TSM Forums
Sign in to follow this  
Jonathon

Ghostbusters...

No Erie Hudson=No Go

Ernie was at Horrorfind this year giving out and singing Twinkies some fan left for him.

Thats great.

Ghostbusters was my absolute favourite thing as a kid. Everything I had was Ghostbusters: bed covers, all the toys, lunch box. MY mum even got me a jumpsuit with the logo on it made for me. It was pretty ridiculous/brilliant.

I'm not sure I like the sound of another sequel being made. I don't want anything done to further tarnish the good memories of it for me.

See, people said that about the new TMNT cartoon (not the queer "Flash Forward" series that's on right now) and movie. Both turned out much better than expected, with the new cartoon kicking the original 'toon's ass entirely (not as funny, but the animation was more fluid, more action, and the stories were STRAIGHT from the comic), and the new movie being better than both live-action sequels (if not, then on par with Secret of the Ooze). I think, with the right people, even a CGI GB3 could work.

As far as GB fanboys go, I tracked down the four issues of the "Legion" comic mini-series for THREE YEARS before finding it a couple of months ago. I'm getting "ZUUL" inked across my stomach (like Rey Mysterio has "Mexican" across his). For Halloween my sophomore year of high school, I bought a jumpsuit and made a proton pack out of styrofoam, wood, line cord (for telephones), cardboard, and paint. I still own one of the original Ghost-Trap toys, and a bunch of the GB action figures (as well as a good portion of the EGB figures, while having every EGB ep on tape).

at this juncture it would have to be CGI since they waited far too long to do another live action one...I mean have you seen Harold Ramis lately? He's fucking huge. Not to mention Murray, Ackeroyd, Ramis, and Hudson are all getting up there in age now. CGI would be the only way to go.

If they were to go live action and just have the old guard mentoring some new guard then Ben Stiller could be the new team's Ray and they should cast Vince Vaughn as the new team's Venkman.

I just saw the first two movies for the first time, and I love 'em!

A few years ago I watched these two films for the first time since I was a kid and realized all the adult humor that shot over my head back in the day.

Dana Barrett: That's the bedroom, but nothing ever happened in there.

Dr. Peter Venkman: What a crime

Dana Barrett: [possessed by Zuul] Do you want this body?

Dr. Peter Venkman: Is this a trick question?