TSM Forums
Sign in to follow this  
Shooting Star

Racist Swiss campaign.

They're anti-immigration. The poster does seem a little extreme, but they should have a right to get their message across. It's stupid how anyone who says anything against immigration (in this case they seem to be talking about expelling foreign criminals) is automatically dubbed a racist. It's completely knee-jerk.

Black Sheep and White Sheep was an obvious bad choice. Come on Invader, people need to show some common sense when it comes to political campaigns. If they're concerned about criminals, show a guy wearing a balaclava getting kicked out, not a black sheep.

Eh...when I was in Europe a couple years ago, most people didn't seem to have big problems with black people...it was more Turks and Arabs that seemed to get the brunt of the racism, so I don't think it's really an apt comparison.

Guest Soriano's Torn Quad

Don't forget the Jews, now that antisemitism has finally become acceptable again in Europe. We also know that soccer crowds have been known to make monkey noises at black players. Europe is educated and enlightened, though, so it's okay.

They're anti-immigration. The poster does seem a little extreme, but they should have a right to get their message across. It's stupid how anyone who says anything against immigration (in this case they seem to be talking about expelling foreign criminals) is automatically dubbed a racist. It's completely knee-jerk.

I'm not dubbing them racist because of their stance against anti-immigration, I'm talking about them deporting the whole family for the crimes of one family member. This is all really extreme. I live in the Dominican Republic where there's 1 million Haitian immigrants and it's really getting out of control for us since we're also a 3rd world country and we have to deal with them, but still nothing like what the Swiss are doing.

Well, I guess it depends. The article didn't seem to elaborate if they were talking about legal or illegal immigration. If the whole family immigrated legally, then yeah, that does seem a little harsh. Maybe they figure that the arrested person is likely to be the one sustaining the family economically, and thus if that person is jailed or deported, their family will become a burden on the Swiss government.

Guest Vitamin X

Man, why am I not surprised Invader3k would be the first to defend this ass-backwards and regressive concept of extreme nationalism displayed there. Come on, now.

That's racist, but then again the Swiss have been known to just want to be left alone in their little niche in Europe. Let them continue with their 19th century traditions and skiing, the rest of the world will move on.

They do make great clocks and chocolate, though!