TSM Forums
Sign in to follow this  
Smartly Pretty

Guilty Pleasures

Robbie Williams

HELL YES! "Rock DJ" is both one of the most disturbing and ridiculously hilarious videos ever.

Backstreet Boys

I had the song "Larger than Life" on my ipod for a short time.

To whoever said Ini Kamozie and Mark Morrison, I'm with you on them. I grew up listening to our local pop channel before switching over the the rock station in the late 90's. Wasn't it Mark Morrison that did "Return of the Mack"? "Here Comes the Hot Stepper" is good fun too.

you know, a lot of the guilty pleasures you guys mention are actually good artists, why feel so guilty about it?

If you want to feel guilty about liking anything, it would be liking shit like "A Bay Bay", "Umbrella" (that horrid Rhianna song) and "Crank That" (that recent tune from rapper Soulja Boy, perhaps the worst rap single I've ever heard)

If you want to feel guilty about liking anything, it would be liking shit like "A Bay Bay", "Umbrella" (that horrid Rhianna song) and "Crank That" (that recent tune from rapper Soulja Boy, perhaps the worst rap single I've ever heard)

"Umbrella" is a good song and the musical quality of "Crank That" is pretty much irrelevant in the face of how awesome its accompanying dance is.

KMFDM

I'm getting some wicked acid-flashback chills up my spine just thinking about these guys. I got a joe-job in high school ushering in a movie theater shortly before Mortal Kombat: Annihilation was released, where I was introduced to these guys and Rammstein and the like. KMFDM takes me back to a special, ulterior place in my life where I was only semi-corrupted.

I don't see how you could consider KMFDM to be a guilty pleasure. They've been around forever and are very respected.

Mindless Self Indulgence are starting to become a guilty pleasure for me, mostly because they are becoming popular.

you know, a lot of the guilty pleasures you guys mention are actually good artists, why feel so guilty about it?

What about "Street Fighter" by Ice Cube from the Street Fighter soundtrack?

I don't think I've heard that one...probably a good thing, huh? I didn't even know he had a track on there!

Strangely, it was catchy. Almost like the absurdity of "Deepest Bluest" by LL Cool J from Deep Blue Sea. Oddly enough LL has a song on the Street Fighter motion picture Soundtrack as well. Along with Hammer featuring Deion Sanders, Public Enemy and Nas. Truthfully you look at the soundtrack then you look at the cast and you wonder what the hell is wrong with this picture.

That whole CD is a guilty pleasure. I wish I still had it cause it was awesome.

ella ella ay ay ay

no...

That is a terrible song.

But as I've gone over with you before, BL.....you're failing to recognize just how fucking hot she is.

Because she's REALLY fucking hot.

It sort of distracts from the awful music.

Umbrella is really awful, and I'm amazed at how anyone can like it. I even like a lot of those radio singles, but this is just terrible.

Ripper do you like "Buy you a drink"? That's T-Pain to me, and it's pretty bad as well.

Guilty pleasure? Uhhh, nothing really. I like some music that a lot of people would call bad, but I don't really care.

Mindless Self Indulgence are starting to become a guilty pleasure for me, mostly because they are becoming popular.

That faggot song of theres used to get played all the time at this club I used to go to, I fucking hate that song.

I don't think I've heard that one...probably a good thing, huh? I didn't even know he had a track on there!

Strangely, it was catchy. Almost like the absurdity of "Deepest Bluest" by LL Cool J from Deep Blue Sea. Oddly enough LL has a song on the Street Fighter motion picture Soundtrack as well. Along with Hammer featuring Deion Sanders, Public Enemy and Nas. Truthfully you look at the soundtrack then you look at the cast and you wonder what the hell is wrong with this picture.

That whole CD is a guilty pleasure. I wish I still had it cause it was awesome.

DEEPEST BLUEST MY HAND IS LIKE A SHARK'S FIN

oh god.. I could'nt get that out of my system for a while after that insane movie.

As for guilty pleasures, off the top of my head the most guilty of them for me is the Spice Girls. Just too damn catchy to hate!

"Crank That" (that recent tune from rapper Soulja Boy, perhaps the worst rap single I've ever heard)

Ugh, this crap is all the rage at the school where I teach right now.

Some of my students found out that I like rap the other day and this one useless kid asked me if I liked "dat Soulja Boy."

Also, I was teaching about Martin Luther's 95 Theses the other day and some kid said that Luther "got 95 problems but a pope ain't one." Just thought I'd share that.

"Umbrella" is a good song and the musical quality of "Crank That" is pretty much irrelevant in the face of how awesome its accompanying dance is.

But I gotta admit...the dance is pretty awesome. I refuse, however, to join in at the pep rallies, where every student in the school seemingly does this dance.

"Crank That" (that recent tune from rapper Soulja Boy, perhaps the worst rap single I've ever heard)

Some of my students found out that I like rap the other day and this one useless kid asked me if I liked "dat Soulja Boy."

Also, I was teaching about Martin Luther's 95 Theses the other day and some kid said that Luther "got 95 problems but a pope ain't one." Just thought I'd share that.

:lol:

Kinda reminds me of when I introduce Teddy Roosevelt to my kids in class and as soon as I mention the Spanish American War and the Rough Riders I get a whole bunch of DMX crap.

:lol:

Kinda reminds me of when I introduce Teddy Roosevelt to my kids in class and as soon as I mention the Spanish American War and the Rough Riders I get a whole bunch of DMX crap.

I've gotten that one before too. Usually because I make a joke about TR hanging out with DMX.

I have an unabashed love and unironic love for yacht rock.

I also like the new James Blunt single way more than I should. I love that song and the odd thing is I didn't really care for any of the singles off his first album.

And wouldn't you know it, they're playing it on national T.V. at the Texas A&M/Miami game. They played it at the Lions/Vikings game I went to last week as well and sure enough, a buncha ppl (black ppl mainly) started dancing.