TSM Forums
Sign in to follow this  
TNABaddboi

OAO 9/6 Impact Thread

Ok, I haven't watched Impact in about a month, but since I'm planning to go to BFG since it's going to be in my backyard, I'm going to try to get back into it. I figured I'd start a thread for anyone else who's going to be watching/wants to be bitch about why they didn't watch. Here's the preview:

stingkurt.gif

PREVIEW FOR THURSDAY’S HUGE “iMPACT!” ON SPIKE TV

The final countdown begins to the “No Surrender” PPV event

By Bill Banks

Total Nonstop Action “iMPACT!” returns to SpikeTV this Thursday night at 9pm with a huge broadcast as the final countdown begins to the “No Surrender” Pay-Per-View event! The below is a preview of what you will see on the program:

Kurt Angle has a new tag team partner in the icon Sting, and this Thursday night they will join forces for the first time as the TNA World Tag Team Champions before they face Pacman Jones and Ron “The Truth” Killings (Team Pacman) for the gold at No Surrender! However, their opponents will be Angle’s other opponents at the Pay-Per-View – Abyss and “Black Machismo” Jay Lethal! Can Angle and Sting trust each other and work as a team? Plus, Team Pacman is scheduled to be in attendance – will they try to get involved? Tune in and find out!

Also this Thursday, Christian Cage’s monster backup – Tomko – will be in singles action against high-flyer Kazarian!

“The Samoan Submission Machine” Samoa Joe is signed to face the maniacal Raven

Plus, more matches will be announced for the “No Surrender” Pay-Per-View on Sunday, September 9!

Note: The “Road To No Surrender” special on SpikeTV will air on Friday night, September 7 at midnight!

Discuss...

Can anyone who's been keeping up recently tell me if Abyss is getting over as a face? Seeing him teaming up with Lethal seems kinda surreal after watching him squash small guys for years.

I'd say he's just consistently over, period. The 1 hour show and Angle centered programming have not allowed for this face run to even unfold much. He's literally on again and off again, and the character development is not there at all.

Why has Harris not been on TV in a month?

What he isn't the guy who has been going to bars looking for Rhyno?

I'd say he's just consistently over, period. The 1 hour show and Angle centered programming have not allowed for this face run to even unfold much. He's literally on again and off again, and the character development is not there at all.

Total Nonstop Angle does not have time to focus on anybody not named Joe. Oh and I'm still wondering where the hell is James Mitchell and his new monster! Poor Jay Lethal is lost in the shuffle too as I don't ever remembering anything remotely mentioned about the X title which brings up the question why the fuck is Kurt holding that belt?

For some reason I expect Robert Roode roll down the window of his limo ask Harris, Storm, Rhyno, Kim, if they have any Grey Poupon then drive past them doing the evil Million Dollar Man laugh then throw out a contract for Roode Inc. with stock shares, health plan, etc.

Wow, Jones could just about be the all time worst "famous person" ever to take part on wrestling shows. How can someone like him be so void of charisma or anything else that would make him the least bit entertaining?

Well, I don't get exactly what belts they are going to job off of Angle at the PPV. There's no way I would job Angle and Sting to Pacman and Killings, especially since Pacman can't even DO anything, can he? I would hope Angle drops the X title to Lethal via some sort of run in from Joe or whatever. And of course Angle keeps the world title with the Judas Macias run in. Hell they are practically advertising his run in.

Boy, that whole Raven/Joe segment was awful. The match was all kinds of bad. Raven looked in the best shape I've seen him in a while, but he sure is unmotivated. Joe, too, while we're at it.

Beatdowns delivered to guys who aren't professionals are stupid. Unless you're going to be stiff, you can bet they'll suck.

Kaz/Tomko was pretty solid, other than all the armwork barely being sold and leading to absolutely nothing.

Sting really looks tired and old. Karen Angle was the best part of any segment she, her husband and Sting were collectively in.

I REALLY don't want to see No Surrender.

Pretty bad show overall. I'm going to keep watching, simply because I love wrestling, but Impact needs 2 hours and guys to run the ropes harder for a change. Really seems like no one gives a shit anymore. I can't blame them, but fucking do your jobs, guys. TNA has the lightest schedule you'll ever have on the road and fans aren't going to catch on to half assed stuff like this.

I'd really like to see everyone TRY and give 100% even with some of this booking and see if people might give a shit. Trying and failing is a lot better than not trying at all.

Well here's Harris. Is Black Reign ever going to appear on Impact or is he PPV only?

Who the fuck would pay money to see Black Reign?

To quote Bryan & Vinny, "NO BUYS!"

Pretty decent final show before The PPV,IMO. One thing that I didn't get; Why the hell did Tomko,a heel, give a shit about Ms. Brooks? Isn't Kaz,(who Tomko defeated cleanly beforehand), the one facing Robert Roode over this issue at N.S.? WTF? :huh: Other than that, I enjoyed the show.

Tomoko is in Russo's infamous "shades of grey area", he is a heel because he hangs around with Christain and crew, but is the most face-like out of all of them as he can see through Christian's crap.

He's like the Starscream of TNA.

Tomoko is in Russo's infamous "shades of grey area", he is a heel because he hangs around with Christain and crew, but is the most face-like out of all of them as he can see through Christian's crap.

He's like the Starscream of TNA.

Thinking about it that way, it actually works for Tomko more then it does Angle, the whole "shades of gray thing." I'm really enjoying him a lot in TNA. He's been used the best out of all the WWE castoffs. He's not super pushed to World Title level, yet, but we get enough of him on TV to know he's got talent. I'm interested to see if there is going to be some sort of Diesel/ Shawn Michaels thing with Christian/Tomko in the near future. I think the fans would get behind Tomko big time if they did.

I'm all for a Tomko slow burn to main event status in the future. Wasn't Giant Bernard/A-Train supposed to be brought into TNA soon as well?

It's a perfect way to bring him in. Once Tomko finally breaks off from Christian and has his feud, I'm sure AJ will do the deed of his "leader." This can lead to Christian and AJ vs. Tomko and a "mystery" partner. This partner will then be revealed as Albert.

Sounds like a good idea to me. They've had some pretty entertaining matches as a team in NJPW that I've seen so far. Hopefully they could recreate the same thing in TNA.

I'm glad to see Tomko catching on with more people. When I saw his match against Samoa Joe several months ago on Impact, all I could think was "Wow, someone taught Tomko how to wrestle while he was in Japan". I wouldn't mind seeing him get a small main event push.

I don't know if it's just me, but this so seemed more clipped than usual. I don't know if it was that they were trying to fit a lot in or if there were alot of botches, but the editing was really obvious. Two spots that jumped out were during the main event, when Abyss had Angle up for the power slam and when Lethal went for the cartwheel dropkick on Sting. During the slam, they cut to the crowd and came back to Angle on the mat.

I just saw Impact and I noticed that all the alcoholics in the AA meeting were the same people who sit at the first row in the Impact zone.

Haha more then likely, strangely I'm currently watching WCW Nitro 01.29.01 and I noticed AJ Styles was used as a plant during a DDP Book signing haha. Also, Dustin Rhodes was revealed as Ric Flair's SUPER HUGE SIGNING to a zero pop. What is with wrestling promotions thinking we give a shit about Dustin Rhodes

Speaking of AJ Styles during the dying days of WCW, whatever happened to his tag partner, Air Paris? I have a match saved to my computer at home with Air Raid and the Yung Dragons setting the ring on fire in a damn good cruiser tag match from what I believe to be the last episode of Thunder.

I just saw Impact and I noticed that all the alcoholics in the AA meeting were the same people who sit at the first row in the Impact zone.

Haha more then likely, strangely I'm currently watching WCW Nitro 01.29.01 and I noticed AJ Styles was used as a plant during a DDP Book signing haha. Also, Dustin Rhodes was revealed as Ric Flair's SUPER HUGE SIGNING to a zero pop. What is with wrestling promotions thinking we give a shit about Dustin Rhodes

I think it's due to the fact that everyone is friends with his Dad and gives him special treatment in that respect.

From Gerweck aka Grainofsalt :P

- TNA is taping Impact tonight in Orlando. If anyone is attending the show, please let me know.

- Apparently, TNA promised Adam "Pacman" Jones a title, which explain why he didn't wrestle at No Surrender, yet left with one half of the TNA Tag Team titles.

- The angle last night with Matt Morgan stopping Samoa Joe from choking Christian Cage was to set up Joe vs. Morgan.

- The rumor is that TNA is remixing the Bound For Glory Lineup due to overwelming response from the fans predicting the card, which explains the direction of Kurt Angle vs. Kevin Nash.

- The word over the weekend was that Jeff Jarrett's return would likely be saved for the first two hour Impact on 10/4.