TSM Forums
Sign in to follow this  
EVIL~! alkeiper

The "Vent about not having Program X on 24/7" Thread

Much better than last week's non-update until Thursday (which is good since there's a lot of stuff I want to watch this week), but like week 1, Cogeco has zero shorties up right now. Unrelated, the updated VOD menus with prices and a green time bar that looks like a Tivo graphic are now on all the boxes in the house.

Cogeco made it a "perfect" month! Much like how weeks 1 and 3 were perfect except for the fact there were no Shorties immediately, weeks 2 and 4 have maintained there "nothing added at all" status.

I saw Faarooq's debut (Shorties) listed in the Jan 24/7 thread, but it's the one thing that hasn't shown up for me in quite some time. Is it really supposed to be there? It seems like such a random thing to go missing.

I'm missing the Muraco/Backlund match, as well as the RAW 1/2 of MNW. Furthermore, the HoF episode is in "The Big Ones," while the Ladder Match parts 3 and 4 are in Legends (not sure if the last one is a mistake). I have Fuji Vice and what appears to be a tag match w/Muraco and partner vs. Hogan and Partner. Is it supposed to be 1 on 1?

I have the same problem as zappafrank. Before he said he didn't have the Muraco/Backlund match, I had no idea I was supposed to have it. Still don't have RAW. I'll give them till the next update to see if they give me those. I have the Muraco/Orton vs. Hogan/Snuka match as well. That was supposed to be in week 3? I guess I'll get the Muraco/Backlund match in week 3 then. That's supposed to be a cage match?

The RAW not showing up doesn't bother me too much since I have that one on tape. Usually I get pretty pissed when I miss a MNW episode since I don't have most of them on tape and would like to record them. Probably why I am so lenient during this update. I'd still tape it if I got the update though, just in case I lose any tapes.

New schedule says they aren't alternating, the planned addition of the 6/9/97 Raw is some fluke as no Nitro from that date is being shown.

Anyway, yeah, Raw never did arrive here (maybe tonight?) and Cogeco here added zero content to The Movie Network OnDemand today, so unless that's TMN's fault, that doesn't bode well for my week 4 24/7 update.

Some confusion in the MNW updates:

- Only Nitro showed up last week, the one from 6/2.

- Only Raw showed up this week, the one from 6/9 and we won't see the Nitro for that date, due to dubious reasons. Usually, the MNW updates are every two weeks, not one week.

- I didn't got the last Raw before King of the Ring, have they skipped it or it's an error with my cable company ? The last Raw I remember is the one where Austin/Michaels get the titles, but their match at KOTR wasn't announced yet.

It seems really hard to have this channel running smoothly.

We both have the same problem, seemingly due to Cogeco, but the rest of what you mentioned is accurate to the schedule. For whatever reason, Cogeco never got the 6/2/97 Raw (which now that I see the Mankind interview was in 4 parts and not 3, I'm not THAT upset over it now... though Austin/HBK vs LOD sounded intriguing). That Raw and the 6/2 Nitro are scheduled to last for two weeks, expiring on the next update. Because next week is a 5 week month, the next FULL MNW update will be 2 weeks from this update - seemingly, they took the chance to just put Raw up this week with some excuse about Nitro with the normal 2 week schedule for both shows resuming on March 4th.

Question for you guys:

Often I'll go to play some 24-7 and I just get a blank gray screen. This has been happening a lot lately, and it's very annoying.

I realised that after I posted it that I did not ask a question. It happens in frequently. Of course when I finally got the 6-2 RAW to load, I rewound too fast, it froze and no RAW for me.

SNME #5 isn't working for me. If someone could upload it and send it over, that would be great. If possible, that is.

On second thought, no, don't send it. I found a place.

I'll inform WWE, but there was an error code every time I tried to access the video. I looked on my cable company's website, and the error code that popped up indicates that the video was not found. I'd rather not call my cable company, because for some reason, I've been getting free channels that I shouldn't have been, that I never asked for.

It could always work in a few days...

Got home from work, found Cogeco had only put up Bret's HOF piece and matches with Owen (with the Rockers description) and Dynamite (with the HOF description). After I finished watching the HOF piece, I noticed the 5 shorties were now available as well as Flair vs Bret, but none of these actually work. If I select them, a little box pops up that says "VOD Error" and such.

So, as of this morning (and confirmed when I got home from work and had time to check), everything that Cogeco was supposed to put up is now there AND will play. The problem now is that the MSG show is not really the MSG show (it's the Houston show) and SNME 5 comes to a stop due to a VOD error in the middle of Muraco / Hogan.

Guest Nitro 24/7

I didn't get a update at all with Comcast, anyone with Comcast get a full or even partial update?

Cogeco is REALLY half assing 24/7 lately... not only did they add nothing, they took stuff away (the MSG show - which was the wrong show - vanished. Maybe it's being replaced?).

Heh... this is kind of sad. Cogeco seems to just now be uploading this week's programming... by putting up a duplicate copy of the History of ECW. Good stuff, guys.

The neat thing here though is Cogeco ACTUALLY WROTE ME BACK. 10 Pounds knows this has not ever happened when we tell them about issues with 24/7. Sure, they didn't say anything at all relevant to the problem, but it's the thought that counts I suppose.

"Hello Mr. Gray,

Thank you for taking the time to contact Cogeco Technical Support.

This inquiry would be best handled by one of our support representatives. Our representatives are available 24 hours a day 7 days a week for your convenience at 1-866-774-8888.

Best Regards,

Cogeco Technical Support"