TSM Forums
Sign in to follow this  
CanadianChris

2007 NFL Survivor Pool

I'm backing Cincinnati, for all the reasons listed. I can't in any way or form see the Bengals not smash the Browns into paste. We're talking a team that just HUMBLED the Raven's Offense, against a team that was humiliated by the Steelers.

No-brainer to me.

I'm backing Cincinnati, for all the reasons listed. I can't in any way or form see the Bengals not smash the Browns into paste. We're talking a team that just HUMBLED the Raven's Offense, against a team that was humiliated by the Steelers.

No-brainer to me.

Cincinnati was on the road, and the Ravens don't have an offence to be humbled.

The Bills have been known to upset New England. Sure Belichick's boys looked impressive the past couple weeks- the way the NFL goes, who knows if they'll get whooped at home all of a sudden to Buffalo. Not likely, but possible.

Tom Brady has never lost to the Bills in Foxboro in his career.

Based on what I've seen, I wouldn't call Denver a lock against any team on their schedule besides Kansas City.

That's why I said almost. But Jacksonville is still an east coast team travelling west to face a superior non-divisional rival. Those types of games are among the safest you can pick. With the Buffalo game it was the reverse, the western team travelling east which is always a cause for concern (and Denver has a tendency to come out of the gate sleeping as well). Last game against Oakland is the classic example of why picking any divisional game is dangerous unless it is late in the year and one team has simply given up. Not that I think Buffalo is going to win, but any time you are playing within the same division an upset can happen.

So I guess Matt Runnels posts here.

Matt Runnels: I had a stat question that wasn’t in the book but came up on another website regarding survival football pick’em. Are upsets/close games more likely in interdivision games? (Some people want to take New England over Buffalo as a sure pick, while others are saying “NO, THEY’RE BOTH AFC EAST!”)

So if New England played two teams that were roughly equal, but one was in the AFC East, would the AFC East team have a better shot due to playing each other twice a year/knowing each other better/hating each other more/etc…?

Are you related to Dusty?

There's only one lock.

And if people don't pick New England they have either already used them

or

they are on crack.

Baltimore and Pittsburgh are locks. The Broncos are close to being a lock too.

I Dont think Baltimore is a lock vs Arizona for the simple reason that McNair could start and not be 100% healthy and freaking fumble the ball 3 more times like he did vs Cincy.

The Broncos aren't locks. In fact, I say they'll lose Sunday.

Pittsburgh better come through for me though.

The Broncos aren't locks. In fact, I say they'll lose Sunday.

Pittsburgh better come through for me though.

Edit: And I mean it!

Guest Vitamin X

Haha, the only one who picked Washington this week. Good.

The rule this season is to bet mostly against Kansas City and New York. Minnesota was going to be my other pick.

Guest Vitamin X

Fucking Redskins. I hope the Packers crush them for this in a couple weeks at Lambeau.

I took a gamble considering that I wanted to save New England or Indy for later. So much for that. I thought the Giants and Chiefs were worse than they really were.

So after the chaos of Week 2, only one person is eliminated in Week 3.

People took less risks this week, obviously since NE and Pitt pretty much took all the votes. I just avoid using Indy and NE as long as possible. Looking ahead at next week, I feel secure about only two games at this juncture. Neither involve NE and Indy.

So after the chaos of Week 2, only one person is eliminated in Week 3.

People took less risks this week, obviously since NE and Pitt pretty much took all the votes. I just avoid using Indy and NE as long as possible. Looking ahead at next week, I feel secure about only two games at this juncture. Neither involve NE and Indy.

Yeah, I'm probably looking at the same two games.

I hate to waste my NE pick this soon, but that was the only game I was 100% confident about. I actually considered the Browns against Oakland, after their showing against Cincy last week. Good thing I didn't bite on that one.

It's not like he didn't have a couple LOCKS to choose from. He still had NE, Dallas, Pitt and Indy. I get trying to save the usual lock teams but not with Miami against a shifty team like Oakland.