TSM Forums
Sign in to follow this  
EVIL~! alkeiper

The "Vent about not having Program X on 24/7" Thread

Guest Nitro 24/7
Heh... this is kind of sad. Cogeco seems to just now be uploading this week's programming... by putting up a duplicate copy of the History of ECW. Good stuff, guys.

The neat thing here though is Cogeco ACTUALLY WROTE ME BACK. 10 Pounds knows this has not ever happened when we tell them about issues with 24/7. Sure, they didn't say anything at all relevant to the problem, but it's the thought that counts I suppose.

"Hello Mr. Gray,

Thank you for taking the time to contact Cogeco Technical Support.

This inquiry would be best handled by one of our support representatives. Our representatives are available 24 hours a day 7 days a week for your convenience at 1-866-774-8888.

Best Regards,

Cogeco Technical Support"

I have been reading about your problems with Cogeco and thats just horrible the way they handle 24/7. This is the first time Comcast has completely not updated anything.

I didn't get a update at all with Comcast, anyone with Comcast get a full or even partial update?

I got everything for this week

Guest Nitro 24/7
I didn't get a update at all with Comcast, anyone with Comcast get a full or even partial update?

I got everything for this week

Hopefully I get mine some time this week, there was a nasty rumor on another message board that Comcast was gonna drop 24/7 next month due to low sales, I called Comcast and the rep said he didnt here anything, so hopefully that is not true!

Heh... this is kind of sad. Cogeco seems to just now be uploading this week's programming... by putting up a duplicate copy of the History of ECW. Good stuff, guys.

The neat thing here though is Cogeco ACTUALLY WROTE ME BACK. 10 Pounds knows this has not ever happened when we tell them about issues with 24/7. Sure, they didn't say anything at all relevant to the problem, but it's the thought that counts I suppose.

I seem to have all the updates we can have, even if we pay more for less content. Wrestlemania 18, the Raw before it and the 2 MNW are in and everything that was WM 2 related is gone after one week.

The only answer I had that wasn't half-assed was the complaint sent via the BBB this past Fall. I made a call to Cogeco when the missing programming problems first appeared in May (recent PPV, PYBO and roundtables) and they told me not to rely on the lists found on WWE.com since those listings are for American cable companies and are subject to change for Canada.

Is there another fellow Canadian subscriber that can attest to that theory ?

My history might be a bit off but I thought a "Comcast dropping 24/7" rumour (combined with pricing errors) is what caused Nate to unsubscribe for 2 months.

yea that was my main reasons for dropping it, but they got the kinks worked out

I seem to have all the updates we can have, even if we pay more for less content. Wrestlemania 18, the Raw before it and the 2 MNW are in and everything that was WM 2 related is gone after one week.

The only answer I had that wasn't half-assed was the complaint sent via the BBB this past Fall. I made a call to Cogeco when the missing programming problems first appeared in May (recent PPV, PYBO and roundtables) and they told me not to rely on the lists found on WWE.com since those listings are for American cable companies and are subject to change for Canada.

Is there another fellow Canadian subscriber that can attest to that theory ?

As of about 5am this morning (random check when I woke up during the night), I just now have all the programs, but that's cool Cogeco had the mon time for you. Did you have the right MSG show? Like I said in the main thread, mine was the Houston show and is now gone. I also asked Scott Keith awhile back if he stopped getting recent PPVs with his Canadian provider but received no answer.

Edit: So I get home from work and try to watch Nitro only to find Cogeco's VOD server is down. The silver lining there was I had the TV on MuchMoreRetro and the Ghostbusters music video came on.

Guest Meni

Anyone with Comcast able to see the LOW: Wrestlemania or the PYBO? I checked yesterday and they were 1 minute, same as today. When I called them I got put on hold for 30 minutes just to have her come back and say it is a network problem. Supposedly Comcast has no control over that and maybe they are trying to fix the problem.

Anyone with Comcast able to see the LOW: Wrestlemania or the PYBO? I checked yesterday and they were 1 minute, same as today. When I called them I got put on hold for 30 minutes just to have her come back and say it is a network problem. Supposedly Comcast has no control over that and maybe they are trying to fix the problem.

Yeah, I've got Comcast and both WM8 and LOW: Wrestlemania are showing as 1 minute long. I hope they fix it soon.

I've gotten the same thing before in the past, its no big deal it'll play the full show no problem

Have you tried actually watching the shows?

Yeah... it stops after a minute, however, i can fast forward to any point in the show.

Guest Meni
Have you tried actually watching the shows?

Yup. I'll get to when Mean Gene introduces Dusty Rhodes in LOW, and the opening lockup of Santana and Micheals on WM. Then I get the message that my time allotment on this program has expired, to re-order it, or such.

When I've had shows with wonky times (good example would be when MNWs were still combined and running about 3 hours but be listed as "8 minutes") they will stop before it's done, but hitting "resume program" causes it to pick back up. It's annoying when it happens, but it gets through the whole thing.

Unbelievable, after missing all of the 2007 PPVs since the Rumble, Armageddon 2007 actually showed up in the menus.

Getting all the content you pay for truly is a crazy concept. Let's just hope these improvements are defenitive and are not good for a month or two.

Guest heyguesswhatidid

Is anyone else with having trouble this week?

I only have 2 categories and no new content in either of them.

The categories are Big Ones (which just has Armageddon and the 1977 show) and Legends (which just has the Cena thing)

I've tried resetting the cable box which has worked before, but sadly it didn't ugh.

Guest gfanikf

The categories are Big Ones (which just has Armageddon and the 1977 show) and Legends (which just has the Cena thing)

I've tried resetting the cable box which has worked before, but sadly it didn't ugh.

Bingo. I have Cablevision, how about you?

Guest heyguesswhatidid

I have Cablevision as well, so I guess it's a company thing.

I'm having a content problem too (I only have MSG 77, Armageddon, and My Life available) but I chalked that up to Cogeco's poor VOD programming lately. The other VOD service I have for The Movie Network has had movies showing up late or on time but unable to play them due to a temporary VOD error. This was happening with 24/7 lately too - I would get all the updates at 12am but 1/4 - 1/2 of them wouldn't work until late Wednesday or Thursday.

Guest gfanikf

I have Cablevision as well, so I guess it's a company thing.

Hmm, well at least its not just me. Odd though, Cablevision has actually been GREAT in the past with updating. Can you call their tech services? I'll call myself when I get out of classes. Hopefully that can get them moving. I've actually been very happy with their tech services in the past, so maybe you'll get it fixed with just that one call. I mean seriously John Cena and Armageddon 2007 and the only cool thing is the MSG even, ah hell no. lol

Guest heyguesswhatidid
Hmm, well at least its not just me. Odd though, Cablevision has actually been GREAT in the past with updating. Can you call their tech services? I'll call myself when I get out of classes. Hopefully that can get them moving. I've actually been very happy with their tech services in the past, so maybe you'll get it fixed with just that one call. I mean seriously John Cena and Armageddon 2007 and the only cool thing is the MSG even, ah hell no. lol

All I got from them was a "We're aware of the problem, we're working on it. So, if I were you I'd call when you get a chance since they haven't done anything yet.

Guest heyguesswhatidid

Damn, tried calling cablevision again and got an automated message saying "due to a high volume of calls..." so now people can't even call and complain.

I actually don't like that Cogeco now sends me e-mails saying my complaint / issue would be best solved by an operator (and maybe they can set up a service call!). How would a service call help me get the programs they didn't put up? I'm thinking they have different auto-responses (since this is the 3rd differently yet very similarly worded e-mail I've received from them) set up by text recognition. It reads "VOD error" and assumes it's a problem on my end for some reason... I don't know.

Guest gfanikf

All I got from them was a "We're aware of the problem, we're working on it. So, if I were you I'd call when you get a chance since they haven't done anything yet.

The women did the restart thing with me, didn't work. Offered to send a technician out, I said that was ok, explained others we're having the problem and the need for a manual update. So at least there aware of the issue now.

Guest heyguesswhatidid

Well, 1 shortie and 1 Ladd match has come up, so, it's a start and looks like cablevision is working on the problem. :)

Hopefully tomorrow it'll be updated since I have the day off :)

Guest gfanikf
Well, 1 shortie and 1 Ladd match has come up, so, it's a start and looks like cablevision is working on the problem. :)

Hopefully tomorrow it'll be updated since I have the day off :)

Same here, except the day off part.

I have the Cablevision problem. I have an imcomplete Legends section, I have a mostly complete Big Ones section, and I have a shorties section with only one entry. I don't have a TV show section.