TSM Forums
Sign in to follow this  
Atticus Chaos

Samoa Joe and Alex Shelly staying in TNA

from pw torch audio

Test is gone from TNA. TNA realized they couldn't have him around with the Congress thing. Keller's source was told by Test that TNA won't consider putting him on their TV unless he loses a lot of weight.

Alex Shelley's TNA deal was set to expire very recently and he signed a new TNA deal for two years. Keller said he had this from two sources, and that Shelley worked the PWG shows or whatever with TNA's knowledge and consent. Shelley's contract being up definitely explains the recent string of jobs.

Samoa Joe has more than two years left on his TNA contract, he just wanted a raise when TNA wanted him to tack a couple more years onto the deal. Which is what was reported months ago, but somehow, the newz and rumorz wildly spun it into Joe's deal being up at the end of this month.

Okay the Shelley burial with Sabin makes a bit more sense now, but how do they explain Joe jobbing out to Angle and looking like a tool?

Because he bad mouthed the company at a rivals show?

I'm not suprised either of them are staying. Both of them -shock horror- like making money from wrestling. It's clear they canan make good money and wrestle shorter, less physically intensive matches in TNA than on the independents.

Joe making a joke that he tripped over some bad booking to elicit a pop in front of an ROH crowd is hardly bad mouthing the company is it? I'm certain people such as Kip James have said far worse things.

With WWE doing a massive cleaning, I don't understand why Joe and Shelley didn't look to jump. Maybe they tried and got zero interest from them...

Joe is probably making more now than he would as a mid carder in WWE. And he's only working half the schedule.

As for Shelly, he'd probably be making about the same. But I assume, now that he has signed an extension and with the two hours slot coming up, he'll be a bigger part of tv than he was.

Shelly is probably dubbed 'too young' for WWE, he's only like 22 or so, and would probably send him to OVW or something (Where Colt Cobana remains still to this day)

Except Ken Doane/Kenny/Kenny Dykstra was called up at age 20.

Guest MadManOnTheWater
Okay the Shelley burial with Sabin makes a bit more sense now, but how do they explain Joe jobbing out to Angle and looking like a tool?

Does Angle have a Hogan-esque creative control clause in his contract? All Samoa Joe has to do is bide his time and wait for Angle to self-destruct physically. Then TNA willl have to turn to him.

I'm not suprised either of them are staying. Both of them -shock horror- like making money from wrestling. It's clear they canan make good money and wrestle shorter, less physically intensive matches in TNA than on the independents.

Joe making a joke that he tripped over some bad booking to elicit a pop in front of an ROH crowd is hardly bad mouthing the company is it? I'm certain people such as Kip James have said far worse things.

Very true, but by TNA logic, Joe wasn't a star during the Attitude Era, so Kip can get away with more.

Shelly is probably dubbed 'too young' for WWE, he's only like 22 or so, and would probably send him to OVW or something (Where Colt Cobana remains still to this day)

Wasn't Orton only like 22 as well when he was called up from OVW?

Alex Shelley's father and grandfather weren't in the business. I'm really saddened to hear that news, I was convinced Shelley was going to be the mastermind behind Project 161 and it seems ROH could give Joe more.

Yeah well the point is WWE isn't adverse to calling youngsters up. The reason why Colt Cabana is in OVW is to learn the "WWE" style and get acclimated to their way of presentation. If Shelley was sent there, it's not because he's 22, it would be because of the reason I just listed.

With WWE doing a massive cleaning, I don't understand why Joe and Shelley didn't look to jump. Maybe they tried and got zero interest from them...

Shelley could have jumped, but re-read the original post - Joe is UNDER CONTRACT for two more years. He ain't going anywhere anytime soon.

With that said, I'm willing to see what they have for him at Bound for Glory, but if its not a world title win, then shit ain't right. I'm one of few who actually think the fact that they are milking out the chase for him in quite alright. And he's still awfully over with the crowds, regardless of how some seem to think he isn't or that his knees are already cut off and he has no chance to succeed to his capacity if/when he gets the belt.

Ah, well I guess, but those aren't really good examples. One is now in nowhere land, or only just started to get some push on Smackdown after his Spirit Squad thing, and Orton is an arrogant basketcase :P But that was my take on it, I guess you're right about them not really regarding age as a thing.

So Alex Shelly will be in limbo doing nothing for awhile unless they find a way to get XXX to feud with McMg? Considering that Jerry Lynn left town the only other person willing to put over talent is Christopher Daniels? Poor Joe, stuck in the never ending chase for the belt with Kurt who does the obvious cheating tactics to win everytime and yet Joe gets the #1 contender spot every month cause Kurt isn't done torturing him yet...so how many more times are we going to see this match 4, 7, 20, or until they have the final fight in the cage? Then Joe loses it back to the owner of the company 2 months later thus making the whole Kurt/Joe feud meaningless?

Source: The Wrestling Observer Newsletter

In a recent interview Ken Kennedy was asked if he could make one change in the business what would it be. Kennedy said it would be more time off. "Maybe every quarter have a week off, to recharge our batteries and spend time at home with family, it would help mentally and physically."

For what is it worth, Teddy Hart has told family members that he will be heading to SmackDown in a few weeks.

This whole thing strikes me as bullshit, you wanna know why? Because WWE put a media block on their superstars. Kennedy isn't allowed to give interviews. No one is.

Wrong thread, indeed. But its NOT BS - it was in this weeks Observer, and yes, Kennedy has been doing the occasional interview here and there, still.

Back on topic here, speaking of public idiocy, VERY glad TNA got rid of Test since his stance on steroids PUBLICLY, after failing the "wellness policy" is basically that he doesnt see the big deal with roids, its a personal decision that shouldnt roll into the business. If TNA would keep him employed, that would surely come to bite them back in the ass.