TSM Forums
Sign in to follow this  
Smartly Pretty

Guilty Pleasures

Chris Rock once said that whatever music you were listening to when you were first getting laid will always stay with you.

So... every now and again I have to suppress the urge to listen to Life is Peachy by Korn. :throwup:

Still Korn's second best album (although that isn't very tricky).

For me, my main guilty pleasure is Kate Nash, but there is whole load of crap I've found myself listening to and enjoying.

Guest Soriano's Torn Quad

I have no guilt over the bad dance music of my childhood. Real McCoy, La Bouche, Amber, Ini Kamoze, Mark Morrison, it's all good. "Now That We've Found Love" by Heavy D has some cool harmonies there. I also appreciate Boyz II Men. Fuck whatcha think.

A whole lot of 90's techno

KMFDM

Front Line Assembly

Lily Allen

Rhianna

Ciara

The first Killers album

The Sounds

KMFDM

I'm getting some wicked acid-flashback chills up my spine just thinking about these guys. I got a joe-job in high school ushering in a movie theater shortly before Mortal Kombat: Annihilation was released, where I was introduced to these guys and Rammstein and the like. KMFDM takes me back to a special, ulterior place in my life where I was only semi-corrupted.

I've always said I felt no guilt over anything I listened to, because I listen to some pretty gay shit and don't care, but when I'm starting to enjoy like the Killers and the Bravery and stuff, I do feel some guilt. I was a little ashamed when I initially started to like James Taylor, but I got over it.

^^^ Slipknot has a fairly large following, so I don't know if it'd be something to feel guilty about.

I love the hell out of "These Dreams" by Heart, Phil Collins, Steve Perry (both solo and with Journey), pre-Minutes to Midnight Linkin Park, and Limp Bizkit. Beat that for "guilty pleasure".

Lily's the fat one...but pretty much, yeah.

(oh I know you weren't seriously asking, I just wanted to point out how disgustingly sloppy Lily Allen is)

Amy Winehouse is slowly closing that gap with her not showering drug user look.

Bout the only thing I ever feel guilty for liking and not sure to this day WHY I like it is Limp Bizkit. I like to tell myself it's because the background music didn't always suck and it would have been awesome if Fred had shut up. But that would be a damn lie.

Amy Winehouse is a crackhead. I know crackhead when I see crackhead and that girl is on crack. I have never called Whitney Houston a crackhead because it was obvious she was doing lots and lots of coke but not smoking crack, but Amy, that chick is smoking crack.

I like her albums too, but yeah...cracky needs to get her shit together.

And my guilty pleasure....sigh...okay...I have to admit it now.

T-pain. I have no idea how or when it happened, but I like T-Pain in the Nate Dogg role where even though I can hate everyone on a song, the song is stupid, he will do the hook and I will be like "You know, this is okay".

Right now I love that "I'm so Hood" song, and I hate Rick Ross and Plies non talented asses (Trick Daddy can be okay at times, but he sucks on this song too). So why do I like it? T-Pain.

And even he is saying some bullshit, but he makes it sound good.

I'm so Hood

Yeah I wear my pants below my waist

and I never dance when I'm in this place

Because you and your man is plannin to hate.

I'M SO HOOD

And I got these golds up in my mouth

If you get closer to my house

then you know what i am talking about

I'm out the HOOD

And if you feel me put your hands up.

HOO-OD

My hood niggas can you stand up?

I'M SO HOOD

If you not from here you can walk it out

and you not hood if you don't know what I'm talkin bout.

Basically he didn't say a goddamned thing but I like the song. That is so not like me.

T-Pain...oy! That "Snap Your Fingers" is absolutely terrible. Plus I hate that his voice is synthesized through the whole goddamn thing...extremely annoying effect which I wish producers would stop over-utilizing!

^^^ Slipknot has a fairly large following, so I don't know if it'd be something to feel guilty about.

Yeah, of 14 year old goths who hate their parents. Thats not the sort of group I want to be assoistaed with. I quite like my parents.

T-Pain...oy! That "Snap Your Fingers" is absolutely terrible. Plus I hate that his voice is synthesized through the whole goddamn thing...extremely annoying effect which I wish producers would stop over-utilizing!

T-Pain wouldn't be T-Pain without the talk box.

T-Pain wouldn't be T-Pain without the talk box.

exactly, adios average bland singer