillman filled, however Pillman trained in the dungeon and debuted with Stampede so his connection was legit. I guess if Dibiase Jr is legit friends of the New Harts it makes certain sense. He is 3rd generation as well...

I'd rather Jack Evans be brought in if the HF needs a fifth member, too bad he's a cruiserweight. Teddy Hart and TJ Wilson are cruisers as well, with only Harry providing the size.

Evans would be wasted in the E though, his whole thing is superflippy stuff that they likely would tell him to tone down. DiBiase fits as The Hart Foundation 2 is mostly 2nd/3rd Gen wrestlers and he fits that mold. Hell they could lie and say he got some training from Stu at his fathers behest.