TSM Forums
Sign in to follow this  
Taker666

Sweeney Todd: The Demon Barber of Fleet Street

Damn Yuna, toss a spoiler in there in a couple of places.

And yes, Turpin was pretty much the same thing as man woman boy only with more power. His love for her was only built on looking at her locked away and wanting her. Turpin had her locked away, only looked at her through the hole and wanted her. The Swank looking boy kept talking about stealing her, which is pretty much what the judge did. They were pretty much the same character.

I still say the only likeable and pure character in the movie was Toby. There was absolutely nothing to dislike about that kid. He led a tough life, was basically rescued and professed that he would do anything for those who helped him.

I am confused on how his mind worked. I mean, he felt that it was odd that Johanna didn't want to marry him when he asked. Not that she was 16 at the oldest and he was old as hell. Or that he raised her and was basically her father and he wanted to marry her. No...he just doesn't understand why she would be given paused. That doesn't scream shyness to me. It screams a certain type of conceit that many can not obtain.

He never had a moment that I cared about him. Ms. Lovett was more evil and I felt more for her with the Toby scene and the ending and all the time she practically threw herself at Todd all with no result.

Also Yuna I think you are overanalyzing the Love story between Joanna and Anthony. It's the basic Musical or literary subplot/main plot where strangers fall in love at first sight.

See Les Miserables, Romeo and Juliet, etc. for other examples.

So I believed Anthony's love was sincere.

And yeah... might want to drop some Spoiler tags in there, chica.

Okay, but you atleast admit that Baseketball was terrible, right Corey?

Fuck no, it rules. The only Parker/Stone flick I don't care too much for is Team America, honestly. Their originals - Cannibal!, Orgazmo, South Park TV, South Park: B,L,U - are among my favorites, but Team America was just...blah. The jokes felt too forced, really.