TSM Forums
Sign in to follow this  
EVIL~! alkeiper

The "Vent about not having Program X on 24/7" Thread

Rather than continuous posts in the regular 24/7 threads, I figured this would be an easier alternative. If you have/had problems receiving 24/7 programming or some other trouble, talk about it here. This can also give posters an easier reference in the future.

For reference, this is the letter WWE sent out in regards to receiving the BBB complaint:

Dear Mr Name;

Please understand that WWE has absolutely no control over what content reaches your system on a weekly basis.

WWE sends the programming to Comcast and Comcast distributes it to their many systems. The appearance of content on your On Demand menu should be automatic, but sometimes there are glitches with this rather new technology and the individual systems need to be alerted to MANUALLY PUSH the content onto the user interface.

Thanks very much for your patience. Hopefully Comcast will make it a point to pay specific attention to the WWE refresh on your system from now on.

Very truly yours,

Jim Brown

WWE Director of Operations

Guest flairfan

I did file a complaint on WWE thru the BBB, but the case was dismissed. BUT WWE helped me solve the problem. The Director of Operations told me how the process worked. Once I had proof from WWE as to who was at Fault(COMCAST), I sent Comcast the letter WWE sent me and then they finally understood what the problem was and how to fix it. Basically I ended up filing the Case on Comcast because WWE proved it was their Fault. However, if not for me filing the claim with WWE, I would have no way to prove that, because my cable company was saying it was NOT their fault and to contact WWE.

Here is the letter I sent to COMCAST that finally got them up off their butts and to finally fix the problem:

Hello,

You Guys Dont have a clue! I told you Exactly what the problem was.. The WWE 24/7 on demand menu needs REFRESHED MANUALLY for the week of 8/15. How hard is it to contact a person within COMCAST that knows how to do this? I contacted WWE and they said that COMCAST is responsible for manually refreshing the WWE 24/7 on demand screen when the content does not automatically update like it is supposed to.

Here is a letter from the director of WWE OPERATIONS:

Dear Mr Name;

Please understand that WWE has absolutely no control over what content reaches your system on a weekly basis.

WWE sends the programming to Comcast and Comcast distributes it to their many systems. The appearance of content on your On Demand menu should be automatic, but sometimes there are glitches with this rather new technology and the individual systems need to be alerted to MANUALLY PUSH the content onto the user interface.

Thanks very much for your patience. Hopefully Comcast will make it a point to pay specific attention to the WWE refresh on your system from now on.

Very truly yours,

Jim Brown

WWE Director of Operations

As you can see, WWE states the content MUST BE LOADED MANUALLY BY COMCAST.

I am not getting the content I paid for from Comcast and you guys are making no effort to fix it. You know what the problem is: (My WWE 24/7 On Demand Content DID NOT get loaded for the week of 8/15).

SOLUTION: Someone at Comcast has to know how to do manual refreshes so that the WWE 24/7 content will show on my menu.

I have filed a complaint about this to the Better Business Bureau in East Tennessee. So I suggest you forward this email to your boss and then he forwards to his boss until someone there at comcast has a clue about what to do.

I want this problem resloved ASAP.

Also, Jim Brown, the head off WWE opts said to me that if COMCAST refuses to fix the issue to get the names of the Customer Service Reps and Managers and report them to him.

Thanks,

So, again file the complaint on your Cable Provider. They have glitches in their systems when you dont get your updates and they have to fix them if the BBB gets on them.

Guest flairfan

something new occured Friday night. I was checking thru the listings on 24/7 on Sat. To my suprise, they had taken off the MNW and the NWA on TBS, and the TNT that had just been posted NEW on Tuesday night...

Lucky for me, I had watched and recorded them on Wed and Thursday...

BUT still it concerns me that they where taken off after only 3 days of being posted..According to Sunflower, they where supposed to be posted until 9/25...

Anyone else ever see this problem?

Very, very rarely have I had that happen. It was happening more frequently in late 2006 / early 2007 when this was still brand new to Cogeco. I will say it did just happen again for the first time in a long time to me though; that 1st update of the month that Cogeco took so long to get here seemed to erase the MNW episode when it finally showed up. It had almost been there for 2 weeks by that point and I had already watched it so it was no big loss, but still...

Guest Dolfan483

This isn't really a problem with 24/7 but a problem with VOD itself. Maybe somebody here knows whats wrong. Heres a letter i just wrote to my cable company:

My name is Matt Jacobs, and i wrote to you guys on the 29th of August about a problem with my VOD. I explained that the new content that was added would not play, but the old stuff would. I was on the phone with a representative and we tried unplugging it and plugging back in, and loosening the cable wire and tightening it back up, nothing worked. So he told me it might be the box and to get a new one, so on Aug. 30 i got a new box from the cablesystem, hooked it up, and my VOD was working perfectly fine for about 2 weeks. Then last night, i was going to watch the new content that had been added for WWE 24/7 VOD. I clicked on a show to watch, and just like my old cable box , this is what popped up: Were Sorry, We can not process your order at this time. Please try again momentarily. (SRM-20) It happens with not just WWE 24/7 but with all the VOD stuff that got added in the last few days. This is what happened with my old cable box and my new one was working perfectly fine since i got it 2 weeks ago. Might there be something wrong with a cable wire or something, or is it just a strange coincidence that it says the exact same thing again? I don't know if somebody needs to come out and look and make sure everything is running properly or what, but its been a little frustrating. But you guys responded to my emails quick so i hope we can get this manner solved ASAP. I'm hoping we can get this problem fixed as soon as possible.

I still don't have last week's ECW show but the 4 items that were supposed to show up this week (assuming my memory is correct and it was only 4 shows in TV Classics) showed up just after midnight. Cogeco seems on the ball this week.

It's now been a month since I've filed a complaint to the BBB, is it supposed to take this long or my complaint has been put on thr shelf along with others ?

I e-mailed WWE this morning to say Primetime Wrestling wasn't there. I got home and went to watch the ECW show to find out I'm not missing PTW at all (but am missing the Primetime show) due to messed up upload.

My most recent e-mail to the 24/7 Department which I expect to resolve nothing, but I made it a bit more thorough than usual:

"This is hardly a new issue (been going on for months), but once again Cogeco Cable in Windsor, Ontario, Canada is not putting up (possibly not receiving?) the 2007 PPV events in the Big Ones section. They had been showing them fine up until Royal Rumble 2007, so I do not know what the problem here is.

On another note, since I sent an e-mail here and to Cogeco in reference to a complaint I saw someone file against 24/7 to the Better Business Bureau where the response from the 24/7 programming director was that the cable companies need to manually load the content in these cases, I have had very little content problems (everything shows up at 12:00 am instead of slowly filtering in over 48 hours). The only issues have been the above mentioned recent PPVs missing, never getting the Pick Your Big One, and recently not getting the ECW shows (I didn't get the episode 3 weeks ago at all, last week's episode plays Prime Time Wrestling instead). I am happy to see things going smoother, but I would be even happier if Cogeco would start showing the recent PPVs and PYBOs.

Hopefully this issue between 24/7 and my cable company can be resolved. I appreciate any steps taken to resolve this issue.

Thanks in advance,

Stephen Gray"

WWE finally sent me a reply to my BBB complaint from last month. Seems like us poor Cogeco (Canadians ?) subscribers are out of luck due to unnamed restrictions.

Contact Name and Title: Jim Brown, Dir.Operations

Contact Phone: (203)353-2884

Contact Email: [email protected]

WWE is a content provider/programmer that sends On Demand titles to various cable companies in the United States and Canada, Cogeco Cable being one of our Canadian operators.

Unfortunately, there are restrictions in some of our agreements that prevent us from sending certain titles to Cogeco that might be available in the United States. This is true of recent PPV events and the 2007 Hall of Fame title. (It seems the consumer is comparing lists with subscribers in the United States.)

However, some of the other titles should be appearing on Cogeco Cable and we will follow up directly with the cable company to ensure that they are delivering all the titles that we send them.

Thanks very much.

Well that sucks. I guess as long as I still have the MNW on time, I have a reason to keep the channel. Was One Night Only '97 from last month the full show or the video version that was edited ?

King's blog review indicates the full version was aired.

Last year when the 2006 PPVs were airing on par with Koch's DVD releases of them, I had this suspicion that the reason Cogeoc didn't have them was licencing issues. Then they started suddenly showing up starting with SummerSlam 2006 and then stopped after Royal Rumble 2007. Strange.

No reason the PYBO's should be restricted though. Hopefully that gets turned around.

As I said in my above letter, things have been going great lately other than the strangeness of missing / mis-titled ECW shows, PPVs, and PYBOs.

In my BBB reply, it sounds like Mr. Brown might be a bit tired of the BBB inquiries, heh.

Contact Name and Title: Jim Brown, Dir.Operations

Contact Phone: (203)353-2884

Contact Email: [email protected]

WWE provides content to Cogeco Cable and it is up to Cogeco to make sure that such content is made available to their individual subscribers.

Different cable companies are have different systems to make their On Demand titles available to consumers. If the consumer is comparing his cable experience with that of a cable consumer located in the United States, he is bound to run into inconsistencies.

However, we are absolutely concerned that any customer may be having a less than satisfactory experience and we will contact Cogeco Cable to see if we can assist them in any way to ensure that the consumers are getting all the content that they should.

Still, it should be stressed that WWE simply provides the content to Cogeco and that it is up to Cogeco to make sure those titles are successfully exported to the consumer.

Thank you very much.

My response does not mention the Canadian restrictions on the recent PPVs, but I guess when I made the complaint I only mentioned how frustrated I was with waiting TWO DAYS for general content updates (which has since been fixed).

Yeah, the show was unedited.

My cable company has a problem with updating 24/7 too fast, not that I'm complaining, of course. As for problems, their One Night Only listing had the show as being one minute long.

Guest flairfan

I guess I started a trend with the BBB complaints, HOWEVER, the complaints need to be redirected to the cable companies and NOT WWE.

So, file the claim at the BBB on your local cable company, NOT WWE..

My cable company is still having problems and they admit to them. The BBB has lowered their rating, but what good will that do? Most cable companies could really care less that they provide what we are paying for. After all, what other option do we have?? I wish Direct TV or Dish Network would be able to provide WWE24/7 On demand. If they did, I sure wouldn't have Cable.

I think 10 Pounds and I both filed our claim with BBB BEFORE you received a letter back saying it was the cable company's fault.

With 10 Pounds being told that the recent PPVs are not allowed to air here, that solves almost all of my problems with Cogeco; as I've said, they've been really good lately (except this ECW screw-up).

Guest flairfan
I think 10 Pounds and I both filed our claim with BBB BEFORE you received a letter back saying it was the cable company's fault.

With 10 Pounds being told that the recent PPVs are not allowed to air here, that solves almost all of my problems with Cogeco; as I've said, they've been really good lately (except this ECW screw-up).

Cool...

This past week, my updates didnt load and I had to email Comcast about it. After 5 emails, they said they couldnt fix it. I of course knew that was incorrect and sent another email demanding it be sent to a manager and told them that they had fixed the problem 4 times before and ask them what was so different about this time. The very next day, they had my content loaded.

What is really upsetting is that regular Cable support people do not know what the hell you are talking about when you tell them your WWE 24/7 menu needs refreshed. Comcast has NOT trained them in this area. I have stressed to them that their support people need to be trained in this, but so far, they are not following my advice. This makes it hard on the customers, because we do not get our content and then have to fight with support to try and explain to them its Comcasts fault and they need to fix it.

Its a battle I'm about sick of fighting..

Guest flairfan
I often wonder if, with wrestling's current popularity state, I'm the one of the only people in my city subscribing to this. Maybe no one else noticed problems before?

LOL, i would be willing to bet I am the only one getting it in my town. Notice I say TOWN instead of City..LOL...I am from a very small community, however, my cable provider services a VERY large area and many highly popluated cities....

I am willing to bet I'm the only one that is addicted to wrestling in the whole area..LOL...WWE 24/7 is the only reason I have cable. Wrestling is what I watch the majority of, so naturally, im watching every move 24/7 makes..

BUT 1 person or not, if they are not providing the content, then they need to be told about it...

Maybe one day Direct TV or Dish Network will start having 24/7, and when that day comes, its bye bye COMCAST..

Guest flairfan

I have gotten no content for the past 2 weeks, and COMCAST has made no effort to fix it. They basically told me to F*** off and they said the BBB would do nothing to them for not loading it..

So what can I do now?

well for the first time in some time I didnt get my updates, I know there was supposed to be a new MNW and TNT, hopefully it'll get resolved or I'll be callin Insight